What will you look forward to when covid is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
I'd be so glad to take mask off in stores I wear glasses and can't see a dang thing with mask on in winter or high humidty. Glasses fogup!. I'd also love to go to store and feel safe

Quillz

Newly Enlightened
Concerts, football games, and air travel not being so restricted!

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'm afraid we are all going to have a long wait till Covid or a variant of it is not an issue anymore.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I pretty much live pretty close to the way it was. After 911 and the Boston Marathon bombing I no longer went to large gatherings anyway.

From Thanksgiving to Valentine's day we did not go to crowded restaraunts due to colds and flu.

Did we hunker down and order everything from Amazon, have our groceries delivered? Nope. Still don't. Ya gotta live. And since my job requires I mingle with people both indoors and out it's not even a consideration to stay at home everyday. Since the year began people all around me are starting to test positive. It's something to consider. But it aint like I'm on the front line like doctors, nurses and grocery store people.

Meanwhile my family is passing a cold around. So we kinda quarentine but not really. Just like every winter since before the deal and likely after.

Now before omni-cron many were starting to walk around buildings maskless. In many cases my thoughts were "put your mask back on fella, 'cause you're one ugly individual"…

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
I'm hyped about the use of face masks finally becoming optional. Having to wear one at all times at work is a massive pain in the glutes, and I can't wait for that to become past tense, but I found out the neoprene masks I wear work brilliantly in stopping harsh sunlight, brushfire smoke, airborne dust, gas exhaust fumes and even cigarette smoke, all of which are problems in my day-to-day life. I don't go out pedaling without it anymore.

After the while gongshow is done with, I'll still carry one in my EDC bag, if not two because I'm forgetful :poke:

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Perversely, going back to the office. Not daily - since there isn't one - but perhaps every other week to see my team members again in person.

I'd like to travel in the future.

I'm looking forward to getting a haircut
I think it's been a good year since I last had a haircut. In high school my drafting instructor would always inquire whether a hair cut was a mulch job or a bag job; my next hair cut is definitely going to be on the bag job side of the scale.

Also not having my glasses fog up.
So much this. Masks fog up mine like it's a primary design goal.

turbodog

Flashaholic
1642303283406.png

Poppy

Flashaholic
I used to do a lot of hand shaking and hugging, now it is more like greeting someone with a stand back 3-6 feet and a head nod/bow. If they offer a fist for a fist bump, it takes me a moment of thought to return the gesture. Strange.

scout24

Flashaholic
I really look forward to traveling a bit. Wife and I used to head down to Florida for a week here and a week there. Visit her Uncle, walk on the beach, decompress a bit. Pack up the camper and go. Blackened scallops and an after dinner walk by the water sounds really good right now.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to travel in the future.
What an exciting idea that when COVID is 'over', time travel is on the agenda!

(Almost) 12 year old son had an uncomfortable Thursday night, Friday all day. PCR test that afternoon gave results last night of positive. He did his chores yesterday and today but we are mandating him taking it easy. Never sneezed or coughed; no lost sense of smell at all. Wife and I had the booster before Christmas; we are fine. Aware of possible future variants but we have now looked into the eye of the tiger and survived.

Status
Not open for further replies.