What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry? Pics :)

kdaq

Newly Enlightened
Re: What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry?

Maratac AAA on keychain.

Did Lumapower D-Mini VX Ultra holstered carry for awhile. Used a Fenix L2 holster, I think it was.

dminivxultra_l1holster.jpg

Bashed into too many things with it, so I switched to clipped pocket carry. Currently switching between Eagletac P20C2-II and Lumapower TRUST-1.

dave06

Newly Enlightened

mine is a maglite solitaire on my keychain and a 6P on my left front pocket...

Roland of Gilead

Newly Enlightened

I carry a Surefire L4 Digital Lumamax clipped inside my front left pocket.

I have a Surefire E1e on my keychain with the stock bulb. soon to be replaced with a Lumens Factory HO-E1A. (Although I did see a LED tower replacement that would allow me to keep the factory head that looked very interesting.)

If I am going to be out for a long time at night I will either add a Surefire E2DL in a pocket or a Surefire 6P LED with a Malkoff M61 in a belt pouch.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast

My current EDC is a high CRI Ra Clicky. I carry it in a belt holster or just drop it in a pocket if I happen to not be wearing a belt.

ss355

Newly Enlightened

Quark Mini CR2 in front pants/shorts pocket. It's small enough that it doesn't bug me like my bulky keys sometimes do.

Kraid

Enlightened

I carry a P60 Lego (for power) in my front right pocket (the parts change over the years, but not the basic form factor) a Ti MiNi 123 (for runtime) on my keys in my front left pocket. And when in uniform, a Ti Preon 2 in my front right shirt pocket. Lots o lights! :)

rodmeister

Enlightened

I alternate between a Fenix LOD and Quark Mini123 in my right front pocket. A Photon II is on my keychain as an emergency backup, which I consider my most important light in case I forget my primary or the battery dies.

Last edited:

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I carry my HDS Ra 170, and my MiNi Quark 123 on lanyards inside my waistband. I carry my Photon Proton in its sheath in my left rear pocket. I have two Photons also(one on my keychain, another attached to a knife in my right rear pocket).

LauraQ

Newly Enlightened

PD30 in my purse, Photon II on my keychain.

notsnhoj

Newly Enlightened

Mine is an Arc AAA Premium, carried in the change pocket of my jeans along with a small BIC lighter. Had it there for going on two years now. Great little light!

specimen

Newly Enlightened

Fenix PD 30

and one of

ITP A1 ss , ITP A2 ss, ITP A3 natural(new UI)

in my laptop backpack.

:):):)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast

• 6P with a 4500k linger special drop-in on one end and a Z59/bezel down clip combo on the other end. Sits DEEP in the front pocket.
  • RA Clicky High CRI
  • Surefire E1B
  • Quark R5 2x123 tube with AW17670
I rotate between these depending on predicted daily activities.

Light clipped to left front pocket, Knife clipped to right front pocket.

Last edited:

Rexlion

Enlightened

Every day for work I carry a Maratac AAA in a side pants pocket. It's so tiny and unobtrusive I can throw it in with my change coins and forget it's there.

When I get home I change clothes and usually carry a Quark RGB clipped inside the side pocket. But sometimes another Maratac AAA (I have black, natural, and copper).

Monday this week I was getting dressed for work in the morning (I set up book displays in schools) and I thought, "it's a nice sunny day, what are the odds I'd need this light! But.... oh, I'll take it anyway, I hardly know it's there." So I get out working and about 1 pm I'm at a middle school; I just get in the teacher's lounge to do my thing when all the power goes out in the building. I'm in an inner room with no windows and it's almost pitch black! Gleefully I fire up the Maratac and go about my work. Then I drive next door to the upper elementary... no power there either! The secretary leads me back to the workroom and says, "I hope you can see what you're doing in there..." (another windowless room)... to which I reply cheerfully, "don't worry, I have a flashlight." :party: As I set up my book display on the wire rack, occasional staff members walked in and marveled. "Did you just happen to have that?" one asked. "Nope, I have it with me just about every day," I replied. :) "Oooh, that's bright!" another said.

Flashlights. Don't leave home without them!

steve007

Newly Enlightened
My Ultrafire PD10 with the infamous XP-G R5 (5 modes)...:thumbsup: (my front pocket)

DSCF3029.jpg

DSCF3014.jpg

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Currently, this Preon I with clicky tailcap powered by a 10440, clipped in my front left pocket of dark brown cargo pants. Awesome, potent little flashlight - I love it.

DailyCarry.jpg

The UKPK is clipped in my right front pocket. The G30 rides IWB in a HighNoon Mister Softy - at 1 o'clock.

Man, I would not want to **** this photographer off... that's for sure! haha:nana:

wyager

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maratac AAA. Just a maratac AAA. I try to focus on keeping everything small.

Lighthearted1

Newly Enlightened
You know how we change these EDC lights now and then.
Currently I have a 4sevens belt holster with the Regular Quark AA XP-G R4 Neutral White head, and a single 14500 AW cell.

I have reversed the clip for hat visor use, and it always wears the Quark FingerGrip for two reasons:
1. secure grip in hand
2. Tooth cushion for hands free duty when the hat isn't handy.

I have the Quark Mini CR2 Warm White on my key chain with a McGizmo Nano Clip for fast removal if wanted.

Originally I tried the Quark with 18650 tube in rear pocket carry beside my wallet. It was wearing through my jeans pockets quickly. The holster carry on the AA size body has been working well for me.

I have a second 4sevens AA holster which is a great fit for my Victornox Cybertool (EDC too), this protect the plastic side panels from scratches (very well).

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, I would not want to **** this photographer off... that's for sure! haha:nana:

Hey buddy, you callin' my flashlight small??? :devil: heeheehe

Well.... it IS! haha

CaNo, you know you really do need a Preon, you Quark lover you. :thumbsup:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey buddy, you callin' my flashlight small??? :devil: heeheehe

Well.... it IS! haha

CaNo, you know you really do need a Preon, you Quark lover you. :thumbsup:

I'm still waiting for the supposed "E01 Killer" they should be coming out with shortly. I am going to pass up on the Revo.

And as a matter of fact sir, I do have the Preon 1 clicky on 10440's. It is my current EDC! It took a while for me to brave it out (putting the 10440 in after the warnings), but I'm glad I took the risk. I am happy with the results! :thumbsup: