What Happened to Zebralight R&D?

KITROBASKIN

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Lumintop FW1A is 11% lighter than Zebra SC600

what do you think of the output?
SC64c LE is 38 grams. FW1A is ~57g. Difference of 19g, or FW1A is 50% heavier than SC64. Wife and I use a headstrap in order to occasionally put it on our heads when we need hands free. The difference is felt on the head; not the end of the world but the lighter weight is preferred.

The COVID 19 disruption continues in ways we may not be aware, including supply and transport warping. Wondering if this is a factor on (relatively small operation) Zebralight, including possible new models:

https://apnews.com/article/coronavi...fornia-china-9f2e0810bb4a9638d79d5898afd5b7af

M

MX421

Enlightened
From what i understand, while Zebralight designs its lights here in the United States, they are primarily made in China. I'm sure the formation of new lights requires travelling back and forth btween the two countries and the china virus kinda shut that down. That would also explain why they are out of the lights that they have already released. Before the wuhon virus, Zebralight was at the cutting edge of flashlight technology at least from my perspective. Most of their lights were high CRI and on the high end of lumen instensity for those high CRI lights. They added more flexibilty to their UI that made the light cstomizable to whatever the consumer prefers. Quite frankly, even with this lull in Zebralight models coming out, the other flashlight manufacturers still haven't caught up. My opinion of course.

Derek Dean

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
MX421, I agree completely, and don't forget one of the most amazing design features of their lights, the incredible efficiency of their drivers. Many other manufactures tout how their lights can offer days, and maybe even weeks, of output when run at lower levels, while Zebralights offers MONTHS of incredibly stable and extremely low level output that as far as I can tell is unmatched in the industry.