What watch you're wearing?

markr6

Flashaholic
Had a few square G Shocks in the past which I like but they always were smacking into stuff, getting caught on my sleeves, and uncomfortable to sleep with them on.

I took a look at the round ones...those are insane!! I'd be taking corners of drywall off my house just wearing one. Low profile and smaller that's my game.

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Casio W-217 and Casio A168 lines are definitely worth taking a look at if you're digging the F91 :)

ven

Flashaholic
Hey guys, hope your all safe and doing well . All OK in the UK..........well within reason! Nothing new watch front at moment, but i am contemplating a new one soon. Just have to work through my shortlist of 350:) Nah its out of 3 or 4, but ive mostly been wearing Gs. My autos have been sat in a case!

Wont bore with doing the last month haha, but last few
wFVky8Fl.jpg

F0nbUCXl.jpg

X58gdrel.jpg

0YpfQMll.jpg

I know the heart rate monitor isnt the best, but i dont care, close to getting this as like the design/colours and a little different
https://g-shock.co.uk/gbd-h1000-1a4er

gurdygurds that casio is a sure fire classic! Wear in good health:)
Many people wonder if something may look to small or too big. If they feel snobby or show off wearing a Rolex etc(not all but it often comes up). Things like "what will the other office staff think if i wear my Rolex in work?" The answer is , no one will even notice, never mind actually care(unless obvious watch fanatics but then they would get it anyway). On the G forum and FB groups, you see all kinds. Kings overhanging wrists, rangeman beast(1000) on ladies wrists. All that matters is the person wearing is happy.

The only ones i get comments on, are from other G shock owners or diver owners. There is only a short period of time at the locker room, it would get noticed. The start and end as i cant wear one in work. Probably get beat quick anyway, i take off if working on car as its just asking for unnecessary and avoidable scrapes, as you reach down the side of an engine bay etc.

However a bit of chainsaw action, it stays on!

ven

Flashaholic
Get yourself a G-Shock. You won't be killing those every 18 months, that's for sure. It took me I think a least a dozen years to wear my first G-Shock down to the point where I had to just retire it.

Thats a big fat +1 from me as well.

$60 or so will get you a cool square 5600 or a minty used 5610(solar and multiband 6). Good for a couple of decades ..................then you might need to change the rechargeable battery at around 25yrs:twothumbs

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love the photos y'all post and very much enjoy seeing what we're all wearing. There are a lot of watches that I personally wouldn't wear but really appreciate seeing, so this thread is absolutely awesome for me on multiple levels.

I hope to get some time this winter to start posting photos, too.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK. So I have expressed my new found love for the A-91w. It got me thinking that having one with a black coated steel case would be awesome to have, so I started researching. Came across an older model called the A160 which is black coated steel in the same form factor. Found one on Ebay so I said what the heck and pulled the trigger. Got home from work just now and there it is in the mailbox. This..thing....is....AWESOME! Japan made which is always a plus in my book. I'm absolutely dorking out over these little Casios!!

Untitled by Six Pound Cat, on Flickr

QUOTE=Grijon;5440255]I love the photos y'all post and very much enjoy seeing what we're all wearing. There are a lot of watches that I personally wouldn't wear but really appreciate seeing, so this thread is absolutely awesome for me on multiple levels.

I hope to get some time this winter to start posting photos, too.[/QUOTE]

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yea I really like it. Even the band is comfortable and I'm not a metal strap dude normally. In flashlight terms, I would equate the F-91w plastic fantastic watch with the Photon Freedom. Simple, functional, and super cool.
That A160's pretty cool... :cool:

archimedes

Flashaholic
This Casio ...

6TQ1OPV.jpg

... is one of my favorites, and I wear it often. Seeing that World Time mini-map always brings to mind the global and astronomical nature of time in a way that I find interesting.

World timer / GMT / 24hr complications are especially fascinating to me.

luxlunatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
All this Casio talk has me pulling out my relics!

I had these 3 since new in the 80's. The bottom left was my first Casio, the one on top was 2nd and that design about a year later morphed into the G-Shock with some extra casing but utilizing the same "movement" for many years after. I have never seen another like it, similar but not that one. I remember the original battery in it lasted over 9 years, pretty amazing efficiency for the era.
Bottom right is a touch calculator that still operates! That screen was hard not to nick as a kid and one scratch can end the calc function. That watch was electronic wizardry to me then!!
80zyVV9.png

Next is a Triple Sensor from the early/mid 90's.
This was the last Casio I purchased before getting into Citizen Divers, then Seiko Divers and finally finding my way down the automatic rabbit hole...
7FlOY0v.png

I still have a Twin Sensor around somewhere and I've had many other Casio's that were lost or traded over the decades.

markr6

Flashaholic
Reminds me of 7th grade, about 1995 I guess. The smartest guy in class was into calculator watches. One day he shows up with a watch that you could program to control your VCR (pretty darn good back then!) The teacher started some educational video and he kept hitting STOP the minute she sat down. She didn't know what was going on. Good times!

caelyx

Newly Enlightened
Sinn 556i - I really like how clean the design is and how quick it is to read, and the marvelous mechanical internals are really fun.

ven

Flashaholic
Very cool lux, especially the triple sensor.......awesome

Little catch up for week(could not comment before due to server)
DHLGlpnl.jpg

wiYvbInl.jpg

qOOzcMz.jpg

DD5mHKFl.jpg

dx59NIOl.jpg

l3RzB1il.jpg

KYaYB2Fl.jpg

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ven, it has taken me over a year of watch interest, but I have really come to appreciate digital - and that means I enjoy your photos more than ever now!

Grijon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think I ever said: those vintage Casios above are AWESOME! Thank you guys so much for sharing those.

I have a base 5600 that I think is the perfect blend of function with some retro feel to it and I use it for serious timekeeping (travel, work and such), but the digitals that I wear the most are the two little ones that give me the 80s and 90s vibe so much - Casio's W-217H and A168.

ven

Flashaholic
Ven, it has taken me over a year of watch interest, but I have really come to appreciate digital - and that means I enjoy your photos more than ever now!

:cool:

Having had divers and chronos mostly, it was nice to have a few digital options. I love my auto divers no less, but that classic/nostalgic and retro feel from a casio digital watch is unparalleled. Simple, cheap(within reason), reliable and just work. Only down side (although they do look cool) is casio's love for negative displays. These unless perfect lighting conditions, can be a pita to read in low light, impossible even!.

Ebay can be fun to, checking for older G shocks and casios, calculator ones, protreks etc, lots of classic stuff for pocket change at times. 20 bucks or so can get you a watch for life!

The 5600 is an awesome square Grijon, work or play it will be there when you need it. Tough, light weight and not like many G shocks that can be bulky to HUGE. Glad enjoying the digitals:)

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am starting to like the square Casio digitals, too. I never really got into Casio digital watches because I find most of them ugly, or too bulky. However, I am really digging the black G-Shock 5600. That looks just right. I spent some time looking at mods for the 5600, and you can have a lot of fun with them for just a few bucks. Filters, cases, bands, etc.

I bought the new crystal version of the 5600 last week, and immediately returned it. It looked cheap and I hated the clear band. I also got the crystal Casioak GA2100SKE-7A, and it didn't do anything for me, either. It seems like more of a novelty than a legitimate watch. The dial and digital display are not as clear as I like, and I can't get past the totally clear band. Fortunately, I can flip it on eBay and get a (used) dive watch. It's was an early birthday present, so even if I liked it I would have to wait to wear it.

Now off to eBay to hunt down a cheap 5600. Don't tell my wife!