What model light do you have the most of?

HitFactor

HitFactor

Newly Enlightened
3 of each Fenix C7 and E03R.
2 of each Fenix PD36R and HM61R.

HM61R without the headband is my EDC.

strideredc

strideredc

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
6x surefire g2... 5x 10x dominator...3x p6... 2x HDS...2x g2z.. 3x M6 😀 (a standard version on 6x cr123, a led conversion and a 1185 running 3x 16650 or 17650)

the G2z and M6 are my favourites..... don't tell the others 😉

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
As I look around my house it appears the Maglite ML25 is in the running for the "most" of a particular model. As stated before I collect promo Solitaires, or did for a while so there's probably 30-40 of those with a few LED versions hanging on a nail, or other objects throughout the house.

Now one year a huge cache of 2009-ish SureFire 6P lights showed up at eBay and Amazon. Word got out there were nip 6P's to be had for under $35! Prior to that $55 was a great price. One lucky day I found a seller at eBay had a listing for $25!! His "ad" if you will stated over 100 available. I ordered 12 from the guy. By bedtime that dude had sold out. I think I kept 3, maybe 4. The 6P being such a great host for the Malkoff module some of those were purchased for times somebody did a group buy of Malkoff modules. I looked for a gun metal one for a few years and found a minty user. Then a member here had a few with the coating removed so I snatched up one. So I suppose I have around 8-10 SureFire 6P's including a round head one that looked well worn but has a perfect lens. I got that one for less than $25 shipped to my door.

By the time I discovered the Fenix E01 it was too late. Out of production and folks wanted like $60 for one. I scored a couple of those at a good price but actually prefer the Sophia version made by Sofirn.

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
6x surefire g2... 5x 10x dominator...3x p6... 2x HDS...2x g2z.. 3x M6 😀 (a standard version on 6x cr123, a led conversion and a 1185 running 3x 16650 or 17650)

the G2z and M6 are my favourites..... don't tell the others 😉
”5x 10x dominator.”? Nice always wanted one of them but the battery issues scare me. afraid If I grab one I’ll be stuck with a light that won’t work.

dotCPF

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
5 Dominators hot damn! I think that's the only nitrolon I don't have.....

I certainly have more Surefire G2s than any other. I am just nuts about Nitrolon! How many you ask? "A shelf full" is about all I could give you for an estimate....

Next in line is probably the MD2 and my lovely lineup of D25Cvn/ D3Cvns.

Oh I guess I also have 8 or so Convoy C2+, but those were like $60 all together so that's really like one light.... damn I also have each of the original S1 batons which I suppose counts.

.... OK I really have a problem......

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
”5x 10x dominator.”? Nice always wanted one of them but the battery issues scare me. afraid If I grab one I’ll be stuck with a light that won’t work.
I’d be more worried about bulbs. Battery sticks can always be build. Geez I’d love one of those. Such a cool light

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Bulbs can be had on eBay and also lumens factory has them as well. But the battery pack has been a problem to make for awhile.

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can’t find any on lumens factory. But eBay I’m sure they do show up occasionally. Eventually they will all be gone. The battery I didn’t know. I know I made a stinger battery so I assumed you could do the same with the dominator. But I’ve never taken one apart

strideredc

strideredc

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
The battery pack rebuild was very simple and cheap. 6 A cells? 2700mAh (from a rc place on ebay) that cost about $18 including heatshrink then hot glued together...

Don't use AA cells as the size is different and it won't work quite the same...

You could not tell the difference from the factory ones! and a usb 6 cell charger that I have fitted to the original charger bypassing the original surefire charger guts ($15?). I even reused the original charger connectors! the only thing is the original leds on the cradle don't work so you just look at the new charger led to tell when it's fully charged.

I will post some pictures up soon.

Original lamps are a bit harder to get but you can always go lumens factory for leds ;)

I would argue its now "better" than stock 😉

strideredc

strideredc

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
If you can use a soldering iron, hot air gun and a glue gun you can make a perfect replica battery pack... tbh the hardest bit was the two solder connections on the round battery contact pad! and that really wasn't that hard just a little awkward. Oh, I got the battery's that had pre spotwelded tags on so you just solder the tags and fold the battery's onto each other in series...

V

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I figured as much on building a battery.
I’m surprised you’d think the LF led droppins would be an improvement. Especially for a dual output light. Low is now 900L and high is 1200L? You wouldn’t be able to tell the difference and now no more low. Kind of ruins the point of the light

Pirate63

Pirate63

Newly Enlightened
Surefire, Streamlight, Fenix and Lumintop

Last edited: