What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Raiden

Newly Enlightened
I just got my first EagleTac D25C2 because it's small and bright. I should've got the D25LC2 instead because it takes 18650 batteries. I shouldve done more research before I ordered. So guess what is my next purchase?

buds224

Enlightened
Armytek Predator for reliability and programmability. P25 (black) as my bedside light that will always have a good charge on it (which I will likely keep in my daypack during the day). Another Jetbeam ST Cycler because the flood and lumen strength is perfect for family walks at night/bike rides (2 is better than 1). 4Sevens Quark RGB.....just because it's priceless since it's discontinued; the emitter(s) is(are) just something I can stare at all day and I was lucky enough to find someone who didn't mind parting with one in pristine condition.

Received the Predator the other day, waiting on the rest.

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff HD xml2 neutral. Been happy with every Malkoff product I've purchased before and this one is more of the same goodness. Was eyeing a HD for a while based on all the rave reviews it gets so when a neutral version was offered I went for it. Good light.

joelbnyc

Enlightened
Just ordered my first decent LED after discovering these LED & EDC blogs and forums last Friday.

After a lot of research I chose a 4sevens Mini MA 1xAA with XP-G2. This is for around the house and urban areas, and EDC carrying until I get a smaller cr123.

Why?

1) AA instead of cr123 for my first light because AA's are ubiquitous, and I already have a tiny 18 lumen AG3 on my keychain. And if alkaline is not bright enough I see I can (carefully) use 14500 3.7v.

2) Went with 4sevens bec they seem tried and true. Xeno e03 looks bulky, eagletac D25A cost more on amazon (which I prefer to use if possible bec they have locker delivery, which helps in NYC if you aren't in a doorman building) and I prefer the all-black design of 4seven as opposed to the black body w/ silver ring on the non-titanium D25A. The fenix AA had only 2 modes no medium, and the L3 Illumination L10 design looks a bit plain. Plus after 3 days I'm tired of researching....

3. From the beam shots I viewed, I'm fine with XP-G2 for indoors and urban use.

My next purchase will I think be an Eagletac D25C or Nitecore MH1C rcr123 with built in microusb charging. That light looks really cool.

Thank you flashaholics for all this info. This could be an expensive new hobby...

Last edited:

mjn

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff MDC in Orange.. freakin cool light! It's so pretty though, I'm not sure if I'll EDC it...don't wanna mess up that neat finish.

A day later, I ordered a Solarforce X3 & an X2 (stainless twisties, one AAA & one AA).... package deal... couldn't resist. Definitely not bad lights.

And a Solarforce L6P and an M3 head. Holy bonesmokers!! This sucker outthrows my Predator, and has a wider pattern..

Haven't decided what is next...

mjn

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my first decent LED after discovering these LED & EDC blogs and forums last Friday.

Thank you flashaholics for all this info. This could be an expensive new hobby...

Oh jeez dude... you have no freakin idea. I was where you are now a mere two years ago. I think that was....uh... hang on;

12 lights ago? I think that's right... crap, I don't know for sure. I've lost count.

djdawg

Enlightened
My latest is a Niteye E-15 ..... Niteye TS20 ...... Nitecore MT-26......
Just ordered a Niteye M11R and another E-15 and Eagletac D25LC2 , because I like them so much.
Its ridiculous where this is taking me.

I have gotten more lights these past three months than I have in the past three years.
I seem to have the BUG .......Ive given a few away as gifts and still have a little over thirty five or so.
Is there a Forum here to help us stop ??? LOL

Last edited:

JCD

Enlightened
The last LED light I bought was a Surefire 6P with a KX4D head I found poorly listed on ebay. I made a lowball bid, and didn't even have to pay that much. One of these days I'll get around to relisting it, since I don't need it.

Come to think of it, I've since bought a 6P and a 9P that had LED drop-ins, but the drop-ins were pulled out immediately upon receipt. I couldn't tell you if they even work.

Last edited:

cerbie

Enlightened
G2. I want to have some extra all-plastic-exterior hosts, in case they either stop making them, or jack the prices up.

comfortablynumb

Newly Enlightened
Ok well not exotic at all, I just got a Mag Solitare AAA cell LED...Why? First LED (aside from a horrible blue cast streamlight nano) and first AAA cell light..figured would be good for a beater EDC. I have a feeling if I hang around here long enough I'll have more flashlights then uses for said flashlights... :crackup:

Yorgi

Newly Enlightened
Just received a Shadow SL3 which is a 3x XM-L putting out 1500 lumens from a single 26650. I wanted something very bright without spending a fortune since I only occasionally need that kind of power.

Very impressed with a quality and value, I would rank it up there with my Olights. I wish more lights were available using the 26650, it is an awesome battery.

Next I am hoping to pick up one of the new P3X Surefires once they are available.

awyeah

Enlightened
EagleTac T20C2 Mark II with the neutral white XM-L. And an EagleTac protected 3100mah 18650 to go with it.

Richsvt

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered another V11R Mirage. I all ready got one as soon as they came out but was so taken by the paint scheme that I got another to keep in my car. Just tickled by it. I am also a sucker for limited number type of things...

rayman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Thrunite Archer 1A which I will be using on work as I don't want to damage my EX10 anymore ;). And there is also a Olight i1 EOS SS on it's way as I always wanted a pocket-rocket. And I really like the Stainless Steel design.

rayman