What light is in your Car?

Per Arne

Enlightened
1. Maglite MagCharger with Fivemega Reflector, 18W lamp and Traffic Wand.
2. MiniMaglite AA with TerraLUX TLE-5 RED LED, TCS-1 Clicky and F04 Beam Diffuser.
3. G&T T-12-BK Body with Z44-BK, Z41-BK, LF 12V lamp and F24 Beam Diffuser.
4. SureFire G2 Yellow w/ LF ES-6 lamp, F24 Beam Diffuser and F28 Traffic Wand.
4. SureFire G3 with Z44-BK, F24 Beam Diffuser and P60L LED lamp.
5. UK 2L Yellow incan.
6. Petzl Duo60 Headlamp with halogen lamp and 8 LED (supposed to be in the car...)
- spare Lamps, Batteries, Lanyards...

I also have a Mini Maglite AA with TerraLUX TLE-5 White LED in my First Aid Kit...

edit: I have also experienced the same thing with alkaline batteries as TKC, and therefore I also use lithium batteries in my Mini Maglites

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a SF G2 in my truck. I will NOT keep a light that take alkaline batteries in my vehicle, as they can and WILL leak eventually. In both our vehicles we have SF G2's. I also have some ASP Elite lights in there as well.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am going to add SF G2L's to both our vehicles soon.

Cadster

Newly Enlightened
SF 6P (Gun Metal Grey) + Malkoff M60F + Pila 600S in the glovebox.
Not so sure Li-Ions are happy with the temp extremes, but it hasn't
been a problem yet...

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I'll stick a L2D in my car...
TooSharp

I think the L2D with some extra batteries is a good choice for a car. You can pick a light level for the work or runtime you need. It fits in the glove compartment. It can get into the corners of your engine compartment better than a big maglite. Won't bankrupt you if lost.

TooSharp

Newly Enlightened
NA8,
Thanks for the conformation. I think I'll hand around the marketplace and pickup another L2D for my wife's van as well.

TooSharp
I think the L2D with some extra batteries is a good choice for a car. You can pick a light level for the work or runtime you need. It fits in the glove compartment. It can get into the corners of your engine compartment better than a big maglite. Won't bankrupt you if lost.

Fizz753

Newly Enlightened
Just a cheap 3xC Rayovac sportsman cree in the truck.
Long battery life, bright enough, and ugly / common enough no one is going to get too tempted to break a window to steal it (I hope).

Plus the stranded L2D and SF G2 BOG EDC's. (wonder how many more acronyms and abbreviations I could fit in there :laughing:)

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't leave a light in my car since it can get really hot in there, but I do have a light on my car keys.

Usually a P1D Q5 or MillerMods Arc AAA.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix L2D Q5 in my car loaded with E91 Lithium batteries, and a 4 AA pack of E91 spares in the glove compartment. Thinking to also put a 2D Mag with a modified SSC MagLED "upgrade" in the trunk, but haven't gotten around to that quite yet.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I keep a L2D loaded with enelops in my Jeep. Alos, I have my normal EDC with me, my LO D CE on my keys and my 120p in my pocket.

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will NOT keep a light that take alkaline batteries in my vehicle, as they can and WILL leak eventually.

I've got CR123 lights in both our cars for this reason as well. 10 year shelf life and no leaking means I will have a light in there when I need it, not be stuck 7 years down the road with dead batteries and corroded contacts.

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have my 3D mag with the mag led drop-in and the traffic cone on it and i have my G&P scorpion i take in and out of my truck every day and i have my 6P with R2 EDC and NovaTac 120P EDC on me too. that doesnt include the lights on my truck....:grin2::whistle:

gilly

Enlightened
Minimag with Nite Ize LED upgrade / Energizer L91 lithiums

Coleman 3 x AA lantern / Energizer L91 lithiums (125 hour runtime)

As with many, can't bear to put something too NICE in there just in case...

righty

Newly Enlightened
King Pelican
princeton tech 40
3d maglite
three "turbo flares"
princeton tech apex head lamp

Righty

Wattnot

Enlightened
SF 6P (Gun Metal Grey) + Malkoff M60F + Pila 600S in the glovebox.
Not so sure Li-Ions are happy with the temp extremes, but it hasn't
been a problem yet...

I too have an M60F for a flood and just threw my new Tiablo A9 in there to cover throw. Come to think of it my A2 is in there just in case I left any gaps!! They're all CR123 lights because of what Cadster mentioned about lions. They'll work but extreme heat with a fully charged lion will shorten it's already short lifespan and extreme cold will make it lethargic until it gets warmed up. I have no idea if lions are prone to leakage with temp extremes . . . that would be good to know.