What flashlight do you keep in your vehicle?

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay guys, an update so soon after my previous post in this thread.

Since the old sween1911-mobile was just retired and a snazzy new (to me) car is now in the stable, I decided to make my precious Maglite ML150LR with charging cradle (that I won in the United Way raffle at work a year or so ago) a resident of the car. That, and @IMA SOL MAN decided to call me out on my flagrant Gladiouslessness (is that a word?) I decided to setup a proper mobile rechargeable to be part of the car. Still working out mounting and recharging.

(will post a picture later)

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
Finally got around to taking a picture of my ML50L 3 C Maglite mounted in my truck. I love this light and it gets a lot of use when we're camping.

Attachments

• IMG_4408.jpeg
    IMG_4408.jpeg
    484.4 KB · Views: 118

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
As cool as a wall/clip/scabbard mount for the interior of the vehicle would be, and very practical, I've always believed that one should leave nothing interesting visible inside the car. I don't even leave a loonie for the grocery cart in the cupholder - everything is out of sight when I park. I'm always mindful of the time my brother left a VHS tape on the seat while parked at a mall, and some bright star smashed a $200 window to get a $5 movie...guess this is a very old story, now.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Princeton Tec EOS LED headlamp.
I always EDC multiple lights, along with my 3C-cell LED Feit Electric FL1000 that I keep in my work-bag. The EOS is in case of a flat tire that I need to change at night. Something likely to occur since one of my two full-time jobs is working 3rd Shift security. I'll likely be alone, so a hands-free option is a Must. And, in case it's raining at the time, I don't want some El-Cheapo piece of junk dying on me because it isn't water resistant. So far, the EOS is overall the best headlamp I've ever bought.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec EOS LED headlamp.
I always EDC multiple lights, along with my 3C-cell LED Feit Electric FL1000 that I keep in my work-bag. The EOS is in case of a flat tire that I need to change at night. Something likely to occur since one of my two full-time jobs is working 3rd Shift security. I'll likely be alone, so a hands-free option is a Must. And, in case it's raining at the time, I don't want some El-Cheapo piece of junk dying on me because it isn't water resistant. So far, the EOS is overall the best headlamp I've ever bought.
I have a PT Apex, and I enjoy it, too. PT really takes care of their customers, too. My Apex button covers got stiff with age, and hard to push on and off, and the plastic case was cracking on the back side of where some screws were put in. So I called PT to see what I could do about it. They had me send it in, and they sent me a new, upgraded one that had higher lumens! SCORE!

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Malkoff P60 M61W or M61N with a body+head+tail by SolarForce or LumensFactory. Puts out a claimed 400LM, has a reasonable amount of throw with good spill, and has a nice tint and clarity to the light. Yet it's heavy enough to have some defensive value, and the crenelated ring affords some glass-breaking ability. Isn't anywhere near as bright as many of today's powerhouses, but it works nicely.

PhilipK

Newly Enlightened
My most used car is a Mazda MX-5, so very limited internal storage space.

Olight Baton 3 does everything I need of it, including a magnetic base (which I have often used) and a hat clip (which I've not yet used) if I need to work on the car, in a tiny package.

fuyume

Enlightened
Okay, I mean no offense, and normally I wouldn't ask but I feel that I've set a precedent that I have to follow so, here goes....How old are you?
What would be the relevance of asking this question, unless you are laboring under the notion that ownership and operation of a motor vehicle is a requirement or identifier of adulthood? I don't find the question "offensive", I find it indicative of a certain mindset.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a Surefire 6p (2 cr123)with Malkoff M61N drop in and spare batteries. Will work through hot and cold and has a beautiful beam. I used to carry this as my primary light than got bumped by my HDS rotary and was kept in my bag. I than got an M91N in an MD3 to back up my HDS so into the car it went.

Along with an old aspheric type sunwayman as a giveaway light but also can light up an engine pretty nicely.

Bull-Dozer

Newly Enlightened
I keep a Walmart Ozark Trail 750 handheld in my vehicle. Cheap, bright, holds a good charge and has lasted for a handful of years now. I love when budget brands put out something impressive. I have a total of four of them which stay in a camping kit. Not a single failure. They just won't die.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Finally got around to taking a picture of my ML50L 3 C Maglite mounted in my truck. I love this light and it gets a lot of use when we're camping.
Do you have the white diffuser cone, wondering how it works around the campsite?
I am a big fan of C cell tubes, diameter makes for great hand holding.. and @letschat7,, 3C length also is good for knocking on noggins (-;

DRW

Enlightened
I keep these in my F350, used for hunting and camping activities.

FENIX HT30R White Laser
FENIX CL28R lantern
FENIX C7 work flashlight

I ride my bike to work (12 miles each way) if it's dry and 28 degrees F or higher.

FENIX BC26R bike light
Garmin Varia Radar Light
Ravemen FR160
FENIX E-CP