What do you use your HID lights for?

NAW

Enlightened
I'm just curious what you guys do with your multi hundred dollar lights.

I normally like to play with my HIDs couple of times during the day just to stare at the output. At night, I would go behind my house & check out our fishes. Mainly for me these lights our just for fun. Toys first, tools second. Not the other way around.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Well, like tonight and every night, I use my CostcoHID as indoor lighting via ceiling bounce. My MagHID I use for panning around the home outside, and because of that interesting "look" it gives off. . .

Enjoy!

cy

Flashaholic
bike riding at night... HID lights up bike equal to a car. hugely increases safety riding a bike at night.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use them to impress my friends,,, and myself..

But not owning many acres of land, I don't quite have a practical use, exept perhaps for power-outings.

But they shure are fun to play with!! :duck:

Regards,

Ra.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, ponders to self how to make a mount that seperates the Beast head from the battery, then wants a cable between them for his bike. :mhhmm:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
My X990 is a toy, but it could have practical applications in the event I need a ton of light for a couple of hours (e.g., cutting downed trees after a storm).

yo

cutlerylover

Banned
SoSa said:
My lights have no practical purpose, i simply enjoy their light...

Same here, all for fun and to impress...big boy toys thats all...but one day they will come in handy, thats the excuse that allowes me to justify spending the money on them...:grin2:

NAW

Enlightened
Interesting applications. Athough rare, I do use my HIDs in real lfe applications. Once every few months when the tide is low, I like to go out with a couple of friends to the reef. We go spearing, netting, its awesome. :)

I also used my HIDs in power outages. Last time an earthquake took off electricity from morning to night time. It was pretty fun. At night people in there houses were using there spotlights to shine at each other & into the sky. Of course I joined in as well. :grin2:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Most of the time it's just for fun. But also for walking at night on trails and I do like to spotlight animals with them while cruising forest roads in the truck.

One of the local zoos here has a summer time, view by flashlight, month. The second time I went, they politely asked me to not used the X990 as it was "disturbing some of the animals"....lol

ddaadd

Enlightened
To change tires with, of course!..........:laughing:

P8040446a.jpg

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
One purpose is helping out friends who study Zen, but fail to achieve enlightenment. Sometimes they just get lost in the forest with trees falling with no one there to find out if it makes a sound.