What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
The last LED light I bought was a silver 3D MagLED with the upgraded Rebel emitter. The reason why I bought it is because I like to collect LED lights with extreme throw, and I knew from what I had read on CPF that it was an incredible thrower, which is most certainly is.

0aiimag1-1.jpg

lovecpf

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never considered myself a flashaholic however I have always been facsinated by small, powerful handheld flashlights. I have owned several sized Maglites from the 6 D-cell to the little tiny, almost useless Solitare and one day saw an ad on the internet for an "ASP Triad". Everything I read about it told me I just have to have one of these lights, so I ordered one and used it for my EDC for several years. That is until I found out about LED lights and the Olight M2 Warrior Premium. After doing a lot of research and comparing it to other lights in its class I ordered one of them and it is now my EDC. Now as to where this is all heading, I'm not quite sure as my girlfriend is beginning to give me some questionable looks when she sees me perusing the flashlight sections at some of the various stores we visit. She thinks I have definitely become a flashaholic but I still stick to my story that I am not. Hmm, been thinking about that 35W Tactical HID and the Polarion lights are looking "less expensive" every time I visit their site and then there's the...............

Light me up Scotty...........Terry (I am not a flashaholic......No-No-No!!!)

TOQ, in a way you're right... I mean after all you are technically still "unenlightened" haha! Tell your girlfriend she won't see any changes yet... until you have reached your 100th post here on CPF (to achieve flashaholic status). Then that is when you start growing hair, and start howling at full moons... :crazy: :ohgeez:

Here are the pics

P7251927.jpg

P7251928.jpg

P7251931.jpg

That is actually a pretty nice light to start off with! I was originally going to say that it seems really bulky, until I scrolled down some more and realized the lantern mode you were referring to. Not bad! Atleast your first light was was a name brand... I don't even think that mine had a name... haha! I wish I still had mine... I don't even remember if it broke or if I ended up throwing it out. Actually I think the batteries I used were mixed. I had that bad habit growing up. I would always take a fresh battery and mix it with a dead battery (the flashlight was 2D), thinking it would prolong my battery stash, but I guess all it did in the long run was destroy the flashlight when the battery acid leaked out...:poof:

Last edited:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far after reading all the posts, I've noticed alot of people recently have been buying the Maratac AAA and Malkoff lights (I wonder what I am missing out on with these Malkoff lights...) :thinking:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
TOQ, Then that is when you start growing hair
uuuummmmmmmmm odd as this post I'll have thirty, yet my eyebrows, beard, and nether regions prove you to be WRONG :oops: did I really just post that? :ohgeez:

Well, judging from your avatar... you're already wolf-like... at 30 posts.... hmmm...

I would hate to see what you would look like at 500 posts... when you're a flashaholic... with an asterisk.... :nana:

dagored

Enlightened
RA Twisty 100.

After 2 Clickies, I could not pass this up. Next an RA Clicky 200.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
with an asterisk.... :nana:... :huh2:

100 posts= Flashaholic

500 posts= Flashaholic*

(If you scroll up this page, you will see angelofwar's name and avatar, he has the asterisk next to his flashaholic status because he has posted over 500 posts)

Last edited:

ankhbr

Newly Enlightened
Lumapower ConneXion X2, arrived yesterday :party:
Why?
It was the closest to the EDC light I wanted:
- Takes AA batteries
- It's floodier than average (but has a good throw for up to medium-range)
- Tailstands
- Can be turned into a full flood light if needed (by removing the head and exposing the LED)
- Multimode with a good high and a nice low mode (medium is a welcome optional for me)

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the 3rd Fenix P1D after the postal service apparently sent it on a round the world voyage. I bought one for my daughters mate as a thank you for letting me stay in their home for my triple bypass and one for myself, unfortunately mine went for a walkabout so I ordered a 3rd one just as my ex notified me it landed at my daughters house yesterday. I told her I had just ordered another one as a replacement and she asked "Can I have this one then" I think she has lost the dorcy 2 cell 123 light I gave her so naturally I said yes just read the instructions and don't lose this one LOL. It sure is fun creating new flashaholics!!!!

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone can confirm this?

Here is a little discussion on the owners of this light I had found. Also some beamshots included.
http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Default.dx/sku.20233~threadid.325257

The only thing is that they say it is not an HID light... they are claiming it was falsely advertised and is actually a halogen...
http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Default.dx/sku.20233~threadid.271543

The light seems to have a powerful beam, based on the posted beamshots.... but then again it does take 3 18650's... And if anything... this is probably a cell guzzler if it is a halogen..

TaigerSX... what is your input on this? Since you do own this light... :poke:

I guess nobody credible like Selfbuilt really tested this light out. So no really confirmed lightbox results and/or runtime charts for this light ATM...

Last edited:

chef4850

Enlightened
I appologize that htis is my first post and have been reading up for quite a while on all information. I have the uf rl-2088 light and think it is worth every $. Well made, quite bright, fair run time and came with out any flaws. I have researched all the lights that I have purchased through the CPF forums. I have used the reviews good/bad and even on this light I found mixed reviews. I still purchased the light and am very pleased with it. My hat is off to all of you for your great reviews as well as bad. I guess you have saved me some $. :twothumbs

brainy1000

Newly Enlightened
Last week I received two new Fenix: E20 and P2D. Today, another Terralux Lightstar 220 arrived.
The reasons: These are the 4th and 5th Fenix models in my collection. I really like this brand: reliable, well-constructed, never failed or blinked.
About the Terralux, as I said, is the second unit of the same model I own, this time purchased as a back-up (the original is alright, thanks). Also very well built one.

Latest posts