What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Dr. Prepare LED Work Light with Magnetic Base, 400-Lumen Rechargeable Flashlight, 4000mah COB Inspection Work Light with Built-in Power Bank, for Car Repair, Garage, Household, Emergency

Today I had a plumber working on his back and side under my kitchen sink to replace some gate valves with ball valves, and the faucet which managed to break internally, and was leaking.

I gave him the above light to work with, and when he was finished I showed him how it could ramp up and down, that it is rechargeable, and can be used as a power bank to recharge his phone which had just gone dead.

I gave it to him as a tip. He was delighted. :)

So now I have to replace it.
The order is already placed. :)

Let it shine

Newly Enlightened
Zebra Light sc700d.
39FB38F8-6EA6-4AC4-BC62-1244883C7362.jpeg
E378AC48-1AFE-4565-9FBD-190E264B655C.jpeg
1669C9EE-4BCC-4418-A9FC-8A99F4F19F96.jpeg
Held-off for 2yrs because weary about grumblings of greenish tint and battery rattle.

Now that it’s in-hand, it feels amazing.
Its look and feel - awesome.
Is it a little greenish? Yeah. Noticeable about 50% of the time.
I’ve been spoiled by 4000k hi cri.

Battery rattle? non-existent during routine, mundane use. Only constant shaking makes it noticeable. Nothing a UI cheatsheet, poem or contact info slip can’t fix.

It has left the house with me every evening since acquiring it a week ago. It’s indeed the most “flashlighty” light, as ZeroAir aptly described it.

It’s a real joy.
E60C2010-4268-4D1E-ADF9-02C3376ABAE2.jpeg

Attachments

• 4CA0A137-EAD2-4915-B897-7814D632F740.jpeg
    4CA0A137-EAD2-4915-B897-7814D632F740.jpeg
    225.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 4F742EB6-C6FE-4F75-A72B-B93C283E343C.jpeg
    4F742EB6-C6FE-4F75-A72B-B93C283E343C.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 24

ledbetter

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I also purchased the Mag Tac 2 this week. UPS says it will be delivered tomorrow. I also did another impulse purchase from Amazon and got two Acebeam Pokelit AA's. I am really liking these little lights.
I have been a Mag Fan for years so I hope I like the new Mag Tac 2!!
Thanks for the Acebeam Pokelit aa recommendation. 20 bucks for a forward clicky neutral aa/14500 with a battery is a good deal. Cool features are firm clicky, floody high cri beam, and no goofy ui’s, just l/m/h with memory. That means no strobe or sos! I don’t buy PRC stuff too often but this makes a good gift, back up light, or glove box light. And with the 14500 battery, it puts out a good amount of light for a short time. I might get a few more.
3E1C4B09-E4A7-4650-8BF0-C6070098B001.jpeg

bridgman

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
One easy answer (Maglite ML25LT 2C) and one not-so-easy answer (LumensFactory Seraph 9P TurboHead with LED module and D26 head among a bunch of other useful bits). Also picked up a Seraph 6P host but that probably doesn't count because it's not LED until I drop in an LED module.

The Maglite looks to be a perfect do-it-all truck light, working alongside an SF G2X Pro. Less flood, more spot and rechargeable (EBL NiMH C cells). I was running the G2X on a single 16650 which worked really well but went back to CR123's for better temperature tolerance... IOW when I need to use a light for a while I'll pick the Maglite but when I need a light that always works no matter how awful the climate has been I have the SF with CR123's.

I picked up the Seraph 9P because I was running too many different D26 modules through my poor old SF Z2 and really wanted a longer host to run 2x 18500's since I had accumulated a bunch of them. I'm fairly happy with the LF HO-4 incandescent module running off a single 17670 but really preferred the HO-9 even if I had to run it off a couple of 16340 cells with low run time. Moving to a 3 x CR123 host makes room for a couple of 18500's and considerably longer runtime.

The Seraph comes with a tailcap that includes a rim around the button to support tailstanding, but I used the Z2 enough to really enjoy the unencumbered button... so in addition to a McClicky switch for the 9P I also picked up a couple of Z41 knockoff tailcaps with the McClicky switch already installed. Might end up putting the McClicky upgrade into the Z2 but not sure yet if those words even make sense together.

