What type of Light is this?

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I own one of these, which I picked up a while back ago from military outlet shop but I cannot find any specs on it as far as how many Lumens this light has.
Does anyone know who might own one?
I like this light. Not great. But OK.
The beam color has a cool white light as opposed to my Surefire lights which all tend to have greenish yellowish color to it.
The bad part about its beam that when I zoom in tighter, the beam gets shaped like a square which looks odd and weird.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F4R8LBE/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Looks to me that its a Surefire "knock-off"

But no Lumens info. Can anyone provide details of the lumen output?
It seems to be bright in a confined darkened room.

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
Is this light ok or not?
If its a cheapo light then I will give it away.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks to me that its a Surefire "knock-off"
soso,
a "surefire knock off" with a zoomable beam, hmm
:rolleyes:
out of all Your Surefire lights, which one features the zoomable beam?

but right: that light is a cheap knockoff, if You want zoomable, then led lenser ...
(even when it is normal that a focusing beam light shows the square shape of the emitter when zoomed out)

PS, and that is what I have typed a hundred times now:
there is only one useful light setup:
* a "host light" that can use a P60 led insert, and a
* P60 insert that is modded to Your likes (tint, level, output, battery setup) ... which are offered f.e. by members here like nailbender

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
Yep...I thought it was a knock off...I guess I will give it away to someone.

Thanks

nbp

Flashaholic
It's not really a knockoff since there are no SureFire lights that look like that or utilize a zoom feature or run off 3xAAA batteries. Knockoff implies a copy, which it is not.

It is a cheapo no-name light, though, that is true.

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
Well, actually its a keeper. And I tell you why.

I own a Streamlight Sidewinder as well (military version) and its beam on high output is like running an old incandescent lamp. Very low beam output and I dished out a lot more money on that than this no name light....

With this light the beam blows the Sidewinders beam out of the water of less of a price.

It might not be all that waterproof and stuff, but its beam is way way more powerful than my Sidewinder...and for LESS money!

But down the road, I will indeed get a Surefire light. But in the meantime, this light will do me good for the time being.

nbp

Flashaholic
You can do with it as you like, of course. You asked, we responded. Feel free to keep it or not keep it.

Btw, I thought you had all kinds of SureFire lights. At least that is what you have often told us..

itsonlyme

Newly Enlightened
You can do with it as you like, of course. You asked, we responded. Feel free to keep it or not keep it.

Btw, I thought you had all kinds of SureFire lights. At least that is what you have often told us..

I do own a few SF lights, yes. But something about SF's beams that has the yellowish coloring in them. So as my Sidewinder...
I am looking for a SF light that has the bright bluish violet looking beam (like one on the right from the image link below) http://s252.photobucket.com/user/jwritchie76/media/Lights/001-14.jpg.html

Like I said, I do not know if its only SF and Streamlights, but they all seem to have that yellow color beam in them (like on the left from the image).

Now this light like I mentioned from my original posting, does have that brighter beam to it instead of that yellowish beam.
That's why I decided to keep it. I was very impressed and blown away when I took it out my backyard in the dark. I was pretty amazed by this "cheap" light. And the light is pretty blinding (literally) when even looking at it for a second.

Last edited: