What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Olumin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was very surprised to see that my 6PX tac. had a momentary only (twist for constant on) tailcap installed, since the Surefire website states "click tailcap". I dont know how old the light is exactly, but the batteries inside expire 2025, so at the latest 2015? But perhaps older. Did the 6PX ever come with a twisty tailcap?

EDIT: I have just found an old forum post talking about the switch to a forward clicky tailcap from the (back then) current tactical twist tailcap in the G2X, Fury, 6PX and so on. That post was made September of 2015. Batteries in mine expire June 2025. So manufacturing of the light was June 2015 or earlier, so that lines up. That seems to confirm it. Interesting.

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/index.php/t-173639.html

Last edited:

DIY Lumens

Newly Enlightened
Wurkkos FC11, 2700k version. I had been wanting an 18650 light with high CRI and warm tint, and saw it recommended on r/flashlight.
I like it. I don't like the tint as much as my 2700k Sofirn C01, but it's much nicer than any other 18650 light I have.

eff

Enlightened
The last light I got was a Maglite Pro.
It was just for the sake of having a Maglite with a decent amount of output :)

Last edited:

Hnht1030

Newly Enlightened
image.jpg
Just bought it last week and I can run with different batteries when I want.

weez82

Enlightened
I bought a convoy s11 from a member here a few months back. Love it so I thought I would try out an S2+. Should be here in about 6-8 weeks. Looking forward to testing it out and seeing if the budget S2+ lives up to the hype

Edit: it's the S2+ sst40 5000k

Last edited:

UnderPar

Enlightened
Got the Sofirn C8G last month. Its my first light on a 21700 battery. Currently my battery chargers doesnt accept 21700. So I got it since a charger comes with it in the box

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
Alpha 415 hi/lo, because it was on the clearance rack.
I guess the twelveteenth time was the charm. The clearance thing probably amped up those voices a few dB. I'd give you a bad time, but you made it 'til Tues. and I only made it 'til Sun. nite. I'd post what I ordered, but it was actually not one but TWO new lights, and I'm still pretty filthy with myself about it.

weez82

Enlightened
The light came early. Heck yeah! So far my initial impressions are it's pretty good. The build quality seems excellent so far the beam looks good. I also got a diffuser tip with it and so far that seems to be doing good. It's a little large for my liking for EDC. But I think it'll work good for tasks around the house and for camping. I'll be playing around with it and testing out over the next few weeks and put it through some torture tests to make sure it's reliable. I will probably wind up getting all the different colors lol

Attachments

• IMG_20210812_173454.jpg
    IMG_20210812_173454.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 62

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bought myself a Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA light to take on a work trip. Worked perfectly, kept a CR123 in it. Was nice to have decent kit with me with AA cell flexibility. I decided to take a newer budget-friendly light that was still capable and I wouldn't be distraught if I lost it on a business trip rather than my EDC Surefire L1 that stayed at home.

GadgetGeek

Newly Enlightened
Bought myself a Streamlight Protac 1L-1AA light to take on a work trip. Worked perfectly, kept a CR123 in it. Was nice to have decent kit with me with AA cell flexibility. I decided to take a newer budget-friendly light that was still capable and I wouldn't be distraught if I lost it on a business trip rather than my EDC Surefire L1 that stayed at home.
I have this light too. I like it.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Acebeam X50. Because it has a very small amount of lumens for a very long time, or a medium amount of lumens for a medium amount of time, or a very large amount of lumens for a very short time, or a very, very large amount of lumens for a very, very short time. These are things that are important to me.

Because I like the configuration and form factor. Because its beam profile matches one of my personality profiles. Because I have not bought a flashlight in five months. And lastly, because it is also offered in 5,000K neutral white. Even though I am ok/fine with cool white. And because this light is the logical upgrade from the much loved and much used X45.