What is the longest you have carried the same EDC light?

blutarsky

Newly Enlightened
I've carried a Fenix P1D everywhere, every day for over a decade. It's attached to a Leatherman Squirt
and I've used the two a lot. I finally replaced (but not retired) the P1D last week. I chose a Fenix E15 over the E16 because, of the two, I prefer the UI, brightness levels, and runtimes of the E15 over the E16 (have both). The P1D is a tank and it'll probably go for another decade.

Last edited:

tgo

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore MT1a for about 5 years, just swapped it out for a lumintop tool AA ver 2.0 as it has 5x the lumens in a smaller package on 14500's

Though if I could have run 14500's on an updated MT1A I would have, tank like build quality.

Sambob

Newly Enlightened
Carried a Maglite 3 D-cell for 15 years til the third time a battery leaked In It then I gutted It and through all the aluminum into the recycle bin and bought a 4 d-cell model, did that before I found this forum.
Been carrying a Thru-nite T30s as my EDC for the last 6 years.

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
This Draco has given me 15 years of service. I thought it died but it was a bad battery and it running fine again. I'm still perfectly happy with it.

USK2fEIl6EgAEPEQmuCfnuAQ1KPUjYF88uI=w1845-h1657-no.jpg

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thrunite TiS (stainless steel) since 2015, pocket carry every day. Never had an issue, still looks the same.

andygold

Newly Enlightened
This may not be exactly what the OP was looking for, but I carried a Surefire 8x for 27 years, 5 days a week. I replaced it with a Jetbeam SR-26F about 2 years ago. For my pocket light, I've been EDC'ing an On The Road M3 for probably around 5 years now. Before that, I carried a Lummi RAW and Lummi WEE for a few years.

akula88

Enlightened
I've had the same Fenix LD01 on my keychain for at least 10 years. Anodizing has worn off on all raised/wear surfaces, the serial number is long gone, and it might finally be about time to change the O-ring ... but it still works without complaint.

Also carried a Fenix... an L0D with my main keys since around late 2010's. Wear on the light is evident. For almost 10 years. :) Before the Fenix, it was an Green Inova Microlight with my car keys.

L0D was replaced mid-last year with another AAA light - Jetbeam-U, while I moved it to a secondary keychain.

HxjxoD0.jpg

Tac Gunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been 2 or 3 years now since I have been active on the forums and randomly decided to log in and get back to browsing. I saw this old thread in my profile and thought I would update it.

Still carrying the same Olight H1 and I carried the LD12 2017 until May of last year when I switched to the Fenix LD30 which is still my current light. The LD12 2017 now resides in backup status. I also have been carrying a Fenix E03R since its release and really like it.

Attachments

• 20210903_155028-01.jpeg
    20210903_155028-01.jpeg
    524.4 KB · Views: 45

bykfixer

Flashaholic
My PKDL PR-1 has been carried on my person the longest. Go where I go was the incan minimag that is now a shelf queen.

How long? Eh, about 3-1/2 years for the PR-1. The minimag, let's see…1991-ish to oh about 2014……23 years give or take.
D50A4BE5-CC68-49F6-90C5-43C32C2FC0F4.jpeg

Still alive and well.
6+ years of daily carry and counting.

Last edited:

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 12 years. Fenix PD30 R4 (now) with Orbtronic 2500 mAh 16650 li-ion battery. Fits nicely next to my wallet in pocket. No side switches to accidentally turn on and tailcap locks out. Easy to loan out to people for quick tasks without giving them a user manual. I just tighten the head and when they turn it on, it comes on in turbo. Press again for off. I have a diffuser cap to use it as a lantern for camping. Took an earlier model, the P3D Q5 backpacking and it lasted me over a week on a set of batteries (2 123As). After Surefire sued everyone for their tailcap lockout feature, most lights were redesigned in ways that didn't work out that well (adding side switches to pocket lights, having lockouts featuring parasitic circuits, etc.). This light came out just before Fenix had to redesign all their lights.

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
The most I ever carried a single primary torch was back when the only thing I had was a Thrunite TN12. Now I rotate my main torches periodically and never carry one for more than, say, a week.

Now a secondary minilight (keychain size), I carried a Thrunite Ti3 (XP-G2 sold as "neutral white" but actually warm, <4000K) for 4 years, easily. No matter what my primary, the Ti3 was there, clipped to my shirt. I swapped it out for the Lumintop EDC01 because I like mode memory; the Ti3 now resides on my brother's keychain. He's a land surveyor and often goes to the countryside for jobs, so he could use a backup light as well.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like most here, I have 3 dozen smaller lights and I've rotated through them over the years; however, the most recent favorite is my EagleTac D25C Ti. clicky from 2014.

It's small, unobtrusive and gets the job done for this city slicker.

Chris

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I wore a Modamag Draco for probably at least a decade before finally putting them into semi-retirement when I got the copper Maus about 5 years ago.

I'd still be wearing the Draco if there had been a more modern UI available with better output balancing. That's my first Draco in my user picture there.

Been carrying a Ra/HDS Clicky/Rotary for about 10 years too, but now the same pair of Rotaries for probably 5 years.

Also carried a favorite customized V10R Ti for a couple of years, teamed up with an AlTiN Haiku. The V10R Ti still sees use around the house and not one I'll ever be able to get rid of.

Another that I use occasionally is the McGizmo LS20, and I shouldn't have even mentioned it in the context of 'most carried lights', but it's just so damn cool!