What flashlights have you lost?

Kitchen Panda

Enlightened
I used to have a Pelican 1900 that was my EDC for many years at work - only 11 lumens, but it was the '90s and we didn't know what was coming in keychain lights. It was invaluable for dark corners in the plant or reading nameplates in poor condition. It was somewhere in the house when I moved out...and may still be there. I'd even had it replaced on their warranty when the clip broke, swearing that it had been exposed neither to bears nor 4-year-olds.

I brought my AAA Maglite with me when a friend and I were driving for Operation Red Nose (this is a local project every New Year's that provides drivers to get people home after they've been out celebrating) - we didn't finish our last run till 6 AM and I was too tired to keep track of the light. Happy ending, though...I was visiting that friend a few months later and found my beloved green mini-Mag on her kitchen island! Still have it, 20 years later.

I went camping in my brother-in-law's travel trailer one time, and on the morning we were packing up he couldn't find his Quark 2AA. We literally turned everything in the trailer upside down looking for it. I helpfully shone *my* Quark 2AA about while looking for his light...and put my hand in my pocket and found I was dual-wielding. I'd picked up his light by accident that morning...all black tubes look alike. We can laugh at this...now.

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Fun topic to necro!

I personally have lost two:
  • First was my treasured Convoy M1. One day I went to the mart near home and while inside, the lack of bulk on my pocket bugged me. The M1 was missing! I went to Customer Support, searched high and low on the parking lot, even gave the store a call the following day. Nothing. It stung hard for a few reasons: a) it was a gift from my father; b) it was my first proper warm white light; and c) it was my only Convoy with Biscotti, and no way was I going back to the atrocious 3/5 :sick: Then three months later, as I was going out, I reached up to the glasses holder on top of the driver-side door and there was something in there already. Guess what it was. I'd put it there for safekeeping because I didn't trust the pockets on the pants I was wearing that day of the mart (they were very open and prone to things falling out) and that was completely scrubbed out of my memory! :ohgeez: I've been way more mindful of where I put my lights since then.
  • Second was a Thrunite T10, the old 2015 model that looked kind of like an oversized pistol round with the stainless steel bezel. I left it in the bathroom at work one day, on top of the paper towel rack, and it completely disappeared in the span of some 10 minutes. I'm dead convinced that it was stolen, but by who, I don't know (though I have my suspicions). Only reason I didn't raise one heck of a stink was because I didn't care for or about that light: the XP-L was firmly above the BBL (marketed as "neutral white", meaning a nasty yellow tint with a not-so-slight hint of green), the mode distribution combined with the beam pattern was awful (low was too low and high was too high), the switch was mushy and it did not fit my hand at all. So it was 'whatever'. Did keep a much closer eye out for the suspected thief, on the other hand, until the day he was relocated to another place :cautious:

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CooYo peanut light, with a housekey attached, during Hurricane Irma. It fell out of my pocket while I was clearing branches downstairs, from in front of my neighbor's patio.

Never did find them.

Chris

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
...Thrunite T10...I left it in the bathroom at work one day, on top of the paper towel rack, and it completely disappeared in the span of some 10 minutes.
Same thing happened to my friend who left his Clicky sitting on the counter at work, with lots of customers milling around. Rang up a sale and realized his light was gone.
Came and handed me some money two days later with instructions to get him another one!

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Things you lay down typically get legs. One of my old Surefire E2e-HA's is currently missing. I can't figure out what happened or where it might be. I did lose an E2-BK one time many years ago, only to find it at the end of the winter sticking out of some ice by the driveway. Obviously it had flipped out of my pocket when I got out of the car one day.

Sabrewulf

Newly Enlightened
Prometheus alpha and Prometheus delta (stolen by either the cops or towing company).
Bad luck I guess.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lost a Fivemega 18350 E-head body attached to a Surefire KL1 bezel, which could handle either 1 or 2 CR123a cells, depending on what you screwed it onto. I had it in the outer pocket of a leather jacket, with a wool beret smushed down on top of it, to keep it in there. I must have flipped it out sometime when I pulled the beret out.

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish I could remember the brand, but around 2005 I had the govt. version of a single-AA twisty flashlight that was popular on CPF back then. Really nice green HA finish. I never went anywhere with it but it disappeared off the face of the earth a couple years later.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
sizes_S.jpg

The Ultra-G variant available from CountyComm is probably one of best available.
Sounds like the CountyComm version of the CMG Infinity Ultra.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
Imagine the irony, you lose your flashlight in the dark, and you can't find your flashlight because you don't have your flashlight.