What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I answered the door to my Tk75vn killerthrow, d40avn, and Mx25l3vn. All great lights. Of course the TK75vn is amazing, but the Mx25l3vn is very nice. The UI is very nice with both side and tail switch. Mtg2 gives a great beam with the op reflector. I can see why they both are 5 star vn's :D

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Several at the same time. Microstream V2 because every time I get one it seems to run away from home sooner or later. A couple Photon Micros cause I like them. I clipped one to my 'possibles bag' and the other one I'm going to clip to the zipper pull on a Lands End fleece pullover that I particularly like to wear. An Eveready penlight cause that is what my son mentioned he would like to have for an EDC. Kinda fills out the range of my TM11, EA4W, Seraph 6, and ProTac EMS, doesn't it.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a big Oveready/torch lab fan, but I just ordered two sportac triple p60 nichia 219 drop-ins. The price is too good to pass up. Two single high mode nichia 219 triples ($65 shipped for both) vs one h1n TL drop-in $172 shipped (the torchlab drop-in does use the awesome lux boards.)

IMightBeWrong

Newly Enlightened
EB1 Backup because I prefer the 1x123 platform with a clip for a primary EDC light and I really like the SF pocket clip and the 2-stage UI. I also REALLY like lights that use optics to maximize the possible throw.

I also have a Peak Eiger in a stainless key lug body with a Nichia 219 small head, narrow optic emitter on the way. I have had an Eiger in neutral before and I really liked it. Gave it away as well as a knife on another forum for a giveaway with the intention of getting another in Hi CRI at some point which is what I'm doing. Great lights, love the QTC, and I like that Peak lights are made in my home state (Robyn hand delivered my Logan since she lives nearby, nice lady!) and how versatile they are. They'll take any cell you want them to and they give you tons of options and they use OPTICS which I love as I previously mentioned. :)

goodooboy

Newly Enlightened
That sounds like another ME, haha. Yes, I can sometimes find out very great deal from eBay auctions. And my last purchase is from Cabelas. Zap stick, US$44.99. Cant wait to get it!
My last purchase was a couple of hours ago, a Surefire U2 that i just bought because it was super cheap on Ebay :grin2:
... gotta love auctions sometimes![/QUOTE]

kwik9

Newly Enlightened
Just received a Thrunite Archer 1a. It looked like it would be a good combination of brightness, toughness, decent UI, and lower price. It is! :)

JedSmith

Newly Enlightened
L3 Illumination L10 with Nichia 219 4 mode in Orange - - - Reasons > Wanted to check out tint. Wanted to see what a really low lumen mode is like. I like orange colored gear for visibility (have lost plenty of black & camo colored stuff !) Its a very inexpensive way to scratch the flashaholic itch for a new light. From what I've read on CPF, it may be inexpensive, - but isn't 'cheap' garbage.

GrooveRite

Enlightened
L3 Illumination L10 with Nichia 219 4 mode in Orange - - - Reasons > Wanted to check out tint. Wanted to see what a really low lumen mode is like. I like orange colored gear for visibility (have lost plenty of black & camo colored stuff !) Its a very inexpensive way to scratch the flashaholic itch for a new light. From what I've read on CPF, it may be inexpensive, - but isn't 'cheap' garbage.

When I show my L10 219 to non-flashoholics and tell them the price, they look at me like I'm crazy to spend that much. They look at me even more strangely when I tell that that its one of the least expensive ones I have! :lolsign:

GregY

Newly Enlightened
I bought an Ultrafire 502b with 5 mode XM-L2 dropin. Mainly because I hadn't bought a new light in a really long time, and I needed a little extra to get an Amazon order up to the free shipping cutoff. :laughing:

It's not anywhere near as bad as I feared. Now I think I'm going to build a P60 light for real.

UnderPar

Enlightened
FourSevens Quark QT2L-X with burst mode. I really want this light.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

JulianP

Enlightened
Just received a Nitecore SRT7 and a Thrunite TN32. The SRT was for the novelty value, but it turned out to be a great thrower for the size, and very versatile due to the ring selector. I don't think I'll ever use the police mode because I don't want to be arrested. The red and green provide very little illumination, but can make a good traffic light.

