What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Details please Walker. VME head? What body? As for me I have been given a second chance at love as Scout24 has graciously decided to sell me one of his Vihn warm Nichia modded E01s. I can't wait to give it a squeeze.

Not much to say. I got the following in the mail:

MD1 body & MD1.5 Body
MDX 22.3 Head
H/L switch modified for M31s
Tailcap
m31w.

Put it all together and the hope is for a bomb proof omnivore single battery light for EDC or the pack. My primary concern is to have a light inside my BOB or pack which is as bomb proof as possible. This way I can pack other options which are higher output/more modes/whatever and know I won't be night hiking to camp or back to the truck in the dark if the wiz bang light goes down. If course a M61 (pick the L and tint) inside a MD2 or P60 host would accomplish that but can't always pocket those and don't always use CR123/16650/18650 based headlamps etc etc.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
Recieved my oldskool inova xo3. Funny cause i never really know what im getting when i buy these cheap on fleabay. Anyhows turns out its a brand new 82 lumen optic beast

Last edited:

Tixx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D4 - because anybody who is into flashlights cannot leave this one off their "must have" list.

dhunley1

Enlightened
Do drop-in's count? I purchase the Malkoff M61NLL as I wanted something with practical output and great runtime. I have the M61LLL Nichia 219b v2, but I prefer Cree over Nichia, so I'm looking forward to receiving it.

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
Last flashlight I bought was my mcgizmo mule! :)

345830159a460679bf7144c9ad7b16b9.jpg

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beautiful McGizmo Krumbbs1976. Today I got my second Four Sevens S-12, and my new Nitecore SRT9(awesome). The S-12 is stock, as I have an S-12VN that is powerful, but the tint is a little too green for my liking. The stock S-12 has a beautiful tint, and I will do a bit of modding to beef it ups brightness. The SRT9 is really nicely done-love the ring and well defined options.
Also got my second BLF Q8...5,000 Lumens and as far as I am concerned the NarsilM firmware provides the best UI currently available!

HughJorgan

Newly Enlightened
I say again, I need to unsubscribe from gearbest's deal thread, I keep buying stuff...

Just pulled the trigger on an Imalent DX80. The deal was too good to pass up. Now I'll get to see what 32000 lumens coming from my hand looks like.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
NIB inova x5 green . I don't have a real green, this was cheap and adds to my growing x5 collection.

sc00ts19

Newly Enlightened
My previous EDC was an Elzetta Alpha with the high low tailcap. I sold it and bought Atactical A1S NW and a Zebralight H53c.
UpqHtdb.jpg

I need a dedicated high output momentary forward clicky for my CCW. I found myself several times using the alpha on low and not setting it back to high. The A1S now lives on turbo and carries much better in the back pocket than the alpha. The H53c handles all the normal edc duties and the moonlight lows make it a perfect nightstand light. I also keep the ZL headband in my edc bag and a second elastic one I made in my nightstand for reading.

Running edc lights with rechargeable cells is also something new for me and I dig it!

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Olight S Mini in bead blasted Ti. Because I’ve wanted (not needed) a light in Ti to match my ring, watch and Ti slab knives I regularly wear and carry. Turns out it’s a great light and carries easy. Neutral white tint is excellent on it too.

First world problems.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Olight S Mini in bead blasted Ti. Because I’ve wanted (not needed) a light in Ti to match my ring, watch and Ti slab knives I regularly wear and carry. Turns out it’s a great light and carries easy. Neutral white tint is excellent on it too.

First world problems.

I just purchased a second bead blast Smini myself. I like the older S1s UI a bit better but have gotten used to the Smini and found that I was carrying it quite a bit so I grabbed another one before they are gone.
The other lights are a handful of different single cell models from 4Sevens.PK Knight,PK Paladin,Atom ALR2 and Rainbow TI Mini Mk II, too good of deals to pass up at the clearance prices and nice additions for my collection.All combined, kind of blows out my budget so I think I may be done for this year. :broke:

Last edited:

U2v5

Newly Enlightened
TorchLAB BOSS 70 in satin black. Amazing form factor, construction, design and performance. I’ve had extensive experience with my v5 dropin and decided to seize a BOSS during the most recent release. Nothing but smiles. [emoji4]

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
In the space of three weeks:

Malkoff MD2 with M61N

Malkoff M61HOT

Malkoff M61T

It's possible that I'm a junkie. Fortunately, I have a gracious wife who tolerates me.

XR6Toggie

Newly Enlightened
Elzetta Charlie C133. I need a light for my work belt that is reliable, tough, simple to operate and puts out a lot of light. The hi/lo mode operated with the twisty switch and no multiple clicks required is a big plus for me.