What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I was doing so well for awhile but just fell off the wagon. Bought a Streamlight Stylus Pro and a Microstream. Wanted to get a few inexpensive, simple, and reliable AAA lights to have around the house and in the cars. These fit the bill.
And you picked up a pre-owned Zebralight SC52w too. ;)

HaileStorm

Enlightened
I bought an Olight S1R II Ti Winter last April 5 at a car show to commemorate a father-and-son's day out.

It was an impulse buy then but now I'm really glad I bought it since it's out of stock everywhere I look.

Cerealand

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used peak keychain light. After many years on here, this will be my first peak. I read good feedback on this brand.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Purchased today, should be in the mail soon:

Four-sevens MMU-X3 Vn, 3 x XHP50.2, should be four times the original factory max lumens.

Because this permanently classic item that will be forever beloved by flashoholics has now been modified to current max output standards by replacing both the emitters and the driver and the ui.

Of course, I will use max mode for short burst only, as is both realistic and usual to my liking.

Taz80

Enlightened
Acebeam H50 in Nichia, because my wife permanently borrowed my Nitecore HC30. And its a neat headlamp with great tint and CRI.
ThruNite T1 because I wanted another cap light and to try out the variable UI. The UI is pretty nice, tint isn't great but I can live with it.
ThruNite TH10 V2 because I thought it would be handy to have a thrower headlamp for walking the dog.
Folomov EDCC1 it's brass with a warm tint.
Olight I3UV just for fun.

Ermani

Newly Enlightened
The last led flashlight I purchased was Fenix UC35, Being a poultry farmer, I have to check on my poultry from time-to-time just to ensure that they are safe and sound. I always make rounds around the fence at night using the fenix uc35 to inspect if a predator has broken into my farm or not. Before I bought this light, the flashlight before didn't last long. But this one has stood the test of time and continued to provide me with a great source of light to keep watch of my investment.

jdboy

Enlightened
Lumitop FW3A in stonewashed Ti, the buildup and user interface intreiged me so I thought I needed to try one out. This is the first flashlight I've purchased in (I think) nearly 2 years. Nothing had really been on my radar or really sparked my interest enought to make me part with my money. I've had a slight issue with mine but it was easily resolved. Make no mistakes though, this is an enthusiasts flashlight and not really for noobs!

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
FW3A purple with Cree XP-L HI 1A (Cool White 6500K). Because the FW3A aluminum SST-20 4000K Neutral W 95+ CRI had such a perfect beam for trail walking. I have the 6500K in my pocket every day.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought backups to these two
7dQRM7rl.jpg

because
The CuTool is my favorite aaa host w a tailswitch
The V10r Ti is my favorite 16340 host w a tailswitch

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
(1) HDS Rotary F89HG. Because I've been fortunate to own two HDS clickies with this grail emitter. Kept the original but sold the backup. Regretted that decision. I'm a tint snob and this particular LED is my favorite. Didn't want to miss out with this emitter in rotary form.

(2) My second BLF LT1. Amazing design and unbeatable price. My favorite features are orange led switch, sweet tint, ramping, and special modes (candle and lightning). Was lucky to score one almost immediately and it's quickly become my most used light.

Last edited:

blutarsky

Newly Enlightened
I just picked up a pair of Thrunite TN4A's to compliment my TC20 and Catapult V6. I really like the TN4A's power, run times, and especially the fact that it runs on readily available AA batteries. That makes it a great disaster/emergency flashlight IMO.

ScubaSnyder

Enlightened
Mcgizmo makai with 2xcr123 body and nitecore hc35. I am a little worried about the larger battery with weight with the nitecore, but hope it helps with heat on the lower end of its power modes which I will mostly use. Housewarming/early christmas gift/ to myself. Unfortunately I wont get to use either until I get out of the hospital....wait wait wait, stir crazy...

Last edited:

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
HDS Rotary F89HG.

Perfect pairing, congrats

I also prioritize the sw45k,
Im enjoying it in a magnetic rotary for daytime EDC
in the evening Im enjoying a 3500k option..

its a good time to be a rotary tint snob ;-)

RHSSvnrl.jpg

Happy HolyDays

GoVegan

Enlightened
Yesterday I ordered my first Surefire lights ever:

1 x Backup E1B-MV
2 x Titan-A

My first flashlight order since Mar 2019 (which was a HDS EDC LE, last order before that was Apr 2018 which was another HDS, an EDC Executive). So I stopped buying lights recently as I've been happy with my HDS EDC LE, so why did I now buy the Backup?... well I feel like HDS Systems caters for a very specific crowd, mainly being the Rotary buyers, fancy HiCRI emitters and now fancy metals none of which I care about personally. So I thought I'd try the Surefire Backup to see how it compares. I like the fact that as a small tactical light it comes on high first but has a low mode for general usage and the 50 hour runtime on a CR123 is great in an emergency. I will also order a Z68 tailcap as I don't want any accidental light discharge in my pocket.
Why the Titan-A? For my keychain, to replace the Fenix E01 which has been my main backup since 2011. The Fenix still works great but as they've been discontinued for about a year now I feel like it's time to replace with something current, the dual 15/125 lumen output is a lot more flexible too. I decided against the Titan Plus as it is a lot heavier, I don't like burst modes, plus the UI is funky with L-M-H actually being L-M-M-H unless done slow (or so I previously read).

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfect pairing, congratsI also prioritize the sw45k... Happy HolyDays

Thanks. Largely decided to buy rotary based on your thoughts about its advantages over the clicks. What's the emitter in the E01? Stock?

Last edited: