What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
A 3 pack of 1-aa flashlights with aspheric lens and "focusable" because they were marked down to a little bit over 2 bucks a light and I wanted to try them out.

If there was a REAL led in there they'd be pretty cool....

T

Tete

Newly Enlightened
MiniX 123 is on the way from 4 Sevens. I got the Quark X AA2 a while ago and liked it a lot. I wanted something really small, but powerful and decided to try this one out...
It'll be my first 123...

W

WriteAway

Newly Enlightened
I added a Fenix E05 R2 (based on many favorable opinions of this light here) to finish off a Home Depot Xmas gift card. Mine arrived with a near microscopic blemish above the serial number where dust must have gotten through or something. It's loaded with an Energizer Advanced lithium AAA and it's small and bright for my pocket carry needs!

F

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sunwayman V10R xml.

Very nice light that I've been EDCing that last couple months. Unfortunately, I just broke it today :(.

Before it broke the brightness control ring was excellent. At its lowest it was a very low low (dimmer than the lowest low on my Zebralights), and then would smoothly ramp to full brightness.

Unfortunately, today I accidentally put the the battery (IMR 16340) in backwards and then hit the power switch. The light didn't turn on, and I clicked the power off when I realized what had happened. The light couldn't have been in the on position for more than 2 seconds.

Sadly, 2 seconds of the battery in the wrong orientation was enough to break the light. It still works... but the tuning on the control ring is now all messed up. The lowest setting is now much dimmer than even the default lowest setting. I can't even tell its on unless I look directly into the led from short range in a completely dark room. As I turn the control ring towards high, the light continues to stay quite low. The first 2/3 of the ring now gradually bring it from barely visible at close range in a dark room to perhaps 10 lumens. Then about 2/3 of the way through the turn it turns almost instantly to max. Now it ramps from maybe 5% brightness to 100% over a just a couple millimeters of turn.

Technically, the light still works. It still runs at max brightness, and its lowest low is actually even dimmer than when it wasn't broken. But because the light no longer evenly ramps up it's extremely difficult to get just the right brightness setting. Never NEVER put in the battery the wrong way in this light. It might even be a good idea to install a plastic or foam washer to protect against incorrect battery installation.

Last edited:
NoFair

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've put a plastic ring around the contact in the head of my V10R AE and V10A. This prevents any damage from an improperly inserted battery.

Just got a M20C Neutral T5 XM-L today. Great light and the Surefire C-series beamshaper fits perfectly.

Last edited:
T

thedeske

Enlightened
Xeno E03 (black and purple) for use around the shop and as an around town light in a tool kit I
use for installing cabinets and electronics. A 2.5 year old LD10 seems to get more use than any other
light. Something about the size fits my work routine. The idea of the same body size and more light
finally compelled me to try this interesting model. So far, so good. It has a long way to go before proving
itself in the durability department, but it's one hell of a step up with a 14500 cell.

M

MikeF

Enlightened
I just ordered a Surefire p2X Fury. It won't be the last light I purchase but at 500 Lumens on high it will be a decent upgrade from the Surefire LX2 I've been carrying since it was new. it should be here Tuesday.

Monocrom

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Supporter
My old Micro Touch trimmer finally gave up the ghost. Surprised it lasted this long.

Bought the "upgraded" Micro Touch Max trimmer. Wow! Yeah, it's bigger. But the construction quality is even crappier than that of the original. Plus, the longer head actually doesn't shave as close as the smaller original one used to.

The new one though does incorporate a single LED in its construction. Very gimmicky. Output very Angry Blue. But the light does work.

A

autobotguy

Newly Enlightened
I recently bought an Olight i1 EOS as my EDC. Works perfect and is just the right size! Only thing that kinda bugs me is the green tint of the hot spot. My co-workers are amazed at the amount of light this little light emits. ^_^

onalandline

onalandline

Newly Enlightened
Sunwayman M10R based on the great reviews and sale price with free shipping.

Ishango

Ishango

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I ordered the Preon P0 from Foursevens. Nice small light with modes I think I would like a lot.

josean

josean

Newly Enlightened
I am currently waiting to receive a JetBeam BA20. I like the simple two mode interface, as well as the fact of using AA batteries.
I am also considering to buy a 4xAA light but I am still trying to decide which one to choose.

A

A10K

Newly Enlightened
I bought a 2-pack of CE TECH "Tactical Style Flashlights" from Home Depot, on sale. I then promptly used a rotary tool to slice the reflector in half, removed the CREE XP-C emitter for use in other projects, and soldered two leads onto the 3xAAA holder to use in a reading light project. The other light of the pair is also lying around with a flat sheet of cardboard with a tiny hole in it for a head, to use as a flat testing surface for a veritable mass grave of mangled reflectors on my desk. The half-reflectors are going to a bike light project... as far as the last flashlight I've kept intact? 3 Romisen RV-235's for bike lighting... but that was months ago...

N

Nightman

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens Mini AA
I needed a new EDC light and there aren't many to choose from when you need them to be small, bright, easy to use and most important: warm tinted. I think it's going to be perfect for EDC.

R

rockatansky

Newly Enlightened
I broke open my piggy bank, cashed it all in and went crazy this week :eeksign::

4sevens Mini AA
I have been trying to decide between AAA and AA for EDC. Will see how this goes, if it's too big I might get an AAA, not sure what.

Crelant 7G5 Version 2
Hopefully throws as well as the first version, if not better. Will be used mainly for hunting and at work during winter when I get to play with water and sprinklers at 3 in the am. Depending on how it performs, I may mount it on a rifle as well.

Deerelight EZ900 XR-E R2 1SM pill + 18650 extender + a red filter; to upgrade my DBS V3 + 18650 extender + a red filter
Hoping to mount this to a rifle, will see how it performs when upgraded. It does pretty well now :naughty:.

2 Sky Ray hosts
Will swap in some XM-L's from some 501b's for slightly better heatsinking and swap the 501B's down to something cooler and keep them as emergency lights in the ute and at home.

Not LED but I also got a 12v Lightforce handheld spotlight clone

Also bought a heap of batteries and GITD rings and buttons

gollum

gollum

Enlightened
I just ordered the ZL SC600
my most used light for edc is the SC60 and its perfect for my needs
but I'm hoping the ZL SC600 is not too big or heavy compared to the ZL SC60

I am tempted to get the TM11 but its not an edc light (for me)

I would like to see more lights like the ZL series especially the forward clicky and UI

AnAppleSnail

AnAppleSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
$13 Duramax with TIR from Auto Zone to play with GITD and optics. And man, it's pretty!

HotWire

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Peak Vesuvius 10440 light. Small & bright. It will be an EDC when I get it.