What watch you're wearing?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I've been wearing mostly bracelet watches recently. Ones micro-adjusted with a wee bit of droop toward the top so that when going out in the heat the wrist swell doesn't cause it to become tight. At the end of the day a quick rinse with a tooth brush removes any crud that accumulates.

Bucur

Enlightened
I ended up getting one of these:

View attachment 63580

JDM Casio Oceanus T200S. Solar, sapphire, perpetual calendar, Multi-band 6, syncs to your phone and will update there too.
The cases are made by Seiko on the same lines as the Grand Seiko cases, so it has that nice Zaratsu polishing.

It came w/ a bracelet, but I will have to get that sized, so for now it rides on black leather.

Should be a solid day-to-day performer. I'm pretty happy w/ it so far.
Congratulations for your new watch. Solar, perpetual calendar and sync to phone are what I keep admiring but I end up in the mechanical domain so far (except for a G-Shock). Enjoy the Oceanus.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_6657.jpeg

fuyume

Enlightened
My 2002 Breitling Avenger Seawolf. I bought it the day before I got married in 2002. I've been getting back on a fitness routine, and I think I've lost enough fat to wear it again. I might still need to take it to someone with the right tools to put a spare link in the bracelet, though.

And yes, that's not an optical illusion—the case really is just about as wide as my whole wrist! :D
It's also 19 or 20 mm thick (about 3/4").

IMG_0941.JPEG

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2002 Breitling Avenger Seawolf. I bought it the day before I got married in 2002. I've been getting back on a fitness routine, and I think I've lost enough fat to wear it again. I might still need to take it to someone with the right tools to put a spare link in the bracelet, though.

And yes, that's not an optical illusion—the case really is just about as wide as my whole wrist! :D
It's also 19 or 20 mm thick (about 3/4").
Wider even. You do indeed have a dainty wrist.

fuyume

Enlightened
Wider even. You do indeed have a dainty wrist.
Being a woman over 6 feet tall, I sometimes have a complex about my size, so it's nice that at least one part of me can be called "dainty". 😆 My stepsister is even taller than me, though.

Mind you, I am right now 25 pounds heavier than I was 22 years ago when I bought my Breitling. I had the jeweler remove multiple links from the bracelet, and now I should probably have one put back in, though I would prefer to just lose 25 pounds.

Last edited:

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a woman over 6 feet tall, I sometimes have a complex about my size, so it's nice that at least one part of me can be called "dainty". 😆 My stepsister is even taller than me, though.

Mind you, I am right now 25 pounds heavier than I was 22 years ago when I bought my Breitling. I had the jeweler remove multiple links from the bracelet, and now I should probably have one put back in, though I would prefer to just lose 25 pounds.
The tallest woman I've dated was about 6'2" which is actually a bit taller than myself. She was a very nice girl.
I have a niece that's about 6'3".

You can still be tall and dainty, I'll add that I feel you need not have a complex regarding your size as you say. You can consider my comment a compliment.

25lbs is only about 11kgs, I reckon you could shave a bit of that off no problem if you want. As far as taking off years though, unfortunately we can't do that.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I used my shiney new tools to remove some links from the 7 row beads of rice bracelet.
IMG_6648.jpeg

Custom fit with a minor droop at 12 for when heat expands my wrist. A micro adjustment on the clasp will allow for winter resizing.

If all goes well I'll be sportin' a like new '71 Seiko LordMatic linen dial this time tomorrow.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_6661.jpeg

The LordMatic arrived.
Bracelet is a bit too small. Bracelet extender enroute.
In the meantime....
IMG_6680.jpeg

A 1973 Timex Sprite band is used.

IMG_6667.jpeg

So instead of appearing like a Jr associate at a Japanese law firm watch, it now looks by like the wrist watch the mailroom guy would wear... for now.

Last edited:

iacchus

Enlightened

Latest posts