The TN32 is just pure throw fun. I live near a sea cliff and I just like looking at the surf 200m below, during dark and stormy nights.

Maximus2405

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved the Nitecore P16

My Olight M21 (4 years of service) Warrior is dying slowly. The M21's led is slowly getting dimmer and dimmer. Currently putting out a 100 lumens. So my boss just bought me a Nitecore P16, Nitecore 2600 battery’s and Nitecore i4 charger. I like everything about this light except for a yellow donut and a little bit longer than the M21. These minor things don't bother me much. The P16 is truly an exceptional light. It has good throw, with a decent spill. I use moonlight mode in the morning and night, and the other 2 lower modes for working on servers and pc's, and high mode for up in the ceiling and dark rooms.

I use it almost daily. I am usually up in the ceilings inspecting things and running cable. Sometimes in dark rooms with no power. I use it right before bed and when i wake up (moonlight mode) as to not wake up the Mrs. I also use it when working on the wife’s automobile, you know oil changes, radiator flushes, rebuilding front end, shocks, window doesn’t roll up, heater core (in the dash and a pain in the a$$) swap, power steering pump, spark plugs, Fuel pump, and coil pack swaps.

Ishango

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
In the past few days I bought a lot of (too many?) lights, now I've put myself on a flashlight diet. I ordered a Olight S20, Olight SR51 and a Solarforce L2M 2012 Version Black with a Solarforce drop-in ITC 880 Lumens U2 XM-L 5 mode LED for L2 series. The latter will be my first separate body and drop-in. I hope to find a few nice bodies and drop-ins to mix and match in the near future.

david57strat

Enlightened
I just purchased a SolarForce L2, in Gunmetal Silver, and a Sportac Triple Nichia 219 drop-in for it, because I like the look of the finish, I'm a huge SolarForce L2 Series fan, and this is my first triple Nichia drop-in. The price was right, so...

JedSmith

Newly Enlightened
When I show my L10 219 to non-flashoholics and tell them the price, they look at me like I'm crazy to spend that much. They look at me even more strangely when I tell that that its one of the least expensive ones I have! :lolsign:

LOL ! I know what you mean. This would likely really blow their minds . . . after getting the orange 4 mode L10 with Nichia 219, I bought another one in natural (dark gray) in 3 mode. The orange one is for late night use, while the 3 mode natural is for day time or when my night vision hasn't kicked in. I absolutely love the tint. And they are terrific bargains IMO.

Shaquanda

Newly Enlightened
I bought a TK35 I work in security and need something I can carry and light up at distance the poly stinger they issue goes on sometimes when the radio transmits or recives, I had a TK11 which worked but I wanted more light. Since I have both AW 18650s in the TK11 and it wears holes in pockets I wanted a small EDC so I bought a TK15 for my key chain.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a second Sunwayman C20C for use as a modding host.

This one I plan to make the following mods:
1. Replace driver and switch. New driver will be a modified Nanjg 105c with Radio Shack momentary tact switch on a 20mm contact plate. I plan to remove all the 7135 chips and replace with a FET. Will run on DrJones lumodrv firmware.
2. Replace emitter with triple XP-G2 on Noctigon direct copper star. Inside of the emitter compartment is about 18mm.... just slightly too narrow for the 20mm star. I'll probably file off the edges of the star, but depending on how the optic fits I may end up filing off the inside of the emitter compartment.
3. Since the new reflector will be much shallower, I'll need to raise up the star. Will likely do this by stacking copper disks to work as a heatsink and then gluing them with arctic silver or arctic alumina below the star.
4. I will replace the reflector with a Carclo 10511 triple TIR. I'll polish the light frosting off the front to give more throw.
5. Solder braid both tailcap and driver springs. Will run the light on Panasonic 20r INR high discharge cells.

If all goes well, this should be a nice pocket rocket. With the FET mod, the light should run near direct drive... over 7 amps on one cell, while still having access to lower modes.

Once it's done I'll compare it to the C20C I modded last month, which is running at 3.04 amps with a 5000k MTG2 emitter on 2x Efest IMR 18350 cells.