What flashlight do you use most often?

rmacias

Enlightened
wwglen said:
Was my two stage Q-III with a R123.

Now it is my Fenix L1P 2.5 with a two stage switch and a NiMH battery.

wwglen

Can you provide more details on 2-stage switch and NiMH battery please?

RJM

rikvee

Enlightened
1AA MiniMag, 14500 batt, 1W Luxeon, F04 beamshaper:

Easy one hand operation, nice shape; choice of colors, spare parts plentiful and cheap, choice of sandwiches and a superior lanyard attachment.
It's always round my neck, gets used 5-50 times a day!

Nomad

Enlightened
My AA mini-mag with the nite-eyez LED modification. I guess I'm just a newbie, plus it's also the one I have on me generally (belt sheath is good for work). Soon I'll be souping up some of these little bad boys though! :-D

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many people actually read what everyone writes in these types of threads? :)

For those that do, I use my CNC-123 w/ TYOH POP2 sandwich. Bright high mode, decent low and strobe (for kicks) plus there's always a spare R123 on the charger so I don't worry about wasting batteries all the time. EDS? Don't need one, this one does pretty much the same thing and it looks better (IMHO).

Jon

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me it would be a UWOKed Q3 DD with a rechargeable/mineral crystal lens/IMS 20mm reflector/2 stage switch.

rikvee

Enlightened
StoneDog said:
How many people actually read what everyone writes in these types of threads? :)
Jon

this is a fast-moving thread, but I read the whole thing, may buy some River Rock 2AAA as presents since so many people like 'em.....

wallyrulz

Enlightened
Today my most used light was a perfect black Lioncub #56. :)
Thanks Rick!

Definetely my most used light is my Lionheart. I have carried it everyday since it arrived in December last year. It lit up a deer I field dressed, helped while I changed idler pulley on my truck and lit up more computers than I can count.

I am pretty sure that the nano will get most used status when it arrives, but the lionheart will still be there at the ready.

Radio

Modulated Moderator
I do, as a novice I am soaking this place up like a sponge, I am reading stuff I Don't even understand, but I am learning very quickly, a lot of it is just the names and abreviations, like learning a new language. I guess I am still in that phase of awe and amazement, might as well enjoy it while it lasts :)

StoneDog said:

For those that do, I use my CNC-123 w/ TYOH POP2 sandwich. Bright high mode, decent low and strobe (for kicks) plus there's always a spare R123 on the charger so I don't worry about wasting batteries all the time. EDS? Don't need one, this one does pretty much the same thing and it looks better (IMHO).

Jon

dale465

Newly Enlightened
Indoors - Streamlight propoly 4AA 7 led
Outdoors - Streamight propoly lux 4AA and sometimes Tec 40

WhiteHot

Enlightened
Out of the 100's of dollars of lights I own, I use my Photon Freedom the most. It almost too convenient. I am looking to get a small CR2 light soon though.

fasteddie

Enlightened
The car has a U2, the house and the camping backpack share an HDS U60, and the keychain has a Jets22 Silverbird CR2 with tritium. When I need throw, I reach for my SF M4 with the LOLA and sw02. Retired to the hall of fame recently are my ARC LS's, ARC AAA le, SF M6. MIA is my recently stolen A2, which has been replaced by a U2.

Last edited:

jollytoker420

Newly Enlightened
I primarily use my Costco HID,

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously, it was a stock QIII on RCR123. Now it is my Fenix L1P,
I will be ordering a U2 on monday to use with 18650's.
Sweet.

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
A white photon III since it is always in my pocket, or an Inova X0 since it is slipped into the second pouch of a double magazine pouch or now that is is cold the breast pocket of my leather jacket and a Gerber Multipliers rests in the second pouch.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I tried to read all of it. I have several of the top rated lights like ARC AAA, RR 2AAA etc.

But my number one most used light is my EDC Minim*g with a Lambda LUXIII pill.
Second place would be RR 2AAA Headlamp as I read in bed a lot.
Third is Inova Radiant 2AAA, as it's in easy reach over my head in the truck.

I might pick up any of 100 lights around the house, but do get specific when I have a particular task at hand...

Nubo

Enlightened
Not sure if these qualify as "flashlights" other than being portable and battery-powered...

In order of hours run...

1 - Black Diamond "Moonlight" headlamp. I use it on low to read in bed without disturbing my wife. In addition it's a wonderfully useful light for any number of things around the house. You don't realize the joy of hands-free light until you use one. Gobs and gobs of runtime.

2 - Light & Motion "Arc" bicycle headlight. 10 watts of HID power and a runtime of 3 hours that I sometimes use the better portion of during winter season bike commutes. Nothing like it for getting the attention of motorists and being seen.

3 - Eternalight "elite max" - nice assortment of brightness levels, choice of regulation, brightness memory, etc. Great for getting out of bed when it's still dark because you can have it turn on directly in low-brightness mode -- no wincing and enough light to navigate with. I'll use the light to do my morning routines for the first 5 to 10 minutes, varying brightness as required. It's just feels a lot more natural and less stressful to "wake up" in this manner than the shock of flipping on bright room lights.

4 - Garrity 4-AA rubberized flashlight. I run it on NiMh rechargeables and substitute a 3-cell bulb. Nice and bright and the large reflector gives a very nice throw.