What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry? Pics :)

aris1234

Newly Enlightened
Keys are on another keyring

MbAWfZf.jpg

c-rum

Newly Enlightened
Been EDC'g an Olight S1 Baton, front left pocket carry.
Just received a Zebralight SC 63 a couple days ago, looking forward to trying it out.

FMKeith

Newly Enlightened
Been EDC'g an Olight S1 Baton, front left pocket carry.
Just received a Zebralight SC 63 a couple days ago, looking forward to trying it out.

The SC63 is my EDC. It replaced my EagleTac D25C that I carried for years. The SC63 is as good an EDC light as I could ever think of. You will love it.

mjpgolf1

Newly Enlightened
I've been on a pretty big Olight and Zebralight kick lately. Mostly been rotating between the Olight S10R II, and the Zebralight SC5. The SC5 has really impressed me since buying it last week. I picked up both the SC5 and an SC52 because I really like that size of light and these lights have blown me away. These are my first Zebralight flashlights and they have impressed me so far. I'm running a 14500 in the SC52 and an eneloop in the SC5 which really sort of evens the playing field between these two as far as output goes. I love how the SC52 is really built to run the 14500. Also the build quality on these Zebralights is just outstanding. I am a huge fan of Olight and they really do put out a very high quality light, but these Zebralights are just awesome. I have an Eagletac D25A coming in the mail tomorrow so I am excited to see how it stacks up to The SC52 when running a 14500. I've heard nothing but good things about the D25A so I can't wait to give it a try.

Warp

Enlightened
For the past...20 months I think...my EDC lights have been a ZebraLight SC62w left front pocket and a Thrunite Ti3 keychain.

I have been very happy with these lights. I gave up on the 'tactical' interface for my pocket light in order to get the much smaller/shorter ZL and I love the UI for general use. I also love the low-low. And the size! Plus tailcap lockout to avoid pocket AD's.

And the Ti3 is an incredible performer for a $20 tiny 1xAAA light. I keep an energizer lithium primary in it for the best weight, performance, and shelf life since the idea is not to actually use that one...it's considered a backup in case somehow some way the primary falls out of my pocket or gets dropped or lost or quits or whatever

2ia35sy.jpg

Last edited:

tops2

Enlightened
I'm now (most of the time) back to my Olight S1 as daily pocket EDC. Perfect size and weight and output still. Even compared to the smaller 18650 light I got, the S1 is just so small and light and I just love the feel of this light after these few months.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm now (most of the time) back to my Olight S1 as daily pocket EDC. Perfect size and weight and output still. Even compared to the smaller 18650 light I got, the S1 is just so small and light and I just love the feel of this light after these few months.

Same with my D25C Ti. clicky and V11R. I don't need to find Bessie out in some pasture, 200 yds away and both of the above are sufficient for 97% of my daily needs.

Smaller lights leave room for other items.

Chris

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been carrying this High CRI 3000k XPG Maratac with an LMH ReyLight Driver, for over a year now.
IMG_3501.JPG

I like the XPG Maratac configuration so much, I recently got another one, this time with stock Maratac MLH driver:
IMG_3567.JPG

I'm enjoying carrying a light that starts on Medium.

for reference left to right, here is an LMH ReyLight w Nichia, MLH Maratac w XPG, and LMH ReyLight driver w XPG, all lights on Low
IMG_3658.JPG

as you can see the MLH Maratac driver in the middle, has the brightest Low even with an XPG
I like the brighter Low with the Maratac driver. The XPG is still my favorite evening EDC.
IMG_3664.JPG

Today I'm carrying the middle one, with MLH XPG. Note the bobbed and reversed clip, for antiroll, tailstanding, and hat use.

the Nichia LMH ReyTool lives in my car. The XPG LMH "ReyTac" with the lower low does nightstand duty.

Last edited:

tex.proud

Enlightened
Very very nice set up Tex, I know early days yet but how are you finding the hi cri tank?

I've only used it at work for a week. I already love neutral tint lights. This thing is quickly becoming my favorite! It's a tank! With a light touch it feels smooth. With normal grip pressure, it sticks to your hand. Even with the sweat that the Texas summer heat can cause. I still keep my SC600 MKIII HI in my tool pouch for turning dark and dank places into daylight, but when I need to see the colors of cables/wires I'm working with, or anything close, I kinda need this light. The best part is that it can put up with the abuse that I inadvertantly put on every piece of gear I own.

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Great stuff Tex, the love never ends and only gets stronger regardless of the 200lm output. I find its ample for pretty much most uses, and does hit home that you dont need 1000s for general work/use stuff. The 4000k hi cri is stunning and makes even work a pleasure on the eyes.............thats a tough call :laughing:

I find it to be one of those lights that i cant put down, just holding/caressing:naughty: as it feels smooth and nice in hand. Only down side is it puts balls to shame................boy can they roll!!! Fugly to some, but the clip does come in very handy for siting it down and aiming the light without it rolling off .................and falling through the floor! :laughing:

Latest posts