What flashlight for ....see in thread.... ?

ChristophW

Newly Enlightened
Hello folks

my name is christoph and i'm from germany. My english is really bad, but i hope you can understand me.

What flashlight for going out with dog at night? I look for a fl (flashlight) in LED with a good beam to 20m. Very bright at near, so the whole way is like daylight :grin2:. The fl should not be larger than 10cm , because the handeling.
Best whith recharchable akku/batteries.

I have a gladius and this one is really bright, but for going with dog, its too much. I take it with me every night, but for the most time of the way i took my NUWAI with Hybrid (3LED or 6LED or Xenon with two 123bateries). This is up to 10cm long and good bright but only to 5m with LED. Xenon is too much for doggy walking at night. The thing is, that i dont want to buy everytime the expensiv 123bateries.
So i look for a fl with recharchable ones.
I prefer some of this (because i would buy this ones so or so in some time)

my wishlist:

Nuwai: TM303X Quantom or TM30X 3 or TM115X or TM116X
LEDWAVE: PDL-1 or X-33 or X-55 or X-66
Surefire: E1e or E2e (both with KL4-HA-WH 5 Watt)
C2 Centurion perhaps with KL5-HA-WH 5 Watt and
recharchable set

The extra heads for the surefire are only bonus, because i need no batteries and recharge this ones.

And now i hope of some of your ideas. :naughty:

Puhh, my first time in an english forum, so i hope you could understand, because of my grammar is really bad i know

kumar762

Banned
for your first time in an english forum you did good,and welcome to CPF!:grin2:

for your activities I would go with the E2e or E1e KL4 combo,Or you could also try surefires L2 digital?I carried one everyday before I recieved my kroma and it seems like it's exactly what you would want.throws ,good awesome spill,and dual level output.

ChristophW

Newly Enlightened
ok, here a little bit more info.

Everyday at night between 10 to 20 minutes one walk.
So with the Nuwai - Lamp on 6LED the batteries go for round about 3 Month (every day for 10 - 20 min).
With the gladius at full power maximum the batteries go for one week. That means with the gladius at full power 52 weeks in year, each week new batteries 2 x 123a bats for 2€. That are ca. 104€ for one year. Ok i never go with dog with the gladius in full power. Max 50%, so every two or three weeks new batteries. Also not so cheap.
The only (yes in my opinion only problem) problem with the gladius is the thing, that akkus not work 100%. I think the problem is popular (is this right?) or known (this better?).
I hope that Blackhawk/Night-Ops will work on this problem.

With the Surefire E1e or the E2e with the big LED-head and Akku-Replacement i have full power for one week. Thats ok, because i can recharge the batteries. But whats about the beam of this flashlight. Can i focus it? Most time i need much light near the way and only sometimes for far away.

Generelly much thanx for your help and give me time for learning better engl.:grin2:

dsl

Newly Enlightened
concider a streamlight stinger it is what i use for my nightly walks. It has lasted over 2 years I drop it on the charger every other night. The output is great for close and far work.

cloud

Newly Enlightened
ChristophW.. your english is good... well better than my german!:lolsign:

welcome to CPF

I am sorry I dont have any experience with the flashlights you are suggesting in your post.Perhaps other members will be able to offer user experiences.

All I can suggest is you take a look at the fenix line of flashlights, ( fenix-store.com) perhaps the L2T (2AA-size) Quite bright, regulated output, runs on AA & ni-mh rechargables.. My choice if I had dog walking to do. & it reasonably priced $44.95 with free shipping. perhaps thats within your price range you dont say.

Do a search here on CPF, there are quite a number of posts on the topic of fenix.

regards

Last edited:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix L2T, or
Fenix L2P (with head mod)
both 14 cm, 2 pieces AA batts

Fenix L1T with rechargeable 14500 Li-Ion batt: 9.2 cm

weitere Info gerne auch per PM

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
just noticed Your 2nd post (hmm, why not earlier?)

forget about lights with focuseable beams, they are nothing than a placebo and not good at any output.
Good lights offer some kind of medium broad beam with some sidespill, throwers quite a narrow one.
(on the long run You will learn, that throwers might are something nice, but only suitable on very special occasions. Most of the time noone really needs them)

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the surefire l2 or u2 would be perfect... they have great runtime on lower levels and when you need A LOT of light, just turn up the output.

-David