What is the brightest, lightest, and the most compact searchlight I can get?

Newly Enlightened
This is my first time buying a flashlight and I don't want to be disappointed. I am choosing to buy the Notecore EC4 and Nitecore EA41 and the Olight M3X-Ut lights and I don't know which one is the best. Can anyone post a compare beamshot or give me a advice of which one to buy that would be great. Thanks

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would love to see some beam shots of the a Notecore too. Must be that new Samsung light. hehehehe

Need a tad more info there homey. Is money a issue? Battery types?? Shipping a issue?? Have you lookie at ArmyTek yet?

Welcomez to the forumz.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
This is my first time buying a flashlight and I don't want to be disappointed. I am choosing to buy the Notecore EC4 and Nitecore EA41 and the Olight M3X-Ut lights and I don't know which one is the best. Can anyone post a compare beamshot or give me a advice of which one to buy that would be great. Thanks

You'd need to narrow your specs down a bit...as brightest will not be the most compact typically, and, will also depend on if you mean brightest as in shines the farthest, or, brightest as in produces more lumens....

The lighter the light, the less thermal handling ability...which in turn limits the output TIME if not total lumens.

A larger HEAD can throw FARTHER, but is less COMPACT.

And so on and so forth.

IE: Its like saying you want the smallest fastest vehicle that can carry the most cargo...and we have no way of knowing if you mean fast like quick, or fast like top speed, and if a fast tractor trailer would be a good choice, because it can have a high top speed and more cargo, or if you would really prefer a station wagon, etc.

For a light, its better to say what your limiting factors are. For example, for a light no heavier than X and no longer than Y and no wider than Z, what throws the furthest, or produces the most lumens...IF size is more limiting that output.

IF output is most important, than you can say what's the smallest light that produces at least X lumens or throws Y meters...and so forth.

:D

And NONE of the lights you mentioned would beat the competition, depending upon the variables you didn't describe yet.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your searching in a forest you might want more of a flood light. If your searching on a boat, you might want one that has a narrow beam with more throw.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
If your searching in a forest you might want more of a flood light. If your searching on a boat, you might want one that has a narrow beam with more throw.

LOL

Well, no, if searching from a boat, you want a flood that throws a mile...its just hard to get one that can do that...so you have to decide if what you're looking for is going to be close enough to use a flood, or far enough away that you need a spot, etc.

If searching in a forest, you might want a tight beam to glare less when shining through leaves/branches, or a flood if the areas are more open and glare is less of a concern. At closer ranges, too bright kills night vision...and, that can be important depending on the terrain too.

zehnmm

Enlightened
When I lived in New Mexico, I was a search and rescue volunteer. FYI, I carried at least two flashlights. One that I carried was the Sunwayman V20c --- http://goinggear.com/sunwayman-v20c-2-x-cr123-438-lumens-led-flashlight-8083.html.

Brightest light around? No. Lots of throw? Not really. Great flood? No. But, considering the weight and a holster to carry it in, it served as a general purpose light for my purposes. This is just one example out of many. Now, of course, there are other lights that are better, lighter, brighter, and so forth. As a matter of fact, Sunwayman has the V25c, http://goinggear.com/sunwayman-v25c...variable-magnetic-control-led-flashlight.html, that is a variation on the V20c.

Another light that I carried on several missions: http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-tn31-xm-l2/ The Trunite TN31 weighs over 450 grams and runs off of three 18650s. Great throw, rotating control ring, similar to the SWM V20c. Since I did not have a whole lot of money to afford other lights with more throw, more lumens, etc., this was a reasonable choice for me. After about 3 miles of hiking and carrying this thing, I can say, it is a lot of weight to haul.

These are just some experiences to ponder as you make your choices. Best of luck!