What was your best deal?

H

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the best deal I ever got was a Power on Board 35 watt H.I.D. spotlight at a Sam's Club auction. The Cheapest was $14. The most expensive one was $19. These usually go for around $150. I ended up getting 5. Most went to family. I kept two to have fun with.

The second best deal was a Surefire 6PL for $44 at Adventure 16. Bought 2. One was gifted to a family member. I also got a P60L drop-in for $15 during that same sale.

Then there was a sale at Lowes on 3AA 1 watt luxeon TaskForce lights for $2.50 each (years ago, before 3 watt luxeons came out). Of course, I bought everything they had in stock for the next month, at two stores (18 lights, which were almost all gifted). Regular price was $15. They put out more light than a 3D Maglite and ran all night long.

Earlier this year, I got the last 3 1 watt Energizer 2AA Rebel l.e.d. aluminum lights from Target on clearance. They rung up on the scanners as free, but they wouldn't give me that price. I did however get them for 10% their original price, about $1.50 each.

think2x

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitecore SR3 for $60 new from 4sevens

Eagletac T10LC2 for $25 from 4sevens garage sale

J

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
-An excellent condition Z2 body for a mere $20 shipped (had the rest of the parts already) with international shipping.

-BNIP Surefire D3 Defender for $50

-Old school M6 (with the "Millennium Series M6" inscription), FM MN Bi Pin Adapter, FM 3x17670 Holder, 3 17670 batteries and charger (for the pack) + a bunch of WA 1185 for around $300. Super bright light!

hyperloop

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't beat any of those, got some nitecore stuff 1/2 price from 4sevens a while back including the $60 SR3

Just received my SR3 from 4sevens, paid $40 for it, saved $80.

nismotor

nismotor

Newly Enlightened
My best deal was a NIB Fenix TK11 R5 from Amazon Fulfillment off one of it's partners for $47 shipped. There was only 1 in stock when I ordered.

L

Lee Gardner

Newly Enlightened
J'ai eu mon premier 2AA à 1/2 du prix à l'époque. :p

Olumin

Olumin

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Well, since this was brought back from the dead anyway...

I like this thread actually, I wonder if I should open a "What was your best deal 2nd Edition" or just keep posting here? If there is any interest let me know.

My best deal on a light... I think 30€ shipped for a essentially new Surefire 9N with original box and charger was a pretty good deal. 33€ for a second hand 6Px tactical. 30€ shipped for a NIB Jetbeam RRT21. 40€ for a new and sealed 6P. Keep in mind all of those lights usually go for more in DE then they do in the US, due to scarcer supply.

C

Croquette

Enlightened
HDS clicky 140 lumen 4500 High cri for 125$

3_gun

Enlightened
Two ways I can answer this question.

1) Acebeam E70 = just the light I was looking for, so close to perfect it seems like I was part of the design team. How much is that worth?

2)SureFire X300 1st gen = bought an Remington 870 Police 20ga shotgun with some custom work done, a laser sight + SF for $400. Same sale bought an Eotech sight new in box for $20. Sold the eotech to a friend for a good price, for both of us, $400. Sold the 870 w/o the laser or SF for $450 + another 12ga shotgun. Sold the laser on eBay for $100. SF is still on my S&W & 12ga is behind the door. Doubt I'll beat that anytime soon, if ever.

N

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never scored lights for scandalous prices, but I was once searching for a particular surefire accessory, and came upon a dealer I had never found before. They had three MN20 lamp assemblies obviously collecting dust on the shelf, priced at $5 each. I could barely work my past-middle-aged fingers fast enough.

P.S. I remember when LA Police Gear was clearing out the E1W and E2W, still attached by cables to the vinophilic display stand, for $100. Why, oh why, did I not act...

Hightower

Hightower

Newly Enlightened
I had many good deals, but also missed a lot.
One of the latest one: Bought a 9/10 Surefire M6LT (older Version) for 25 EUR.

thermal guy

thermal guy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
I just got a new in box Fenix TK72R for 65 bucks! He had 2 should of got them both But had a feeling it was to good to be true. It wasn’t!😁

sorry old thread but……

Roger Sully

Roger Sully

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Supporter
December 2020 there was an epic sale here at CPF where I picked up a McGizmo modded 3 flats Surefire L2 for $39...

bykfixer

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
My best deals have been anytime Scout 24 thins out the herd in the WTS section. It's been a little while but my SureFire selection had some like new items added at clearance prices.