What flashlight does Dirk Pitt use in Sahara?

Size15's

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif
What flashlight does Dirk Pitt use in Sahara?
...when he's looking at the cave paintings...

Thanks!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thanks.gif

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first saw the commercial I thought that it looked like a MaxaBeam beam pattern (that's my auto-pilot setting I guess /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif ), but I saw it again and now I have no clue. Sorry for the pointless post.

Archvile

Newly Enlightened
Judging from the anti-roll bezel and the size and color(black) of the light, I'd have to say Surefire 6P also. It's funny, since I've become familiar with flashlights in general I automatically notice these things when watching a tv show or movie. On a related note, I have an Indiana Jones jacket I ordered from England and now I find myself checking out every leather jacket I pass on the street. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Cornkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I had a similar thought when seeing the movie. I didnt like it though... it was a bit tooo unrealistic. And the humor... it was Sad!

-tom

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dirk Pitt was in Sahara!?!?!?
I must have missed him when I was looking at Matthew McConaughey's bad acting.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick2.gif

Why, oh why can't they make a decent Clive Cussler movie?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Archvile

Newly Enlightened
What were you expecting, Indiana Jones? I kind of liked the movie. It's better than most of the tripe that Follywood produces. Now here's hoping Land of the Dead is good.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
All these comparisons to Indiana Jones only prove how bad the movie really was (as a Dirk Pitt movie).
As an action/adventure movie it was acceptable.
As a clive Cussler/Dirk Pitt move it was abysmal.
Read any Dirk Pitt novel and the name Indiana Jones will never even enter your mind.
If the name Matthew McConaughey enters your mind you should immediately drive to the nearest hospital and check yourself in for observation.

DimBeam

Enlightened
Matthew McConaughey ranks up there with that other great thespian of our time.....Steven Seagal.

Size15's

Flashaholic
This isn't a thread about the movie!

I'm glad I visited Morocco and saw some of the fantastic scenery first hand (not that I see with my hands).

Come on! Concentrate on the flashlights!!!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

bhds

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
DimBeam said:
Matthew McConaughey ranks up there with that other great thespian of our time.....Steven Seagal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Whoa! No need to get nasty /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

Actually I was kind of surprised. It was not nearly as bad as a lot of reviewers made it out to be. In fact I kind of liked it. Unrealistic? Yes, but not any worse than Indiana Jones or National Treasure which are 2 movies it seems to get compared to a lot. Great acting? No. Horrible acting? No.
Anyone out there that didnt like the movie but liked Con Air, National Treasure, The Rock, Independence Day. Come on, fess up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Con Air and the The Rock are great movies!

Sahara was light entertainment (with popcorn).
National Treasure was okay.
Independence Day was Hollywood at it's best/worst.

How about we have only to discuss movies that have flashlights in them.

The Rock had SureFires.

What about National Treasure and the others?

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
You guys saw the actual light??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Maybe I saw a different commercial because all I saw was the beam on a wall.