What is the Sapphire GS AAA Lumen output on 4.2V cell?

bigchelis

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just paid and ordered by first Sapphire AAA light. I have 4.2V AAA cells, 1.8V Lithium Primary AAA, and NiMH AAA cells.

Since I want to try the 4.2V cells What is the Sapphire GS AAA Lumen output on 4.2V cell?

All the lights I have to compare are the Peak Eigers which with 1xAAA, 2xAAA, and 4.2V Cell as you add more cells or voltage the lumens increase. Just curious what happens here.

Thanks,
bigchelis

scout24

scout24

Staff member
I believe they use a converter that supplies 25ma to the emitter regardless of where you are on the 1-5v imput scale... brightness should remain constant regardless.

bigchelis

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe they use a converter that supplies 25ma to the emitter regardless of where you are on the 1-5v imput scale... brightness should remain constant regardless.

Ok...that's what I assumed but thank you for confirming it.

Best,
bigC

bigchelis

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
bigC,

By the by, how do like the Sapphire so far? Do tell us a bit about how you use and carry this light.

I am going to order one soon!

Thank you,

NR

I emailed Don and once he confirmed the shipping cost I immediately paypal (today actually). So, hopefully I get it on Monday~Friday next week.

I only have my Peak Eiger copper mule to compare it to. My other lights are all 1000~5000 Lumens and all 1 mode since I prefer simplicity.

bigC

bigchelis

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the Sapphire today. I can see now why all the fuss is about. The threads are fantastic. I have a peak copper AAA and have had several AAA, AA, and CR123 twisties. The first thing with twisties is if you press the bezel down without spinning the bezel (right before it would normally turn on) all of them will light up or blink. This is the first light where I can not push it hard enough to light up without twisting the bezel. Testimony to what a machinist McGizmo is.

The lights 5Lumen is actually really good and usable light for 99% of my use. I still have 4~5K lumens Maglite beasts when more is needed. Heck, even got 1000 Lumen keychain lights. lol

Titanium EDC line up....The Sapphire has joined the Ti herd.