What happened to Klarus?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw somebody asking Klarus the same question on CPF marketplace but I don't think they ever replied. I'm sure eventually they will but judging by the rate Klarus are upgrading their existing lights, I'd expect other manufacturers will be about to release MTG-G3 flashlights before they upgrade to MT-G2!

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I saw somebody asking Klarus the same question on CPF marketplace but I don't think they ever replied. I'm sure eventually they will but judging by the rate Klarus are upgrading their existing lights, I'd expect other manufacturers will be about to release MTG-G3 flashlights before they upgrade to MT-G2!

LOL

That would not surprise me in the least.

Its faster to send them to Vinh and have him rewire them to drive the MTG2 or 3, etc, and be done with the waits.

:D

lionken07

Newly Enlightened
I received my Mi1A from Goinggear, and it works flawlessly. What kind of problem is there?

I'm not sure. All I know is Goinggear was told by Klarus that there is an issue with the Mi1A batch. A new batch will be send out to customers.

Last edited:

mikeyx

Enlightened
One of my favorite lights is the ST2C. Slim 18650 that's built like a tank, nice side switch interface, really bright but has a low, low mode and a beautiful beam. Bought it to replace my Fenix PD32UE and never looked back.

Mike

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
Looks like GG has 10 of the Mi1A Ti in now. I mean 9, as I just ordered one.

B.

Bill S.

Newly Enlightened
I just called GG. They have not received the new batch yet so mine will be shipped when they arrive.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cloning: The Terralux TT-5 and Klarus XT11 look almost identical to each other. Both have dual tailswitches.

decooney

Newly Enlightened
Labrador72,
The whole Innovation vs. Quality topic is an interesting one. Although Klarus does seem to be a tad slower and more conservative with their releases of new lights, I must say I appreciate it very much so after dealing the past two weeks with a debacle with another major well known light manufacturer/dealers sending lights back and forth just to get the right product in the right box with the right parts installed on the flashlights ordered. It's always a shame to see a great product get messed up for dealers or consumers on the marketing or distribution side.

I will say I've not experienced these kind of issues with any of my Klarus orders or lights. From what I've experienced, what you order is what you get in the box as advertised from Klarus.

Last edited:

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
what you order is what you get in the box as advertised from Klarus.

their lumens claims are way off the mark from my experience.

but once you got a Klarus, they feel nice and high-quality and the actual lumens numbers don't matter anymore :)

decooney

Newly Enlightened
their lumens claims are way off the mark from my experience.

but once you got a Klarus, they feel nice and high-quality and the actual lumens numbers don't matter anymore :)

I just ordered my second and newer version XT11 XM-L2 version with 820 lumens. Before doing so, looking at all the recent comparable tests and beam shots I could find so far, it seems to be highly regarded specifically for it's output and smooth beam. I'm definitely going to compare it with my other single 18650 lights to see how it stacks up. In any case, the quality of the beam produced by the former L1 and current L2 XT11 seems to be more usable than some of my other hotter lights.

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually only 725 lumens:

1. Cree XM-L2 U2 LED with a lifespan of up to 50,000 hours
2. Three lighting modes and 1 flashing mode:
a) Lighting modes: 725 ANSI lumens (1.8 hrs)
b) 165 lumens (7.3 hrs)
c) 4 lumens (170 hrs)

Runtime at 1.8 hours is obviously from the 580 lumens version - for the 780 one it must be less!

Tyler A

Newly Enlightened
I have a klarus xt30 and it is one of my favorite lights. I have carried it in my patrol car for about 8 months now with no problems at all.