What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Nitecore EA4, just for the hell of it. I don't need another flashlight. But there is something so cool about the form factor... 4xAA in such a small mono-body design, pumping out blinding lumens on demand with an intelligent circuit system. I also like the switch that reads off your battery level. *THAT* is amazing and very useful. This way you know what charge state you're dealing with, saving you from opening up your light and testing each cell.

cerbie

Enlightened
Turnkey Malkoff 219 G2, because it slipped my mind, TBH.

My plan all along was to swap that one into a yellow host, then put a cheapo with a low mode in the tan host, as an emergency light, until I find something better to do with it (it's cheaper than buying an additional G2 separately from the drop-in, so why not?). Now I have one, but am missing what I really wanted in the first place. :fail:

hikingman

Enlightened
Perhaps a little irrationally, it was an Xtar D35 diving light, for walking in the rain. Now were getting no rain where I live:mad:
It's somewhat heavy but when walking where no light is really necessary, I use it seriously as an exercise tool, switching it between hands and swinging it in circular fashion. When light is necessary, it has 4 output levels - one of which is adjustable - and a nice mix of flood and throw. Did I say it was heavy? Can run endlessly on high and barely get warm.

Dave

mrmacman2u

Newly Enlightened
Just bought the Mag-Tac with the plain bezel.

Flushed out my Maglite collection at the same time by picking up a XL200, 2D Pro and MM Pro+...

I'd say I have too many lights, but I... just... DON'T! :D

domx

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore TM26. I have many other lights including TM15 and TM11, Thrunite TN 30, Jetbeam DDR30 and many other, smaller, lights. The TM26 is now my favourite and the one I use the most. It is awesome. Useful LED display and tiny for its power.

markr6

Flashaholic
My SECOND Fenix PD32UE, becuase it's the best damn light ever! I had to get another in case it truly is a limited run.

dougie

Enlightened
Nitcore EA4 because I didn't have any AA powered lights and because it was and is a pocket rocket.

Khemist

Newly Enlightened
Zebralight Sc52 on order. I can't find my other single AA light (old Fenix) and I always like to have at least one flashlight that doesn't take exotic batteries. I was sold on the the size and low-levels of the Sc52. It will probably replace my Novatac 120P on the nightstand. It will be the second flashlight I've ordered in the last couple of months. This place is really good at separating me from my hard earned money.:twothumbs

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice choice there, Khemist. I really like the SC52 and that's on my acquisition list. :)

I got a couple at a CPF garage sale.

1) Sunwayman R20A. It's a 2xAA light that is rather peculiar in design. Completely smooth body with "Inova" style brushed steel bezel head. For $18 shipped, I couldn't pass it up. It's actually quite decent and a fine value.

2) Fenix PD30. I know, the PD32UE is out, but this one was less than half the price shipped. I figured it would be a great way to check out the form factor now and then sell it if it doesn't do anything for me. I was surprised to find the UI to be very much like the Olight T20. The only disappointment I really have is that it's not a forward clicky (reverse). Not a deal breaker, but I'm so used to the T20 being a forward that it feels odd.

awyeah

Enlightened
EagleTac T20C2 Mark II, XM-L neutral white. I bought it because the LED module can be swapped out, and it comes with tons of accessories! Including a diffuser filter and a glow-in-the-dark tailcap boot. Plus it takes 2xCR123As or an 18650.

PANGES

Newly Enlightened
Have a FourSevens Mini ML-X on the way... why? Because it was 20% off, and I had an additional 8% off. After the free shipping, I couldn't resist..

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Supbeam K40. Just couldn't resist the $60 price (although the shipping added $30). Review http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...M-L-U2-3x18650-)-Review&highlight=supbeam+k40
0003214_cree-xm-l-u2-led-1147-lumens-high-power-magnetic-control-led-flashlight-k40_500.png

Last edited: