What flashlight do you use most often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoot

Newly Enlightened
I have either my single-led Matterhorn or L0P as a constant carry, but, at work (equipment inspection at night) I use my SL PP Lux 4AA. 5 nights a week for about 3-4 hours a night and it's been absolutely bulletproof. It's not only very bright, but also cheap and rugged so that I don't worry about dirt, grease, or the occasional drop.

Last edited:

Alan_L

Newly Enlightened
My HAIII MiniMag with a MadMax+ Lux III sandwich and Kroll clickie. It's bright, small, and runs cheaply on NiMH AAs.

Windscale

Enlightened
When I am out walking in the wild I carry (1) Favourlight 3 watt, (2) Inova 24/7 and (3) Aurora 1.5 Watt. They all have rechargeable 123As. (1) is a headlamp, (2) is hung in front of the stomach and (3) is either in the pocket or clipped to the walking stick by a bike clip and always perpendicular to the walking stick.

WNG

Enlightened
Since discovering LEDs, I'm a born again flashaholic.

Luxeon lights were scarce or expensive a few years ago. So, my most used light was a HK made 3AAA, 3-LED model that I modded with a 1W LuxeonStar and Fraen LP collimator. It's unregulated with a 1 ohm resistor in series.
Bright, white, small, and with NiMH's, rechargeable.
Used often for the last 3 years.

Recently, used the RR 2AA 1.5W projector light half the time instead of my creation.

Now, the most recent acquisition, a new black Inova X1, is seeing duty and EDC status. It's form factor is great for slipping into a pocket for convenience sake.
Bright enough to light up the innards of the computer case.

If more lumens is required, like under a hood or up under a dashboard, I reach for the 1W mod.

I tend to prefer low cost rechargeable batteries (AA/AAA) over the CR123a lights. AA/AAA are available everywhere in case my NiMHs are drained when away from home.

But my pattern is to 'play' with my latest purchase or creation. We'll just have to see how long the new X1 lasts.
:)

underdust

Newly Enlightened
Right now, my most used light is a Streamlight TL-3, running on Li-Ions. It's used almost nightly when walking the dogs.

Torch

Newly Enlightened
I use my Surefire L1 more than any of my other lights, by far! I love this little light.

arty

Enlightened
I use a Maglite every day when walking the dog. It is usually a 4D with a Malkoff dropin.

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast

Click thumbnail to see full size.

The LF2x is my most by far, followed by the 2C ROP.

On the LF2, I use its lowest setting (about 1/3 lumen) by far the most. The ~100lm regulated 75% setting I use as my secondary setting isn't bad, either.

The ROP-Hi is about 600 Torch Lumens, and a more concentrated beam. I customized the cam so it doesn't defocus to the point where "donut holes" show up, and rigged a UV LED to backlight the green GID switch cap so it always glows.

Together these lights represent over 95% of my flashlight use.

chaoss

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Wow, this thread was started a long time ago.
Onto the answer, the Novatac 120e is with me 24/7 and I usually find an excuse to use it daily.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seriously...? It is paramount to child abuse to not rotate in different EDCs and rotate usage around the house.. I only have a few lights that arent turned on at least once a week...

As far as most used in the last week it would be the Incendio for me, but most used over the last year would be my Novatac 120p.

Please don't neglect your torches!

Last edited:

dulridge

Enlightened
Either
Photon ReX or
AWR Nano

Depends on which comes out of my pockets first when the car's dash refuses to light up. In terms of runtime these 2 probably exceed all others. Currently AWR Nano is taped to dash of car so it probably qualifies...

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
I used my L2D-CE the most until I lost it, so then the usage was shifted to my G2. I just bought a JetBeam MKII IBS and found my L2D-CE. I can see the MKII IBS getting the most use in the future :)

Also on the way is a Fenix E01, I'm going to put it on my keychain when it gets here and I expect it getting a lot of use, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts