What light do you use to "finish off" your 123s?

AK

Newly Enlightened
What light do you use to \"finish off\" your 123s?

Lately I've been accumulating a number of nearly-depleted CR123A batteries (I remove the batteries from my Longbow Micra when it drops out of regulation and starts to dim.) There must an LED light that can milk a few hours of light from these nearly depleted batteries. Suggestions? Perhaps an Innova X5? What do you guys do with your nearly-depleted 123s?

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: What light do you use to \"finish off\" your 123s?

That is a good question. I have heard some mention the Milky Candle by MilkySpit. You may want to give that a try. If you come up with something else please let me know. I plan to use one of my VIPs on medium/low to drain mine out. I am going to label one of them battery drainer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks.

Mrd 74

Enlightened

Maybe Peak Leds single 5mm led on their CR123 body would be a good light to totally drain our depleted 123s?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

I've been using a Milky Candle for this purpose as of late.
It isn't designed to be a true flashlight, but it IS a light, and it DOES use CR123A cells. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use them in my Inova X5 lights. I can usually get at least several more hours of usable light out of my X5's after my Surefires have used them up.

-Keith

Blades

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use my Arc, and my Inova X5. I am on the list for the next batch of Milky Candle's. I have considered getting a red Inova X5, since it only takes 1 battery, but I haven't picked one up yet.

Blades

stockae92

Enlightened

my X5T HA does the job well for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

I use a Surefire hurricane light or my LSH with twisty standing on end (candle mode?)

Orion

Flashlight Enthusiast

At the moment, I'm using my Bowling Pin modded with three 8mm LEDs. It is one of my bedside lights and is still plenty bright with battery at 2V.

AK

Newly Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
At the moment, I'm using my Bowling Pin modded with three 8mm LEDs. It is one of my bedside lights and is still plenty bright with battery at 2V.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've tried to use my stock Bowling Pin. It works ok, but is fairly dim with the depleted batteries. I guess the longbow sucks the batteries pretty close to dry before it drops out of regulation.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*

Blades,

I tried a battery that was dead enough that I could look right at the Luxeon in a TK McLux in a X5T with red LEDs and it was a little dimmer than a ARC AAA red or a Infinity red, but it still gave useable light.

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

First I use my Arc LS or E1e/KL1, then it goes into the X5t to suck it all off! Ideally the Milky Candle would be the final step. It was designed with this feature in mind (sucking all the juice from your batt), apart from being a long running 1x123 cell nightlight.

lightemup

Flashaholic*

I use a x5t too to drain my dead ones /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif