What goes where?

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few Levi's left , most wranglers [emoji16] but I do have some 511s that are really nice .
On the 511s does the logo stick out like a sore thumb? The problem I have with them is I carry a gun all day every day no matter where I go. When I spot someone wearing 511 I automatically start to look for their gun and normally spot it. So it kinda defeats the concept on CCW

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right front: knife (clipped), keys (clipped)*, pen, sharpie, spoon, spare battery capsule

Left front: phone, flashlight (clipped)**

Right rear: leather slip sheath with Victorinox Pioneer and AAA backup light held side by side

Left rear: wallet

* Unless I'm riding, then the keys go in pocket of motorcycle jacket
** Unless I'm wearing pants with 5th pocket, then flashlight goes there instead

If I have cause to I'll carry a multitool in a belt pouch or a small sheath knife but those don't happen very often, especially not in the current climate. Never carried a gun and I have no intention of changing that.

scout24

Flashaholic
Clipped to left front pocket, flashlight. Clipped to right front, knife. Wallet goes in right front, phone goes in left front. Appendix carry right side personal peacekeeping device. Coin pocket on right side, refill for appendix carried device and a mini bic lighter. The only deviation to this is when I pocket carry peacekeeping device in right front pocket. Then waller goes right rear, knife goes into left front in a pocket slip with mini bic lighter. (I don't smoke.) The above depends on type of pants, jeans or cargo shorts/ cargo pants. And how baggy a shirt I can get away with. 95% of the time, casual.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the 511s does the logo stick out like a sore thumb? The problem I have with them is I carry a gun all day every day no matter where I go. When I spot someone wearing 511 I automatically start to look for their gun and normally spot it. So it kinda defeats the concept on CCW

It only has the 511 crosshairs on one of the pockets. It ain't to bad but noticeable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
It only has the 511 crosshairs on one of the pockets. It ain't to bad but noticeable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That's doable, you ever see the branding on their shoes?

The Hawk

Enlightened
Right front pocket: Kershaw assisted opening knife. Lumintop AAA flashlight with extra battery
Left front pocket: Cold Steel AK-47 Knife. Fenix E05 AAA flashlight with extra battery
Left rear pocket: Wallet with rubber band wrapped around it for safe keeping.
Right rear pocket: Cell phone.
Right side: 40 caliber Glock at 3:00 o'clock position.
Left side: extra mag for Glock at 9 o'clock position
All are covered with loose fitting shirt untucked

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems like a lot of edc knife carriers, I assume righthand dominant, carry their knife in their right front pocket, and some of them carry their light in their right back pocket.

I have snapped flashlight head threads carrying a light in my right back pocket, you know, when sitting down or shifting in a seat. This has never occurred to a light carried in my right front pocket.

Knives don't have threads to snap. If a knife is damaged or breaks from being carried in a back pocket, I really think it's for the best.

Last edited:

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd call that a good revive. Since I mostly wear suits (except in high summer), I have plenty of pockets in my jacket to store various stuff. Suit jackets/blazers have two front & one breast pocket, neither is traditionally used (except for a pocket square). On the inside you have one large main pocket on either side, as well as various smaller pockets meant for keys, pens, lighters etc. Two deep front slacks pockets (usually left empty) & to back ones (never used).

Wallet always goes into the left, phone into the right inside pocket. Light is clipped into the right pocket also. Pen is clipped to my shirt pocket. Key-pouch goes into either the front right jacket pocket or a inside pocket if available. These days I carry mostly traditional lock back or slip joint knives. I drop them into one of the inside pockets. If the jacket has a dedicated pen pocket, I like to carry a traditional German hunting fixed blade (Nicker) in that (scabbard down). Useful as a eating knife but also for potential defense, as its very easy & quick to access. If I know I'll need a mask I'll carry that in my right slacks pocket.

If you ever asked yourself (I know, you didn't) why some older folks carry their keys in pouches, its probably because they're used to it from back in the day (when everyone wore suits). You cant simply drop your keychain into your suits pockets, as it would destroy the inner lining. So you put them into a pouch and carry that. These additional small pockets I mentioned are also the reason pocket knives didn't have a clip for so long (first clipped pens were invented in the early 20th century), they simply weren't necessary until suits fell out of fashion for everyday wear & everyone started to wear jeans.

In Germany we cant carry, but If I could Id probably go with a custom shoulder rig and a DA/SA 5 shooter in .357.

& that's more then you probably ever wanted to know about me (or suits).

jz6342

Newly Enlightened
This is going to be fairly general as my stuff changes frequently:
Right front: wallet, SAK, Fisher Space Pen, 3-4" folder clipped on the side
Right rear: usually nothing
Left rear: handkerchief, spare magazine (off duty)
Left front: flashlight
IWB 4 o'clock - Glock 26 or Kahr CM9
IWB 1 o'clock - Gerber Crucial Black

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
While working armed, I always carried the weapon on the right and the light on the left. It's carried the same way to this day…we banter in the right front B.O.S.S. in the left. Or Leatherman in a holster on the right and m361n malkoff on the left. Or squirt on a keychain clipped to the first right belt loop, and Xeno 14500 light on the left. Keeping it the same, yet different, keeps me from thinking too much but the changes in equipment keeps me from being bored