What is your favorite cheapie led light?

DaveG

Enlightened
A vote for the Dorcy aaa also, for the price a tough act to follow. I have beat mine up w edc for a couple of years ,it still works when I need it.

garageguy

Newly Enlightened
dehnehsu said:
compared8vf.jpg
dorcynewtail5em.jpg

Is this the Flashglight you're talking about? (Blue Flashlight on the left) I noticed the tail fits the Dorcy Metal Gear. It only grabs onto about 1/2 of the threads but it does fit, and the Hex pattern lines up when tightened. I got mine for $6.99

The blue one you have is the same one that I got from my father in-law as a gift (except mine is black). Great light for the money, he paid $5 at a knife show.

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like KevinL's picolights. About the size of a stack of 4 U.S. dimes. It's a good backup light to carry, because it's too small to even notice.

mrdctaylor

Newly Enlightened
I like my MXDL from Emilion. It uses a Lux clone and runs from 3 AAAs. When my son and I walk the dog after dark I give him that light to carry. It is plenty bright and if he accidentally drops it, no biggie.

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spongebob said:
Everyone keeps mentioning this light, now I must have one...... can :anyone: post a pic so I know what to look for?

SingleCell.jpg

Back row, third and forth lights from the right.

Edit: If you're lucky Wal Mart has them in stock. That is a rare thing lately.

Last edited:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Ok yeh they sell those at wal-mart, thanks for the pic. I will pic up a couple next time im at wally world

Ok the other two red lights (one on the strings,one standing up) and the gold light in the picture, what are they?

Pretty sure they are in stock, I remember seeing them last time I was there. I always check the flashlght isle no matter how many times a week (or day) I go there, anyone else have that problem.

Last edited:

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're really lucky you'll get an older version of the Dorcy AAA that does not have the focusing lens. The older version had a true reflector and a flat piece of plastic for a lens. The new one does not have a reflector just a bubbled out piece of plastic for a lens to focus the light into a beam. I just dont like the beam of the new one, it's too concentrated with no spill. Also the booster circuit pushes harder on my older one. Beware. I know theres a thread around here somewhere about this.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Non pocketable
Emillion's 7x7mm. Emillion does not sell them anymore so you will have to get them from Dea's site where the leds are listed as 8mm diameter.
http://www.qualitychinagoods.com/7-led-led-diameter8mm-v4-p-366.html
There is a problem with some tailcap springs not long enough on some units (2 of 4 I bought). Some stretching may be required.
At under $10 shipped they are brighter than my Luxeon lights.

Pocketable
Nuwai TM-310H
Twice as bright as the Dorcy AAA.
There is a sale by LED_experimenter for $9.50 in thedealer's forum.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Spongebob said:
Pretty sure they are in stock, I remember seeing them last time I was there. I always check the flashlght isle no matter how many times a week (or day) I go there, anyone else have that problem.

Guilty.

But I do it purely for investigations into the paranormal, mind you. You see, it seems that every once in awhile I'll go down the aisle and a couple selections that happen to catch my eye will just somehow magically fly off the rack and happen to land in my cart without any effort on my part...honest
It's the craziest thing.:whistle:;)

Flashokinesis, perhaps? Too early to tell. More purchas...errm tests to be conducted first. :devil:

Spongebob

Newly Enlightened
Ok I have found the greatest cheapie LED in the world. The Lighthound 8 LED AA, runs on two readily available AA batteries, is brighter than my X5 (twice I would say) and has incredible run time. Im still on my first set of batteries and they came out of my digital camera afer it said change batteries! I put a clip from a Gerber infinity which fits perfectly. At 6.99 this light is King..............

lighthoundAA.jpg