What stores carry 18650 batteries?

King$nake

Newly Enlightened
Well my TK75 arrived but the batteries are a no show (back ordered). Are there any stores that might carry them? RadioShack says that they don't . I'm in San Diego

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went into a new vaper store in my 'hood the other day and they had Pannie NCR18650PFs for sale, for $12.99, or $13.99. I couldn't tell if they were fakes, but he said the were ditching their Trustfire stuff and starting to buy quality cells going forward.

Chris

ven

Flashaholic
As said any good vape store should have them,mine stock pany 3100 and 3400 ,not protected though as the devices have built in protection.
Should have some IMR cells,just look for higher capacity as some are 1200mah.............not ideal in a tk75.

I think what Chris has suggested PFs at 2900mah are an ideal option,should be an easier fit in the tk75 carrier too, being shorter over the protected.

Have a google, the switch sd shop may be worth a call to see and vaperoo to name 2,no doubt will be more places:thumbsup:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
As said any good vape store should have them,mine stock pany 3100 and 3400 ,not protected though as the devices have built in protection.
Should have some IMR cells,just look for higher capacity as some are 1200mah.............not ideal in a tk75.

I think what Chris has suggested PFs at 2900mah are an ideal option,should be an easier fit in the tk75 carrier too, being shorter over the protected.

Have a google, the switch sd shop may be worth a call to see and vaperoo to name 2,no doubt will be more places:thumbsup:

Cheers Mr Ven,never thought of a vape store.

ven

Flashaholic
I cant take credit for that as THE dAY and Chris mentioned it 1st :thumbsup: but have a look local mr mcnair in your area,is there a totally wicked shop?.

They have an online site either way and can order,their delivery is spot on and within 2 days signed for.

There is a reseller here

F Duckworth & Sons Ltd
13a Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 7RS
01492 535 784

Not sure how far from you.

Of course there will be other shops too,that is just one specific shop:twothumbs

Most wont carry protected cells,but if single cell light, its not required,as you know with just common sense they are fine:thumbsup:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cant take credit for that as THE dAY and Chris mentioned it 1st :thumbsup: but have a look local mr mcnair in your area,is there a totally wicked shop?.

They have an online site either way and can order,their delivery is spot on and within 2 days signed for.

There is a reseller here

F Duckworth & Sons Ltd
13a Abergele Road, Colwyn Bay, LL29 7RS
01492 535 784

Not sure how far from you.

Of course there will be other shops too,that is just one specific shop:twothumbs

Most wont carry protected cells,but if single cell light, its not required,as you know with just common sense they are fine:thumbsup:

Cheers Mr Ven only about 8 miles up the road and i have one even nearer in town.I will buy one to try later on.

ps there is a truck guy looking for a decent light,told him about your LL.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...k-Technician&p=4446195&highlight=#post4446195

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
I have not personally tried it but have heard that better Radio Control model hobby stores also have 18650 batteries available.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have not personally tried it but have heard that better Radio Control model hobby stores also have 18650 batteries available.

As r/c models are a hobby of mine i cannot recall an 18650 battery used in any model or controller.Quick search of one of the biggest model shops in the UK reveals

[h=1]Search Results For: 18650 battery[/h]
No results found, please try a different set of keywords.

ven

Flashaholic
Have you checked PMs mr mcnair,sent some links with some pany PFs in ,that would be my choice regarding cell size/capacity and rating.
They are on the expensive side,i can send you the details of the evil bay supplier who i have been using for a while now.Cells are well priced,his delivery is exceptional!!! and a great guy to deal with(outside of the bay too).

Dont be put off with previous stuff,there are some good sellers on there,just need to find them and i have:twothumbs will send a pm now with link just in case you have a BBQ as i know what happens then :laughing:

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you checked PMs mr mcnair,sent some links with some pany PFs in ,that would be my choice regarding cell size/capacity and rating.
They are on the expensive side,i can send you the details of the evil bay supplier who i have been using for a while now.Cells are well priced,his delivery is exceptional!!! and a great guy to deal with(outside of the bay too).

Dont be put off with previous stuff,there are some good sellers on there,just need to find them and i have:twothumbs will send a pm now with link just in case you have a BBQ as i know what happens then :laughing:

I tried 2 shops in Colwyn Bay yesterday,the one in the link and a new one called Mirage,neither had 18650,will try the Rhyl one later.Will not buy off flea.

dannyvapes

Newly Enlightened
you should go to a well known vape shop, many vape shops dont know the difference between a real sony battey and a fake.... the battery world is crazy!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
you should go to a well known vape shop, many vape shops dont know the difference between a real sony battey and a fake.... the battery world is crazy!

Many vape shops are run by complete muppets i have discovered and they all look shady chavs to me.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I needed some 18650s in a pinch once and I went to a local store that rebuilds batteries and sells a wide variety of them. I told them I needed a pair of them for a flashlight. The shopkeeper didn't believe me at first - they've only used them to build laptop battery packs. So I showed him the flashlight and he was surprised. He didn't stock any pre-made batteries with the top contacts on them, so he tack welded a couple of them on the spot. We tried them out in the store and they worked. They don't have protection as these were originally intended to be built into laptop packs with external protection, but they got me up and running in a pinch. And I got to teach the store clerk a little bit about quality flashlights.