What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry? Pics :)

Starchaser

Newly Enlightened
What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry?

Right now, I EDC a limited special edition Fenix LOD Q4, and I like to carry it on my keychain. My soon to be EDC is going to be a JETBeam BK135A, carried in my pocket, until they have a clip for it.

So please let us know what your current EDC Flashlight is... and how you like to carry it.

Pics would be great, and very much appreciated! lovecpf

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: What is your current EDC Flashlight... and how do you like to carry?

Much as I like high-end lights I can't bring myself to edc them routinely because of the financial hit of losing one (I've lost several good lights since becoming a CPF'er, just not any really expensive ones yet).

My main edc's are a Fenix LD01 stainless in my jeans' watch pocket, a PF LPK Ti on my keys (plus a Photon II), plus an LED flashlight feature built into my Nokia phone, that is actually a nicer flashlight than one might expect (white flood beam with not much throw, but great for reading, looking at maps, etc).

NCT1

Newly Enlightened

I EDC a Download's Pocket Rocket 6th run HAIII, and I also always have on me a Maratac AAA. I am not too concerned about loosing an expensive flashlight, because I tend to be extremely careful with my things.

someuser

Newly Enlightened

I normally carry a C2 in my front pants pocket with the clip out. To me it doesn't feels like it's there until I need to use it at work. This is a work light and I have treated roughly. I have dropped the C2 bezel down once and bang on it a dozen time and stills looks mint.

I sometime carry the E2E hotwire on me as back up just for fun. It uses the Lumen factory IMR-E2 lamp Assembly and 2 IMR cells. Super bright, super small, super warm and super short run time.:D As I don't like using the small Surefire clip, I always just leave it inside my other front pocket.

PCC

Flashlight Enthusiast

When I've carried my QMiNi 123 it sits in my front right pants pocket. Since getting my ITP A3 EOS the 123 sits in a drawer at home and the EOS is clipped onto the side of my cell phone case clipped onto my belt. If I don't use the cell phone case then it's in my front right pants pocket. In my jacket pocket I have a 6P with a two-mode LED module.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened

I currently EDC a Surefire E2L either clipped to a pocket in normal trousers/jeans or I slip it in one of the tall slim pockets on the front of 5.11 tac-lite's.

HIDblue

Enlightened

Rotate between a Lumapower Incendio V3, Fenix PD20 and newly purchased JetBeam E3S carried vertically in my back pocket right next to my wallet which seems to keep the light upright all day.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast

Currently its an E1E with McTC and steve's neutral XP-G 2 mode tower, clipped inside of my front pocket along with my wallet.
then sometimes I grab my zebralight H501w w/ clip and deep pocket carry it.
dscf7060z.jpg

gedc0832a.jpg

i dont have half these lights anymore.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

I'm going to begin carrying, yet again, the one light I always return to. . .

Black, Milky-modded SureFire KL1 head (w/ Seoul P4 LED emitter). It's mounted on a black E2E body, with E2D tailcap. (Those tailcaps are only available in black.)

No name for this sweet light. And the previous owner removed the MilkySpit tape that was on the head.

But the beam is beautiful. Not angry-blue at all. White, with an excellent transition between sidespill and hotspot that makes it nearly impossible to tell where one ends; and the other begins. Surprisingly good throw as well. Definitely 200+ lumens out the front.

Doesn't have a name. But I call her mine. :thumbsup:

EDIT:

Forgot to mention that I carry it clipped to my pants pocket, on the left side; using the stock clip on the E2E body. (But I'm not left-handed.)

Last edited:

Starchaser

Newly Enlightened

skyfire... Thanks so much for the Pics!

Everyone loves pics... and it's also nice to see what your EDC looks like. :thumbsup:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast

Currently, this Preon I with clicky tailcap powered by a 10440, clipped in my front left pocket of dark brown cargo pants. Awesome, potent little flashlight - I love it.

DailyCarry.jpg

The UKPK is clipped in my right front pocket. The G30 rides IWB in a HighNoon Mister Softy - at 1 o'clock.

Last edited:

aceo07

Enlightened

I carry my HDS U60 (K2 upgraded) in my pants pocket with keys or wallet in the summer, then in my jacket/coat pocket during the colder months.

Y Cheers

Banned

:nana:i still dont't have a EDC flashlight,but i am thinking buy a wonderful edc for my wife ,i think put edc flashlight in pants pocket would be more nice

jellydonut

Enlightened

Malkoff Wildcat MD4 with pocket clip, clipped in my right pocket.:thumbsup:

Colorblinded

Enlightened

Fenix LD01 on a small NiteIze s-biner with a 16gb Sandisk Titanium drive on the one side and my car key & remote on the other.

I also have a little button cell light from Brightguy on my keys on the carabiner I hook on a belt loop. That might get replaced with something better/different but possibly still lithium before long.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Zebralight H501 worn around the neck nearly 24/7 even when I sleep. And Maratac AAA in the wallet or on the keychain (rarely used though).

This is how I use my H501 90% of the time. It's tucked behind the shirt when not in use. The adjustable lanyard is also the headband.
IMG_5188.jpg

Last edited:

etherealshade

Enlightened

I rotate between a Lunasol 20, a XR-E Haiku, and a Milky modded E1E, depending on what I'm expecting to do that day. I've also got a MD3 with M60 and a Milky L1 extreme for when I need something a bit more potent, but I don't often carry them with me. My EDCs live in my trouser pocket, with a paracord lanyard clipped to my belt to prevent dropping or losing them.

chenko

Enlightened

I'm carrying a Quark Mini AA in my pants' coin pocket.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast

Either a Surefire E1B, or a Lighthound Twisty most of the time. Dont let the cheap price of the twisty trick you, it is a little powerhouse in it's own rite. Mine has a centered emmitter, good beam (tight spot and huge spill), nice regulation for a single cell, and it is bright ~ 150 OTF lumens. Build quality is good too. I have homeade parachord handstraps on both of these and use a small niteize carabiner clip to attach to my beltloop. The light hangs from my beltloop to the inside of my front pants pocket. They usually do not bottom out in my pockets, and hang at the right level. I can keep keys and other small items in the same pocket without beating the lights up this way. If I need the light, I just grab the chord and pull the light out without actually sticking my hand in my pocket.