What watch you're wearing?

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Started the morning with CW, still wearing it into the afternoon.
CRCPNFnl.jpg

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Was in my local gun shop this weekend. Through the years I've walked in and passed this pocket watch that has been sitting in the display case for God knows how long. I finally said heck with it and purchased it for a good deal. I started doing some research on it and and learned some really interesting things. I was able to go to the Waltham site and look up the serial#. It was made in 1943, 85,000 were produced in the serial number run I have, and was distributed throughout the Military. Back then the women in watch factories would use radium paint to hand paint the numbers so they would glow. They would put the tip of their brush between their lips to bring the brush to a nice point before and after dipping. little did they know the paint was radioactive due to the radium. so alot of them had very bad long term health effects from this. They are now referred to as the Radium Women/Girls. I'm almost 100% sure this is one of the many many pocket watches painted by them. Even if it's not, I learned a little tidbit about horology along the way. Just figured I'd share. If this needs moved to another forum please feel free to do so. Have a good day everyone![emoji16]
331b27b2a3252f9cf44f4a2bacb0e780.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyTEK

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

It's been a long day, but a little bright G action can keep it real. Hope everyone had a good hump day!

vLd6n_wZPe0zSheASjC5xM9uYXSRexaaJReLpGH3L7OdkqSeki30zHa1iO0h1K7z_ISwJ38gX08Hb1c-6ity0-pGySUgtIoCR-fdk90Fn0yCFxYvK1Xh5OgnUJ82piHCxYG5WJ5Q2A=w2400

Latest posts