What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

LedTed

Enlightened
I got a BLF / TLF FW3A. What a fun light. My hat off to everyone who made that happen; especially Fritz and ToyKeeper. Speaking of ToyKeeper, I really like the way she tweaked candle mode and play around with that mode whenever it gets dark enough to do so. Per the light itself, I really appreciate having 300 plus (for me) very useable lumens. The facts that the light tail stands and has a rear clicky is making the light a strong contender as a replacement for my current EDC light. In fact I like the FW3A enough I hope more color versions actually get produced.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Haven't received it yet but I'm trying to be patient waiting on it to get here, an Emisar (my first) D4V2 is in the US now but still a few days away from me getting my hands on it.

Why? Because I don't have a pocket burner (literally!) and this seemed like the best option.

buds224

Enlightened
Haven't received it yet but I'm trying to be patient waiting on it to get here, an Emisar (my first) D4V2 is in the US now but still a few days away from me getting my hands on it.

Why? Because I don't have a pocket burner (literally!) and this seemed like the best option.

Ordered the same one. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I already have the D4S but the V2 with the multiple aux colors is a nice touch. The smaller size will be nice too.

How long have you waited so far? Mine shipped out on July 2nd, and I have the additional Military Post to Japan wait times on top of the regular delivery times. Just trying to get an idea of how long my wait is gonna be.

srvctec

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered the same one. I can't wait to get my hands on it. I already have the D4S but the V2 with the multiple aux colors is a nice touch. The smaller size will be nice too.

How long have you waited so far? Mine shipped out on July 2nd, and I have the additional Military Post to Japan wait times on top of the regular delivery times. Just trying to get an idea of how long my wait is gonna be.
Mine shipped June 29th and is finally in USPS hands in St. Louis. I'm in the middle of Kansas, so I'm guessing I'll have it this Tuesday or Wednesday.

Vemice

Enlightened
Most recent is a NOS Jetbeam RRT 01 (previous version). Drop shipped to Vinh at Sky lumens for Nichia swap.
Why? Just wanted one.

Solarforce Blue L2P body so I would have fun drop in body to play with. Stuck a Solarforce 3 mode in it and already looking for some more P60s, probably a triple Nichia or SST variety. Grabbed an L2-ECR at the same time and legoed it up a L2M and L2-E18 to make a nice 2 x 18650 with blue head and tail on black body. And eventually settled on an 18350 with blue head and tail and black L2M body. Toys for big boys.

L2MP.jpg

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last LED light purchase was an FW3A. I got in on the 1st round, so it has the loose tailcap assembly. Some very minor QC issues but nothing glaring for the price paid. It almost displaces my Zebralight SC64c LE for top spot... but the ZL wins out on build quality. FW3A definitely wins out on the fun factor. So much you can customize with this light. I've done just a few mods but plan a few more down the road.

gBNKTT8.jpg

orZozdZ.jpg

J6xWBLM.jpg

FW3-A-minor-mods.jpg

lunas

Enlightened
Sportac xhp-35 HD single mode for my L2p host i also needed to clip off a white ring of plastic on the drop-in it kept the drop-in from contacting the flat top.

Sportac xhp-35 HD single mode for my L2p host i also needed to clip off a white ring of plastic on the drop-in it kept the drop-in from contacting the flat top.

How do you like it? Two mode?

The ring you cut off was that little white plastic around the contact point at the end, right?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last light I bought was a Fenix PD36R. It's been a while since I bought a light because nothing really really grabbed my attention. I had gone from the newest which was the FD41 and went back to the TK20R which I like better. So when I saw a PD35 size light with 1600 lumens which took over 4 times longer in turbo before it steps down, I really could not ignore that model. I came close to buying a PD35 V2.0 but I could not quite pull the trigger on it because I was happy enough with my TK20R.

I love my PD36R and it is my most favourite EDC light. I have a video playlist on my signature if you want to see my videos on the PD36R. I am really over the moon with it. For anyone who saw my video 2 outdoor, I have made a video 3 with a body camera for the recording which has much better low-light recording and really showcases the brightness modes extremely well.

I was getting bored of 1000 lumens. I feel like I have had a 1000 lumen light for YEARRRRRS. This is exactly the upgrade I have been waiting for, the upgrade I have been aching for!

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
Reylight Ti Lan AA from Drop.com.

First Nicha 219 light for me.

The only Nicha LED light I have owned that I can recall was a little Silverpoint Auro II I think it was called and took a single AA. It wasn't bad for brightness and I forget the runtime. But it's switch was a bit dodgy and didn't take too long to start flickering etc even after cleaning all the contacts.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam K75. Because of its factory specs, 2,500 meters throw and 6,300 lumens. It is on the mail on its way to me, and many reviewers have confirmed its throw spec, so I anticipate it will reach somewhat further than my other throwers.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
A rechargeable hand crank number by LifeGear, to replace my solar hand crank one that stopped holding a charge right after the light bulb blew (yes light bulb), two more 3C Maglite ML50's that were on sale for the 150+ hour runtime on eco mode, ten little Ozark Trail camping lanterns to give away and four to keep for use as electric candles, and another Maglite Solitaire LED since they seem to be going extinct in box stores and because I only had 11 nip. Now I have 12.

Primary batteries stockpile was also increased. It's hurricane season on the east coast of America again.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't help myself so I ordered a Streamlight ProTac HL 5-X USB and a PolyTac X USB (in Yellow, of course).

Should be here Thursday, can't wait to get them and see how they perform!

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I was doing so well for awhile but just fell off the wagon. Bought a Streamlight Stylus Pro and a Microstream. Wanted to get a few inexpensive, simple, and reliable AAA lights to have around the house and in the cars. These fit the bill.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I haven't bought a new light in FOREVER... I guess I have all of my needs covered and there is nothing that has excited me... the last light I bought was probably the SC600IV Plus when it first released.

Latest posts