What do you use a flashlight for the most?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
In the vein of "what did you use your flashlight for today?" ……what do you usually use your flashlight for? Finding a crayon under a sofa? Blinding perps, seeing wires in an electrical panel, walking a pet? (I say pet because my neighbor walks her cat and by brother his lizard).

I use mine most often to see stuff better like fine print, dates on coins, and stuff my aging eyes struggle with. I use one for that sort of thing nearly every day.

Next would be the 2am nature call thing. Again, the aging eyes thing. Plus it gives me a reason to use a flashlight.

How about you?

chip100t

Enlightened
My H1r headtorch every evening walking the dog.
My if25a to look to see where he is and what he's up to in the garden at night.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
I use it a lot at work to read print with also and to find places I need to go to for work at night. I always scan my back yard at night before letting the dog out also. Even during the day if I go in basement for something after being outside in the bright sun, I will use flashlight rather than turn all the lights on.

Poppy

Flashaholic
LOL... I have certainly used it to locate crayons under the couch :crackup:

I occasionally use a little maglite solitaire that lives on top of my thermostat to see what the temperature is.
EOtFv5Z2xZgCG4qy2yhNSh4LS0=w729-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

But I most often use a flashlight to look into the dark reaches of this closet,

y-kEltiEkSy0TLRSvbObME7eQG=w592-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

to see if there is any wine in there.

y2Ipxt1QVlPqzdKpzaHtc23GnP=w592-h789-no?authuser=0.jpg

Oh yeah... I'm good, and can sleep tonight.
:clap:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sometimes I use mine to see dates on coins, etc., etc., But most of the time I use my flashlights to just feel more happy while I am down here.

Attachments

• BCB7CBFA-E0BA-4330-8F72-5CF883D02AE4.jpeg
    BCB7CBFA-E0BA-4330-8F72-5CF883D02AE4.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 59

Candlestick

Newly Enlightened
Most of my battery power goes to night walks. Since I was a teenager I loved to just get up and go exploring greenbelts and wilderness. I'll bring the dog and walk miles at night. I love urban exploration and night hiking and camping and I want to get out more. Id say 50-150 lumens High CRI flood zebralight headlamp is my go to most of the time. Still my favorite and most reliable light. One 18650 lasts me weeks / months of use usually but I like to have spares just in case.

I often use my lights for photography as well and take macro pictures of wildlife.

But most often when I am turning it on its to take a leak without burning out my eyeballs. No joke I use 0.01 lumens, set up on the bathroom sink and that's just enough light for me.

Another less frequent one is helping my grandparents read the menu at dimly lit restaurants.

FtIvVoOldzVCxwTDTBwjIybA=w2561-h1920-no?authuser=0.jpg

sambob223

Newly Enlightened
Mostly for finding that tiny piece of whatever I just dropped on the dark red carpet.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use my key chain light every day for lighting up dark walk ways and finding things in dim light, but lately I have been using several lights that I have set up as lanterns more than anything else for adding light anywhere it is needed.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
For finding little black insects hiding in bottlecaps. Scanning the room for mosquitoes. Navigating a dark room while im ventilating it at night. Checking the color of socks. As a bedside light. To check if its raining (after dark). To look for monsters under my bed.

Poppy

Flashaholic
For finding little black insects hiding in bottlecaps. Scanning the room for mosquitoes. Navigating a dark room while im ventilating it at night. Checking the color of socks. As a bedside light. To check if its raining (after dark). To look for monsters under my bed.
When I was a kid, I discovered that I am slightly color blind, in that I have difficulty in discerning the difference between the colors black, and Navy blue. So at some point I asked my mom to never buy navy socks anymore.

My parents also used to buy white socks with the different color rings at the top.

Now as an adult, I only buy black socks, and white socks (no colored rings) all the same brand, and in the same style. This way, other than color, I don't have to match socks. Any two I pull out of the drawer will match.

This also eliminates the need to sort socks when putting them away.

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I was a kid, I discovered that I am slightly color blind, in that I have difficulty in discerning the difference between the colors black, and Navy blue. So at some point I asked my mom to never buy navy socks anymore.

My parents also used to buy white socks with the different color rings at the top.

Now as an adult, I only buy black socks, and white socks (no colored rings) all the same brand, and in the same style. This way, other than color, I don't have to match socks. Any two I pull out of the drawer will match.

This also eliminates the need to sort socks when putting them away.
I only buy black socks anymore but ive still got a bunch of blue ones from years ago & I dont wanna throw them out.

NOBLNG

Newly Enlightened
I build models as a hobby and also to keep track of my dexterity and eyesight. So I mostly use mine for finding small parts I've dropped on the carpet. Adjusting it to a narrow beam and laying it on the floor works great. I will also use it for looking for items that I know are on the shelf, but just can't lay my eyes on them…it focuses my gaze.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Cuyrrently I'm living in a very well-lit apartment, so the only real uses are finding stuff under the sofa or bed, or lighting the bedroom between turning off the ceiling light and lying down in bed. How exciting.

At work I use my torches to either find books or magazines on shelves (all but mandatory), or when visiting the AC machine rooms.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Walking the dogs: principally to retrieve their leavings, so I don't get entangled in one neighbor's overgrowth impinging on the sidewalk, crossing streets, occasionally to light up a what was that object of interest.

7tisix

Newly Enlightened
Night stand lamp and night light. I have been using my ZL SC63w for 5 years in moonlight mode (24lm) for a night light, but I'll kick it up to medium if I'm in bed but not going to sleep yet.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately my wife really likes to keep some small lights on throughout the house at night. So I don't get that excuse to use a light for night time washroom breaks. But I do take my dog for a walk after it gets dark every evening and I live in the country with very little ambient lighting. So that's when I use my lights the most

PlanBTorches

Newly Enlightened
Looking for parts I've dropped, or occasionally for reading part part markings if I'm not at the workbench.

Looking for stuff under the couch would definitely be a top 5 though...

ikanode

Newly Enlightened
Outdoors: camping and hikes
Indoors: looking behind electronic equipment, and for repair jobs around the house.

Both are about 50% headlamp, and 50% flashlight

UFO

Newly Enlightened
I use mine for the exact same thing every morning 365 days a year: Seeing where the dog poop is so I can pick it up.

power source

Newly Enlightened
I use it a lot at work to read print with also and to find places I need to go to for work at night. I always scan my back yard at night before letting the dog out also. Even during the day if I go in basement for something after being outside in the bright sun, I will use flashlight rather than turn all the lights on.
I do the same thing, scan the back yard before letting the dog out.