What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Nutdip

Newly Enlightened
I received a $30.00 coupon code from Zappos.com today. I didn't need any shoes or clothing so I typed in "flashlight" just in case. Sure enough! They had 1 Black Diamond Ember left. Snapped it up for 20 bucks and free one day shipping. :) USB Charge, can use to charge your phone/device, 150 to 1 lumen dimming with touch sensitive switch (can turn off at rear so it won't activate accidentally) Nice hoop end to hang it places. Looks purdy cool. I should get it day after tomorrow as I just completed the order. It's for sale for 30 bucks. lol (Just kidding.)

7hZugZL.png

Last edited:

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumintop sent me a brass one to test. I'll be curious to see what you think of the SS. It's simple but fairly impressive. But HEAVY. If the batteries died you could just throw it at someone like a weapon.

Ha! Exactly the same I thought while weighing Astrolux SC in my hand :D Properly aimed it can definitely knock out an opponent :)

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TN-36,,,, just because I want to be able to see whats going on around me without panning a flashlight all over the place,,,, it worked!! Plus finding a guy who bought it for its lumens thinking he would have a super thrower and not even wanting a flood, he was calling it junk said his 1100 lumen light would throw farther,,,,DU!! so he offered it with 4 brand new 3400 Thrunite 18650 cells and everything he got with it but the holster for $115.00,,,,, guess I'll just have to make doe with the TN-36 instead of getting the Mini 30 I was going to buy,,,,,,, I like finding people like this,,,,:twothumbs
IMG_9779-SM_zpsbelw1ulv.jpg

Heck of a deal (I have one too).

It's odd that someone looking for throw would spend that much without doing any research. Lucky for you tho!

lacrimosa

Newly Enlightened
Astrolux Copper SC. Why? I love copper. It's a disease. Plus, the flashlight seems to have reviewed relatively well and has a lot of lumens for the size.

Ishango

Enlightened
I ordered the Nitecore EA11. I used to have the EA1 and was not impressed. I gave it away to a friend who was very pleased with it. Now the interface seems to be improved and I wanted a new light with a side switch.

Last edited:

canonite

Newly Enlightened
Last unit received Nitecore SRT 7 (last week). Awaiting SRT 3 tomorrow ....

Been looking at the SRT 7 ever since I bought my first NC P12... The SRT was on 'sale' so I bought it and added the SRT 3 as a companion/backup. The SRT 3 was because of the same UI as the SRT 7 and the fact that it accepted a wide range of batteries from Li-ion (16340,14500;CR123) to NiMH (envelops) to alkaline, albeit at the expense of distance and power...

Last edited:

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
​Malkoff SHO. I got it a couple of weeks ago. I don't think I posted about it. A friend mentioned that he tended to only use one level, it got me thinking; I do the same. So, I thought I would get a SHO.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Skilhunt DS16. It's a 500 lumen 1xAA light similar to a Sunwayman C15r.

I purchased it as a possible mod host. My plan is to convert it to a triple XPL HI with a FET driver, powered by a Samsung 30Q 18650 (I hope to bore out the battery tube with my Dremel). I figure max output on a fresh cell should be 3,000 lumens. Will obviously get very hot very fast at full power.

I expect to handle the actual mechanics of the mod similarly to my modded Sunwayman C10R single 18500 triple. I plan to mount the new driver in front of the LED shelf. Use of a 7mm thick Carclo triple optic frees up space in the optic compartment for the driver. The space previously used by the stock driver can then be used to accommodate a longer cell.

Last edited:

CLHC

Flashaholic
SureFire Titan Plus. I wanted/needed(?) a small[ish] pocketable EDC[able] illuminator, and because I simply wanted it. That's all! :grin2:

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
I posted I bought a couple of Olight's back in February. .....
I have added a ThruNite TC12, Nitecore HC30, another Maglite 3 D-cell and just ordered a ThruNite TN4A. ...... All since my last post in this thread. Darn addiction.
When will I see the light?

Lateck,

CLHC

Flashaholic
Latest LED purchase, SF.SideKick

K0bTJxkl.jpg

KO5xQSTl.jpg

Because I simply wanted another SF LED carry on my person. That's all. :D

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
a fenix PD35 and some surefire's 6P's,but i think i'm more of a spyderco knife guy!as i really like collecting them a lot more then the flashlights these days!but i seem to always come back hear looking around!!:ohgeez:

BloodLust

Enlightened
Jetbeam Mini-1. Stainless Steel. 100 lumens high. I forgot the lumens on low. USB rechargeable. Similar to the MEC Army.

13055300_10154062872888433_5638350653449106217_n.jpg

Fenix LD02 and E12.
The E12 was sipposed to be my wifes, but she liked the LD02 size better.
It worked out well since my minimalist light is the Mini-1 and I keep the E12 as my light in my carryon baggage since I fly and stay in different countries on a weekly basis. It turns on in low so I don't disturb the other passenger in the cabin and it doesn't look too threateningnor tactical since it doesn't have a crenelated bezel.
12974403_10154044332668433_7598499050894217760_n.jpg

Last edited:

canonite

Newly Enlightened
NC EA11 , because I had NC NL147s which didn't work in my SRT3.. And not wanting to be stuck with batteries I don't have use for, I bought something that could use them..

harro

Enlightened
An Acebeam K60, for that XHP70 and 5klms, if only for a few minutes at a time. I like the form of the larger flooders and throwers, and the next purchase will be a K70 ( then a rest as thats my torch budget blown to kingdom come, for this year! ).

:(