What knife/knives do you EDC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sticktodrum

Enlightened
These days, it's a GEC Bullnose, a sodbuster pattern.
6e4501ba147b88f763949373ecf12018.jpg

Macka17

Newly Enlightened
Subject says it all.

I know many of you from your usernames I've seen over at USN and Bladeforums, so I know a bunch of you EDC some nice knives everyday.

So, let's hear it. What knife to you carry on an EDC basis?

I carry a Chris Reeve Knives Sebenza Classic 2000 (small).

Occasionally, I'll carry a Microtech Mini-SOCOM.

Hi.
New to this forum. Mainly came for torches.
But old hand with knives (75 yrs young.)

Have actually folded and forged a coupla blades myself. 50 yrs ago.
Using old Reo Rods.
Best skinners I ever made though, were the Workshop Power HackSaw blades
Break off a length around 8in long. Slow grind a hilt, blade profile on it.
Then Hand\foot wheel an edge onto blade. Slow but satisfying.

Several hilts. two were epoxy'd on, blackwood slabs.
one was a piece of Jarrah. slabs are Beautiful timber when oiled.
They took a long time to form good skinning edge. 4 in ish blade edge.
but would do 1 and 1\2 buffalo b4 needing a steel.(Australian, Eastern water Buff's)
Start with knives. peel off mainly with truck. Look them up. we were paid to cull them.

EX German military MAUSER Long action
Home built with 28in floater barrel 30-06 220 grn. Full load. bounced off the head boss like pellets.

Either Side on with them. or 300win mag. Minimum.
My '74 RUGER No 1 Was nice to shoot. But I had to fully float barrel from fore stock
and file sear. to get any real accuracy.
An old Kahles 4 x Moving Reticle, Elephant scope on top finished it off nicely.

Normal carry knife. for last over 40 rs. has been a Deluxe. Martiini.
Fixed blade with Moulded handle.
Takes and holds a good edge with no rust.
Folded steel 3 way Laminate, or cut out sheet. Swedish (Finland) steel. 1960's alloy.

Small game and pocket.
Puma Prince. Is nice steel but a little "pointy'. Watch for nicking skins,
but good to cut up beasts to small deer size.

Also have a nice little Custom Crossman 934A skinner. (1984)
Perfect for foxes and smallish game. Does hold a good edge for working.
Well Balanced.
Job doing, Really, leads to knife carried.
IN pocket is usually a 3 in blade SOG folder.
soft steel but useful for anything on a daily basis.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Might have found the best EDC knife for me.

ESEE designed Zancuda. Opens lightening fast. Good solid lock that is good and stiff. Got it set up for tip-up carry.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't edc a knife but when I do carry one I find the sak are best for me. Practical, not expensive, and won't raise an eyebrow (except for tsa). For certain tasks I have others I take but if I had to choose just one, sak.

turbotype

Newly Enlightened
My EDC blades in rotation are Microtech Ultratech, Benchmade Auto Stryker, Benchmade Griptillian and a CRK Sebenza, with the :bow:Sebenza being my favorite. My primary EDC lights in rotation are a Streamlight ProTac 2AA, Fenix LD-22 and a Malkoff MDC 2AA, with the Streamlight being my favorite. Other trinkets include Leatherman Wave, a Victorinox SAK keychain and one of those cheap blue Pentel drafting pencils.

Keitho

Enlightened
Balance between cost/weight/quality landed me with two different choices. If the day will be mostly indoors, Spyderco Delica pocket folder (great 1-handed operation, 71g). If the day will be mostly outdoors, ESEE Izula fixed blade (neck or belt, 54g plus sheath).

lidspinner

Newly Enlightened
So many options in my rotation to name but I will name my 3 favorites that when I so carry them I just am in a better mood those days. Lol.

Microtech ut tanto blade

ML knives mini kept art..Matt leswinski is the best imo....

A cheap Damascus handmade with walnut handle that sits horizontal on my belt....picked it up at a gunshow since it was cheap and looked neat...I liked the sheath more so than the knife but it has grown on me over the years and make sure to carry it as often as possible. It just feels right and I don't mind using it for dirty jobs or using it as a pry bar...(Taboo, I know)....sometimes cheap is nice.

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
A cheap Damascus handmade with walnut handle that sits horizontal on my belt....picked it up at a gunshow since it was cheap and looked neat...I liked the sheath more so than the knife but it has grown on me over the years and make sure to carry it as often as possible. It just feels right and I don't mind using it for dirty jobs or using it as a pry bar...(Taboo, I know)....sometimes cheap is nice.

As long as it works for you. lol Surprised it hasn't broken or bent. Be careful, cheap tools can sometimes lead to expensive bodily damages.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
Today's carry. Kershaw Piston that I had pro edged to 15 degrees per side and my new white light XHP35 HI Dobermann.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.