What light is in your Car?

Bradlee

Enlightened
L2T with Eneloops in the back seat, Jet-III Pro in the centre console. Once it starts to warm up here the Li-ion will get swapped out with a Ni-MH light.

+1 on the Eneloops (my X1 & Glorb are loaded with them); nice if you actually use the lights periodically. Naturally Lithiums are close at hand as well.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
1 x mag 3D with SSC, running on D alkaline for convenience

1 x photon Fusion for headlight

1 x innova bolt 2AA, for where the mag is not practical.

Wyeast

Enlightened
Standard issue in our cars is a Dorcy Spyder - although it's gotten to the point now with LED's that a change may be finally due.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I just threw a P3D into the center console. Didn't put in any spare batteries, don't think I'll need any in everyday situation.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
Somewhat embarrassing as I have an old, beat-up Pelican 3xC incan Super Sabrelight underneath the front seat. Too wary about break-ins to put anything better.

But, I normally carry with me either my EDC lights, Fenix P2D / DX C3-Q5 ss or, if I have my courier bag, then my SF 6P / Dereelight CL1H and / or Zebralight H30 / H50.

I think I may just put in my JetBeam CLE V2 or old Fenix L1D-CE with Imedions... :thinking:

84Maroon

Banned
In my truck is a modded HDS B60LE LuxK2-TFFC w/17670 battery tube, you will also find 2 spare AW 17670 cells in a storage tube.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oooo, ProPoly with SSC... I keep ProPoly's in my cars. Would love them to have more updated emitters.

It probably won't be too long, since Streamlight has already updated the emitter in the Scorpion LED and Stinger LED. The Propoly lights will take longer since they're safety-rated, and the new design would have to be tested again.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Light?" Don't you mean "Lights?"

Permanantly stationed in the car:
1. Surefire G2 with 150L BOG module for a wall-o light
2. Inova T3 TIROS for spotlight with minimal spill
3. Fenix P1D with Leef body & mild diffuser for general work
4. Fenix P1 CE with RCR2 two-stage switching module I made as a pocket light in case I lost my EDCs

Temporary (in the car right now):
SF ML1 SSC on E1 body with McE2S

...or on rotation:
E1L cree McE2S
ML1 Lux3 (good tint wins over lumens)
Nitecore DI

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a good idea! I may have to stash a headlamp in the car.
Ooooooh, that is a brilliant idea!! (Pun intended!!) I WILL put my headlamp in the truck. THANK YOU for that idea! :thumbsup:

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my lights as LOW in the car (on the floor or close to it) as possible because I have seen a big temperature difference between lights left in the high console (hot!) and low door pockets and floor (much cooler). On the floor covered by the emergency blanket is best.
I don't leave a light in my car since it can get really hot in there...quote]

cfromc

Enlightened
A G2 that is converted to a G2L in my primary driver with 6 spare CR123s and a junk 6V lantern in the back emergency kit. My wife's primary driver has a 6P converted to a 6PDL with a spare Z41 tailcap and 6 Cr123s and a couple junk lantern lamps in the back. On my bike a G2 with a P60L and 6 spare CR123s and a 3AA MagLED. The lantern lights and cheap 2Ds are pretty much useless and I've been giving them away. The batteries seem to always be dead. That's why I have at least one lithium-battery light in each vehicle.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhat embarrassing as I have an old, beat-up Pelican 3xC incan Super Sabrelight underneath the front seat...

Not at all embarrassing RGB! Those have pretty decent beams. I have one stashed in my wife's car along with a Petzl Tikka headlamp.

I have the following in my truck, 9P w/SC1 (only 3 batteries though), Streamlight 1 watt headlamp (uses 2 AAA), 3D Mag with Mag LED module, and a Nuwai 3 watt incase I have to leave it with a stranded motorist(s).

Thanks for reminding me to check the alkies TKC!

kelmo