What weapon light are you using on your AR15?

SoCalDep

Newly Enlightened
Work Guns:

Several M16 variants modified to semi-only with no weapon light
Several Colt M4-LE with Surefire 6PX Tactical in Elzetta mounts

Personal Gun (I switch things around a lot, but right now):

Streamlight TLR-3. It's compact and puts out enough light for me. I used to run a Surefire G2L but decided I wanted the handheld, so I threw the TLR-3 on the FSB rail until I figure out what to do.

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Elzetta 3 cell host with Malkoff M60 and hi/lo strobe, running on 3 primaries
Why? Great, rugged weapon light, incredible run time (2 cell ran for 130 minutes on high then another 28 hours on low – imagine how long the 3 cell will run). Of course, an Elzetta mount....
IMG_6357.JPG

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
so what's the most versatile mount yall would recommend?

i don't any rifles yet, but i plan on buying a Sig 556 when I'm out of school sometime.

i'd like something that's good with 4Sevens Quarks (I know they're not the G5 Maelstroms that are made to be mounted, but if I could find something that will hold a Quark that'd be great) or Armytek Predators, Klarus XT11s, etc.

thoughts? I figured it'd be best to ask in this thread instead of making a new one. :)

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
so what's the most versatile mount yall would recommend?

i don't any rifles yet, but i plan on buying a Sig 556 when I'm out of school sometime.

i'd like something that's good with 4Sevens Quarks (I know they're not the G5 Maelstroms that are made to be mounted, but if I could find something that will hold a Quark that'd be great) or Armytek Predators, Klarus XT11s, etc.

thoughts? I figured it'd be best to ask in this thread instead of making a new one. :)

I like the IWC (Impact weapon components) gear. I'm not big on offset mounts

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a question for those of you who have experience with the M60 and M61: if you could choose one to be on your weapon in, say, a 6P, which would you choose? Does the M60 really outthrow the M61 by a significant margin, or do you think the additional flood of the M61 is the better way to go?

I'm currently running an M60 in a stock 6P with an XM-06 tailcap. It is held to the rail with a Larue Tactical inline flashlight mount (LT-707).

CLBME

Enlightened
+1 as Madecov said. IWC is a great company- small enough for excellent service and to adapt to the market. They make other great and useful products too. I use a PolyTac in IWC's TMC mount. Probably switching out for a SF. The PolyTac is great but is sensitive to the clamp.

I like the IWC (Impact weapon components) gear. I'm not big on offset mounts

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a question for those of you who have experience with the M60 and M61: if you could choose one to be on your weapon in, say, a 6P, which would you choose? Does the M60 really outthrow the M61 by a significant margin, or do you think the additional flood of the M61 is the better way to go?

I'm currently running an M60 in a stock 6P with an XM-06 tailcap. It is held to the rail with a Larue Tactical inline flashlight mount (LT-707).

The M60 is better for out-doors, where range is needed...it out throws the M61 by a decent amount...the M61 gives you better situational awareness, but if mounted too far far back, may light up your weapon, due to the extra flood.

SDM44

Newly Enlightened
Using a Surefire G2 w/P61 CREE LED on my AR rifle.

Using a TLR-1s on my AR pistol.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M60 is better for out-doors, where range is needed...it out throws the M61 by a decent amount...the M61 gives you better situational awareness, but if mounted too far far back, may light up your weapon, due to the extra flood.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Figure I'll throw in the M60 when I'm outdoors hunting (legal to hunt certain game at night in TX), and keep the M61 in it when it is at home.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will be having a new weaponlight soon. It will outshine any other weaponlight I have. cant wait to get it. Will post pics when it comes in.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My new weaponlight arrived. I didnt take a picture of it on my AR-15 but here it is on my KRISS vector and KSG.

dsc_0310.jpg

dsc_0312.jpg

Now I need to get a power supply from Mac.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually Jamemtl514, the added weight should act to counter muzzle climb haha. I would never use this on my firearms. It is too ridiculous.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, whooda thunk Kel-Tec could get into the $900.00+ market

Finally a light that might actually cost more than the gun :nana:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bone, your friend has a KRISS Vector? Send him over to KRISSTALK.com it is a KRISS forum. Mostly of KRISS vector owners. Im a mod on there.

Anyway The KRISS Vector has a light adapter that is like $30. It is designed around the E1B body. So any SF E1 body will work (except for the early teardrops) you need to remove the pocket clip and a set screw pushes down on that flat part of the body to hold it in place. Also your friend will need to pick up a SF UE07 remote tape switch and tailcap from a Scoutlight. Check marketplace. They pop up quite frequently. There is NO other way to activate that light without the tape switch. I suppose if you had a twisty tailcap you could twist the head to turn it on. But I would not recommend that.

The head is a Tan Mini Scoutlight KX1C head that has been modified. It is 200 lumens and can be powered by anything. 2xAA, li-ion rechargeable, or primary.

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Malkoff MD10 to put in my M962. I'm looking forward to using this as my long distance night time coyote/hog hunting light.

hburner

Enlightened
I purchased the super tac from steamlight and have been very happy the setup on my AR, I did however replace the vertical grip with a Magpul MOE foregrip, it is a tad shorter and not quite as heavy