After realizing that the 9P came with a generic TurboHead plus a D36 LED module (rather than a fixed LED-only head) I ordered a couple of extra D36 incan drop-ins as well... SR-9L, HO-9L and EO-9L if I remember correctly. That should give me enough bulbs for all of my flashlights to dump a bunch of extra work on whoever has to deal with my estate when the time comes. Guess I should include a reference to CPF in my will.

(I'm actually only in my 60's but there has been a huge flock of blackbirds hanging around my house and yard for the last week or so and it has me a bit spooked)

Last edited:

Climb14er

Enlightened
Just purchased two more Zebralights that were on back order and now in stock. The SC64 LE and the SC600 MkIV Plus. Two excellent lights to go along with my first Gen SC600, SC52cw, SC62cw and girlfriend’s SC64Hi. I use lights everywhere and everyday and Zebralights have never failed me in over ten years.

Last edited:

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I bought a like new surefire stiletto pro for $132. Love the regular stiletto so we’ll see what the pro is all about, at that price I was more than happy to try it.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I bought a like new surefire stiletto pro for $132. Love the regular stiletto so we’ll see what the pro is all about, at that price I was more than happy to try it.
I have both. Ironically, I found the Non-Pro version quite a bit more comfortable to hold. Maybe due to the slight difference in thickness.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Stiletto pro came in today. On high the pro is significantly more bright than the regular. We’ll see how runtime compares because the regular holds its 650 lumens for a good 40ish minutes. I’d be surprised if the pro comes close to that long of regulation with its 1000 lumens. The pro has more beam intensity also which is very noticeable on all modes and has better grip due to the extra width it has over the regular. The usb cover on the pro is also a notable improvement, much less likely to get snagged open when clipping it to your pocket. In all I’m very pleased with the pro.

B6765554-81A0-4A7E-BEDE-421985EFA389.jpeg

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wurkkos TS10, because they are a great little EDC.

5A7lH6r.jpg

I reflashed the Anduril 2 firmware to kill the Aux bugs, and add lower lows of 0.01 lumens..

More pics here
my favorite Anduril light..

Last edited:

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
68489411102__C4B51B7E-A3D9-44D6-985B-0D2D754B1AC7.fullsizerender.jpeg

The two on the right. Why? They're both unusual 4Sevens lights. The black one is a prototype and the one on the right is a twin to the other vhin mod.

The coffee cups were a gift from the ladies at our bank. The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner and I were there yesterday conducting some business when I stated - "Today is our 37th wedding anniversary. If you have any toasters back there you should give us one." Everyone within earshot laughed and in a few seconds, the cups were offered with congratulations.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The coffee cups were a gift from the ladies at our bank. The Lovely Mrs. Gardiner and I were there yesterday conducting some business when I stated - "Today is our 37th wedding anniversary. If you have any toasters back there you should give us one." Everyone within earshot laughed and in a few seconds, the cups were offered with congratulations.
Sooo.... no free toaster? 😁

Congrats on finding a person willing to put up with you for 37 years. (y)

I miss the days banks gave away stuff. Nowadays you're lucky if they have a bowl of super cheap lollipops as freebies. We used to have a free quartz Grand-mother clock in the old apartment for many years. Dad got it for attending a time-share seminar that lasted three hours. Brought us with him.

scalpel_ninja

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
First Convoy purchase in years. The T3 is a mini S2+, but in titanium and with a nice warm 3000K 519a. Probably going to keep the dome on as I like the tint and even mid-range beam; no need for this one to throw.

CD1E7E88-E609-4262-BBE5-C871186C07C3.jpeg

3_gun

Enlightened
Acebeam EC65 & TK16 cu, both used & to good of a deal to pass up on eBay. Both turnout to be really nice lights at great savings from MSRP.

Forgot to add a Fenix SD11 in an offline FtF local buy. Great light for camera work or flooding a room; it has no throw to speak of, none.

Last edited: