What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

FloggedSynapse

Enlightened
Fenix E01. Replaced Aeon as keychain light - smaller, brighter, similar runtime (30-40 hours). I muzzled and diffused the torch with hockey tape. Perfect!
Fenix_E01.jpg

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered a bunch of EO1's from batteryjunction's Black Friday sale for gifting lights $9.38 each. Also picked up the 1,000 lumen Maglite dropin from Terralux as it was an acceptible price for a spare 4D mag I've got lying around.

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was looking for a quality 1x 18650 compact thrower in neutral white or even warm white, without getting into modding/custom territory. Especially that LED tint requirement narrowed the list of options quite a bit.

Several ones from EagleTac, didn't like they're not designed to take unprotected cells which I plan to try. Might be a problem, maybe not, didn't feel like risking it.
Many options from Xeno, but I had my doubts about the linear driver circuit in combination with LiFePO4 cells, which I also intend to try.
Few other options, some with lowest mode not low enough, some too floody, etc.

Final choice was between Fenix PD32 Ultimate Edition, and ArmyTek Predator Pro v2.5 'warm' with XP-G2 R4 neutral white LED. The Predator ticked most boxes for me. A little larger than I wanted, but since this won't be an EDC anyway and is more about the ooohhh... ahhhh... bling factor, :cool: I pulled the trigger on it today (+ some gold colored spare parts to go with it). Hope it comes in soon... :green:

AnthonyMcEwen2014

Enlightened
Hate Chinese deliver, but its worth it.

Not strictly torches as such but all emit light or photons of some kind and are flashlight related
Waiting on three RGB filters, Defuser, Bike mount,key chain lighter,laser and I think that's most of it.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire A2-YG, because I foolishly sold my other YG, and I had no A2, and that was intolerable.

FloggedSynapse

Enlightened
This dark time of the year these light toys are more appealing. Here's my recently purchased Fenix E01, suspended. I diffused it with a piece of hockey tape - too much glare for reading much otherwise. Not a bad nightlight.
E01_Reading_Light.jpg

spydie fanatic

Newly Enlightened
EagTac D25A2 xpg2 clicky and D25LC2 xml2 clicky neutral white...ordered the new gen eneloop pro/xx from japan for the d25a2 and eagtac 18650 3400 for the d25lc2.

Also, Klarus XT11 upgrade xml2 runnung on AW 18650 3400 w/ pila IBC charger.

Oh and 3 old skool fenix L2D q5 BNIB from amazon...got em cheap and couldn't resist a blast from the past; was my first led flashlight!!

Only reason I bought these lights is I have a disease :sssh:

Help, oh help...the insanity!!! :D

Last edited:

DoubleZed

Newly Enlightened
Still waiting for the TM26 and D25A clicky, but technically the last light that I bought and have already received is a Varta Indestructible 3AAA for the car :) I think I will have to get at least one more!

Stainz

Enlightened
Several weeks ago I broke my Surefire addiction - again (Got an Olight M22 Warrior 'kit' in August-September!). The locally owned outdoor store had Fenix PD35's for $70 + s/t. I got a Nitecore 18650, too - charged it with the I2 that came with the M22 - started a trend - got four 3.6 A-Hr 18650's - all on a whim!

Stainz

olemil

Newly Enlightened
TM26 was my last purchase(delivered yesterday). Bought it because having just the SRT6 wasn't enough. :D

Skimo

Newly Enlightened
Defiant 650 lumen flashlight, I'm addicted to D cell Defiants... my wife asked me if I wanted more of them. So far it's way cheaper than knives, granted these are budget lights. :D

Bedlam

Newly Enlightened
Two of the last four lights I purchased showed up today, the first ones to get here. Nitecore P16 and MT21A. Only 5 hours until it gets dark!

hoop762

Newly Enlightened
Last one was nitecore P12. So far I like it. Got a lot of hard use over the weekend. It stood up pretty well.

Why did I buy it?? Well, I just can't help it. I never even had a choice.

Brangdon

Newly Enlightened
Zipka 2+ and ZEBRA-H502 headlamps. My previous Zipka broke on holiday. I like the form factor because the retracting cord is more compact than a headband, so got the latest model as a replacement. While researching it, I revisited this forum for the first time in years, and decided to get a "good" headlamp as well; one that didn't need to be small. I think if I'd got the Zebralight first I wouldn't have bothered with the Zipka, although both are getting used.

Lucky Jim

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E1L with KX1B head (from CPF Marketplace - thanks Shrike3612!) - Christmas present for someone who needs to be enlightened!

tonkem

Enlightened
Lupine Piko TL Max, 1200 lumens, for my wife. Elzetta Bravo for me. 2nd Lupine Wilma TL on CPF marketplace, for me :)

Keely

Newly Enlightened
'Tis the season to be too busy to post! Here's my LD22 which I bought because of how much I just LOVE my LD12!

115d72c9-f4cb-48f4-9e60-9a8bcb029dc6_zpsbdf46ddd.jpg

Keels