What is the best HID flash light for me?

Hamish

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,<br><br>For starters I have done a heap of googling, looked at a lot of lights, watched heaps of reviews but cant quite find the info and advice I am after. <br><br>I am after a flash light for spotting animals at night. I do a little spotlighting with a 100w halogen but battery life is terrible. My experience has tort me that one of the main criteria for an effective spotting light is a tight beam with as little spill as possible. The more spill you have the more ground that is lit and therefore the more likely the animal will just run off.<br><br>So... I am after a HID 12v 35w+ flash light with a fixed or focusable beam down to 4 degrees or less and as little spill as possible. Looking at spending around $200 for the right light.<br><br>What is the light for me?<br><br>Thanks for your help.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Are you aware how HEAVY those things are? A weight in a review does not register until you actually picked one up.
p1000031resizeji1named.jpg

Tebore complained of a sore back for a week after this picture was taken.

Make sure you do NOT get one that uses Sealed Lead Acid batteries. They are the heavy ones.
Read up on the procedures on safe handling of lithium batteries before you buy a lithium powered one.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Using-Li-ion-cells-in-LED-flashlights-safely

PS
What is with the <br> <br> &nbsp &nbsp?

51coronet

Newly Enlightened
you can get one that is about the size of a maglite for 100 to 150 U.S. dollars shipped. Check ebay and aliexpress. Just type in 35w HID if that is the watt range you are set on. There are others that are higher wattage and the size of them just get bigger/longer and heavier.

P.S. next time you post please avoid all the extra <br> and so on. That was hard to read.

Hamish

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about the <br> <br> , , those were suposed to be "and" and spaces.

I have found torches that look ok but most spill way to much light and do not have enough throw, beams are to wide and this will not do for my application.

Does anyone know where I could get a focusable beam (or fixed 4 degree beam) 35w HID flashlight?

Cheers.

HIDC

Banned
When searching for an HID flashlight, be sure to find one that at least uses "standard" removable 11.1v battery packs. There are some cheapies out there that build the battery into the body which means once the battery is dead, replacement is very difficult.