What watch you're wearing?

ven

Flashaholic
very:cool: love the way you can customise it.........like a different watch every day,or for the occasion :twothumbs

Like the idea of the alarm that wakes you and no one else,presume vibrates or something,either way very different and very smart

ARA

Enlightened
Another addition.

kqcfx.jpg

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Loving the Sawtooth on the Monster bracelet which is in the foreground of the image below.

7gxn.jpg

Tony

Norad2000x

Newly Enlightened
Quite a few fancy watches! I guess people interested in nice lights have a tendency to like finer things in life :)

I've been wearing a Casio ABC Solar Pathfinder. Not very fancy, but pretty rugged. If you look closely, you'll notice something special peeking out!

vicali

Newly Enlightened
I started looking for a watch last summer, I had a few different 'cheapies' and wanted to get into nicer dive watches.
Really liked the Seiko 007/009s and was getting ready to put in an order. A friend got a snk809 and he was really li8king it.

I ended up getting one as an intro to the dive watch world.. :D

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I started looking for a watch last summer, I had a few different 'cheapies' and wanted to get into nicer dive watches.
Really liked the Seiko 007/009s and was getting ready to put in an order. A friend got a snk809 and he was really li8king it.

I ended up getting one as an intro to the dive watch world.. :D

http://forums.watchuseek.com/attachments/f21/493559d1313457074-seiko-5-snk809-snk809.jpg

Image tags removed see Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images. Please host on an image site, Imageshack or similar and repost – Thanks Norm

Really hate being the bearer of bad news but that's a Pilot's watch dial. Not a diver's.

Last edited by a moderator:

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Loving the Sawtooth on the Monster bracelet which is in the foreground of the image below.

7gxn.jpg

Tony

Nice. I'm looking for a Sawtooth. The Gen 1 Monster bracelets were incredibly good and comfy.

Nice MM300 in the background too!

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got a thing for solar g-shock.

Have a stainless bezel, a two tone white/black

And also have a invicta, rose gold and silver.

Would like to get a really nice one sometime, but I seem to throw my money at vinh, and my host machinist lol. Obviously well.

ghuns

Newly Enlightened
I am a one watch kinda guy. I hate cheap watches but don't want one that I can't wear everyday for fear of hurting it. Can't remember how long I've had it. Got it Father's Day several years ago. It comes off my wrist a couple times a year for the band to get a brake cleaner bath.

helpimlost

Newly Enlightened
I am in the market for a new watch but am waiting to see developments in the smart watch space over the next year or so before taking the plunge. With the advent of better looking pebble watches and android in watches it should be interesting. Care to share your smartwatch pics?

lightcycle1

Enlightened
Aquired a couple weeks ago.
This is a watch I've lusted after for years.
Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch.

zamaqyzu.jpg

lightcycle1

Enlightened
I am in the market for a new watch but am waiting to see developments in the smart watch space over the next year or so before taking the plunge. With the advent of better looking pebble watches and android in watches it should be interesting. Care to share your smartwatch pics?

No interest at all here. I like watches for the aesthics, history, and precision mechanical functionality. Electronic technology is all aound us, useful in it's place, useless and overkill in a device like a watch IMO. I don't want the internet on my wrist, or on a screen in my glasses. I have a G-Shock that tells temperature and barometric pressure. That's as far as I ever want to go in a watch.
Give me a classic handwinder. Part of the attraction for me is the mechanical aspect, complex and refined, with a touch of simplicity. It's a tiny machine that has a heartbeat, a face and it's own character + unique traits + beauty. It works when we interact with it, wind it, polish it, wear it, clean it; and can bring a good joy when you learn to appreciate it for what it is.

Last edited:

LanthanumK

Newly Enlightened
I have Gshock solar, just like the one on top in Tmack's picture. It is not a stylish watch but is extremely durable, after 3 years of wearing it I haven't got a single scratch on the screen. It has been splashed around in shallow water for hours, but never got wet inside. The lithium-ion battery is less durable than the lithium primary normally included in watches, but as long as it stays on my wrist, it should be fine.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
yda4e3yr.jpg

:D

Have to agree. I've put this watch through some crap, and I need to really inspect it to find any bad spots.

As far as straps go, this one, and my white and black have never given me problems.

The strap on the one I'm wearing is especially tough. I'm sure lanthanum can vouch for its toughness. The most robust strap and buckle I've seen on a g