What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The brand spanking new Streamlight ProTac HL4.

Why?
2200, 600 or 60 lumens using primaries or 18mm's.
I guess what caused me to actually buy a first run of a new product was the $99 sale until 4/24 at Brite Guy.

Eh, plus I dig low serial numbers.

ven

Flashaholic
The brand spanking new Streamlight ProTac HL4.

Why?
2200, 600 or 60 lumens using primaries or 18mm's.
I guess what caused me to actually buy a first run of a new product was the $99 sale until 4/24 at Brite Guy.

Eh, plus I dig low serial numbers.

:naughty: would this maybe be the highest output light the fixer has!

Parrot Quack

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got a MH20GT but at A&A deal for the day. Was looking for an EDC thrower. Still looking. I find it just a little too big for every day pocket carry. It's fine in my jacket or for pocket use if I KNOW I will need throw. Of course the trouble is I seldom know in advance when I will need a flashlight let alone which type. I still haven't 100% decided whether I will keep it. Should have more time to play with it this weekend

Will Vinh mod it for you, making it more floody and maybe more throwie?

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wanting some copper bling, also wanted some Nichia 219b samples, and I didn't have a size AA light. And, I didn't want to break the bank, so I looked for deals on small, already inexpensive lights. Here's the 4 lights coming...

Eagletac D25A, Nichia 219B (AA)
Astrolux SC, Cu, XPL-HI (AA)
Lumintop Worm, Cu, Nichia 219B (AAA)
Astrolux A01, Cu, Nichia 219B (AAA)

Grand total, with a couple 10440 & a couple 14500 batteries, was $135 (US).

So, I got copper, got AA, got Nichia, & didn't break the bank. 👍

bykfixer

Flashaholic
:naughty: would this maybe be the highest output light the fixer has!

Candella, no.
Lumens, yup X 2.2 as my highest to date is a 1000 lumen PK light.

I have a couple of Dorcy million candle power halogen spotlights from days gone by.
Thinking about a Streamlight LED spotlight at some point. Lots more run time than those Dorcy lights.

Much smaller than a spotlight.

Based on the 2 pictured 18650's I speculate it's about the size of this 2aa Rayovac. And not much larger than some baby cop lights.

After it arrived edit:
About the size of a Mag 2C.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
UST Splash-flash LED light (black body)

I realized that a small light that can be used as a beacon to let drivers behind me know I'm there, might come in handy in a disaster situation. One in which I might have to grab my GHB (Get Home Bag). And hoof it on foot. Something I can clip to one of the (in my case) decorative stylish loops on the front of my bag (the back when it's strapped to me). Should work on a military-style bag where those loops are actually functional.

Two things though.... One, I know from past experience that this particular light is not the most durable. (To put it mildly.) But for that particular task, it should work without any issues. Also, none of my EDC lights have an S.O.S. mode. The UST light, does. If I need real help, I at least have an extra option. Not for signaling drivers. But campers or hikers might see it in a rural setting.

Two, the small carabiner clip that comes with it is too small for loop attachment. Needs to be replaced right away. No big deal as a cheap non-climbing generic carabiner is like $1.oo in most places.

Last edited:

LEDMaster2003_V2

Newly Enlightened
Haven't been on here in ages! Anyways Mine was the Bushnell Pro 600 lumen model. Knurling is very noticeable, B/C of the barrel's shape. Also has a good strike bezel.

davyro

Enlightened
Ordered the new Nitecore MH20GT ,I love my original MH20 but Nitecore brought the new GT version that happens to throw 362metres.So for all the goodness of the original MH20 & to be
able to throw 362m I had to order one.....it also happens to be tax return time which made the decision to buy even easier:grin2:

Chinook

Newly Enlightened
pretty much the opposite here...I got the MH20GT and love the form and UI and long throw
I just ordered the MH20NW to check out the tint and the "floodier" beam
I figure to offer my wife her choice for dog walking...
though in the past she has gone for the "see 'em first, kill 'em first"

SV_huMMer

Newly Enlightened
The last one was Fenix RC09.

Why?

Small and light
Rechargeable
(!!!) 22.1mm head = compatibility with my collection of on-head accessories for the (now deceased :() LD-20.

I know, this (head diameter) could be the finniest reason to buy a flashlight, but hey - that's what I did :grin2:

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
i got these two,the surefire 6p i ended up boring out for 18650 and swap out its tail-cap with a 6PX two click one and added sloarforce dropin,and got this E1L used and replaced its tail-cap with a newer E1D TC. for one of the best EDC's i own for night walks,learned most of this stuff hear on the forum.http://

knyt_crawlr

Newly Enlightened
Picked up both a Fenix PD35 2014 Version and a Nitecore P12 2015 Version yesterday. Like both lights but for different reasons. And I like the different features on each of the lights too. A P12GT and a PD35 TAC arrive next week so I can truly compare all 4 of these great lights to each other. Finally branching out to different brands and models after years of Streamlight and SureFire lights only.

Chinook

Newly Enlightened
pretty much the opposite here...I got the MH20GT and love the form and UI and long throw
I just ordered the MH20NW to check out the tint and the "floodier" beam
I figure to offer my wife her choice for dog walking...
though in the past she has gone for the "see 'em first, kill 'em first"
--------------
I was surprised...she chose the NW over the GT
said the overall illum (spread) was preferable to the far reach of the GT

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam EC50vn cw dome on.

One 26650 and one XHP70 emitter. What kind of 26650 battery? The kind of 26650 as recommended by Vinh.

This item has a very attractive power/size ratio. More compact than 3 x 18650, and with plenty of lumens for the size. This is currently what I am excited about. I want something such as this for my nascent collection.

I will use the smaller Olight S2 more often; and my larger lights have more "Wow!" factor, but I want to keep the mid-size portion of my collection up to date by adding exciting items.

When it arrives, I will post in the First Impressions thread for this item, located in another section of this forum.

jdrake

Newly Enlightened
Acebeam EC50vn cw dome on.

One 26650 and one XHP70 emitter. What kind of 26650 battery? The kind of 26650 as recommended by Vinh.

This item has a very attractive power/size ratio. More compact than 3 x 18650, and with plenty of lumens for the size. This is currently what I am excited about. I want something such as this for my nascent collection.

I will use the smaller Olight S2 more often; and my larger lights have more "Wow!" factor, but I want to keep the mid-size portion of my collection up to date by adding exciting items.

When it arrives, I will post in the First Impressions thread for this item, located in another section of this forum.

I too am interested in Acebeam's EC50, but then I saw this thread and am reconsidering: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?418616-Acebeam-EC50-initial-impressions

ven

Flashaholic
Big vinh to look after baby vinhs.......

Nice neutral tint, 8000+lim and 500kcd

Not fully tested yet with no time or weather , hopefully soon and stretch its legs. Nothing I don't like about it, the size,build ,all adds to the rc40vnT attraction for me. Drivervnx2 for lots of mode flexibility and the 6 standard cells in the pack swapped for 10a 3500mah to give it a helping hand.

Thats it for a bit now, time to enjoy what I have !