What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

snakeplissken83

Newly Enlightened
Surefire E2D LED Ultra, because I've never actually owned a surefire.

Their drawback for me was not being able to use 18650's without modding them, but I've been running it on two AW RCR123's for a month now and it seems fine. I'm very impressed with it, even to the point where I may become a surefire snob! :D

HIDblue

Enlightened
FourSevens MMU-X3...a triple XM-L2 in a very small form factor putting out a claimed 1,600 lumens.

And a Zebralight SC600 MKII...just because.

Scooby214

Newly Enlightened
I've bought seven Fenix in the last few weeks. My most recent purchase was an E35. Got it mainly to use in tailstand mode with an AOD-S diffuser. I find that the E35, while not having the best specs, makes a great 18650 powered EDC light. It's relatively small size makes it easy to pocket in cargo pants or slacks.

I wish more of Fenix's newer lights could tailstand. I have a rubber donut that came with a Brinkmann light that I use to make my E21 and PD32 tailstand, but I think they could've made the PD32 tailstand without too much difficulty.

Per-Sev

Enlightened
My last light was my Lenslight KO titanium with Delta grip 2X123 the reason was its got a new LED and a new tail cap that allows you to tail stand it now, also its titanium and I wanted another titanium light after I forced to sell my other one to pay for some doctors bills. I have the aluminum KO also but titanium is just bad *** and its a must have at least one ti light in your collection.
f55ee1f81c51470487a3d0afc4da85eb_zpscf6a6a56.jpg

travishu

Newly Enlightened
0531429fc595c706b31ff955ed8751d1.jpg

This's the last led light in my hand, 14 white LEDs, 3 AAA Battery, small size for my pocket, and easy to hold.
As winter comes, and the sky goes dark very early, so I buy this light in case of emergency.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is the last led light in my hand, 14 white LEDs, 3 AAA Battery, small size for my pocket, and easy to hold.
As winter comes, and the sky goes dark very early, so I buy this light in case of emergency.

Sorry, but lights with multiple LEDs in them and running off of 3AAA cells are the most likely type of flashlight to fail on you during an emergency. Especially in the winter time. Mainly due to how cheaply they're constructed.

mtullis

Newly Enlightened
The last one I purchased was a Olight SR95. I have no reason or need, but it sure is COOL.:devil:

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The latest addition to my collection is the Fenix PD35 (I did a video review etc today on this thread: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...echwg-s-Fenix-PD35-video-review-demonstration)

The reason I decided to go with it was a) it had been quite a long while since I bought a flashlight and I wanted to have the latest technology that I could get in the same PD range b) I liked the idea of getting 850 lumens c) after chatting with the myfenix guys and them telling me the beam is a bit tighter I was hooked on the idea.

I have been really happy with it. The spill is amazing, the throw is more than enough for what I "need" (although I can always use more cowbell) and with it being a classic white beam it has the effect of feeling brighter than it is. Sure, while the PD32 UE has very high quality colour rendition, it sometimes feels dimmer. While colour rendition is important, to me, I feel that the ability to see, period, is more important than making everything you do see beautiful looking. Rock breaks scissors, very happy with the PD35.

Lampbeam

Newly Enlightened
Here's my drop in the bucket of a long successful thread. So my last purchase was a Fenix TK15 to inspect the buses I drive every morning. The reason I bought it is because another driver was showing off his at work. Consequently, not to be out done I promptly ran out and bought one of my own like I was in an arms race or something. Actually, it started some years ago when I showed this other driver my Surefire 6P. Now that I have spent some time on CPF I realize that I could go nuke in this arms race with a Thrunite TN30. But oh the humanity, let's not go there!

RetroTechie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just this week got my ArmyTek Predator Pro "warm" with various extra's (including gold colored trimmings). Have now sitting on my desk a Predator Pro that looks exactly like this: (except tactical ring)
http://i4.rozetka.ua/goods/9817/armytek_predator_pro_v2_5_xp_g2_r5_gold_670_lm_920305_9817178.jpg
Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

*and* which has a Neutral White XP-G2 (R4) LED in it. Don't think there are too many of those in the EU... :cool: I love the beam profile and tint!

Bought it mostly to complement the cool white, smallish lights I already have. That is: to get a light that's more "badass", :twak: more powerful, throws further, and looks better than my other lights. It's certainly not an EDC imho, but wasn't meant that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Fenix LD41 that REI had on closeout for $54.00! I got it home, wrapped some yellow paracord around the handle, and it looks really cool! I just bought it because I wanted it!!! :devil:

Torky455

Newly Enlightened
I finally gave in to a Nitecore EA4 XML2-U2 that I.S. had on closeout for $39. 950 lumens on 4 Eneloops, and pretty crazy throw for such a small light. It's be nice if it had a lower low, but I have multiple Zebralights to cover that. I got one for a friend, then talked my cousin into one..about 30 seconds before I decided I really "needed" one. :whistle:

bluebonnet

Newly Enlightened
A Fenix LD41 that REI had on closeout for $54.00! I got it home, wrapped some yellow paracord around the handle, and it looks really cool! I just bought it because I wanted it!!! :devil:
Mine gets a lot of use, a dependable light. Good luck with your purchase.

markr6

Flashaholic
Zebralight SC600wII and H52w both came together. Great lights with perfect neutral white tints. Very pleased! I purchased the H52w to update my H51w, and the SC600wII since I heard so many good things about it. Didn't really need another 18650 torch, but the UI keeps me coming back to Zebralights.