What is the best replacement bulb for an A2?

Brian321

Enlightened
What is the best, brightest replacement bulb for a SF A2? From what i hear there are a several replacements. My bulb is still good but i would like a little brighter maybe and to have a few back ups around. Thanks.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Lumens Factory makes a few replacements but I have no direct experience but you may want to do a search on the "A2 tune up" thread in the search function and that thread will probably point you in the right direction.

computernut

Enlightened
I have used all 3 (MA02, HO-A2, Strion) and I like the Strion the most. The MA02 and HO-A2 seem to put out the same amount of light but the HO-A2 puts more of it into the hotspot and throws it a bit further. The Strion has a very bright hotspot but puts a bit more into the spill and seems to be generating more light. I think the lack of frosting on the Strion bulb contributes a bit to the different beam. I found one downside to the HO-A2 and Strion lamps is that primaries have a hard time keeping up when it's cold out (around 0C) and I get the low-incan mode after 15-20 minutes but I'll get the rest of the power out of it when they get warm again. I never noticed this with the stock MA02.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
when I get that right, the A2 has some driver? And runs from 2*CR123.
Does the driver get voltage down?

Because I have a few lights (Scorpion 18650 and such) who run on strion bulb in direct drive, how about the 2*CR123 A2?
:thinking:

Latest posts