What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Greatest American Hero and Perfect Strangers! But seriously, I loved those shows.
I grew up on British Comedies from the 1970's and I still love them. So many I could mention. They still rear their heads every now and then here, and if they don't I hunt them down using various devious means like something or rather tube.
I even dug out George and Mildred recently. Good times.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Sorry, I couldn't read every page of this post, but the greatest TV show that was so screwed by its network (that would be CBS) was WKRP In Cincinnati. Such a great show. Wish the schedulers had left in in one time slot so that viewers would know when it was airing.

Arthur "the Big Guy" Carlson: "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

IMG_1172.jpeg

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

It always cracks me up when I see a wild turkey run down the road to get a head start, and then fly away ~.~
we have alot of turkeys around here.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Farscape, and Northern Exposure.
I once saw Chiana without her make-up on.... Completely unrecognizable. Though likely a HUGE advantage for Gigi Edgley when she was traveling anywhere during the height of the show's popularity.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I once saw Chiana without her make-up on.... Completely unrecognizable. Though likely a HUGE advantage for Gigi Edgley when she was traveling anywhere during the height of the show's popularity.
I stood behind Bruce Willis in a check out line at a Wal Mart in Currituck NC some years back. He looked like Bruce and sounded like Bruce but nobody spoke to him because he's so short in real life. I heard folks nearby saying stuff like "no way that's him that guy's too short". He was buying a kite for his young son. He had a home at the Outter Banks back then.

One day my old boss struck up a conversation with an older fellow at a gas station. He got back in the truck and says "bet you didn't know that was Richard Petty". "Really? You're right" I said. In a baseball cap and flannel shirt he sure looked different. But my boss used to race with him back in the early 1960's and Richard remembered a time he got passed by my boss on the last lap of a race in 1962.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Ironically, I'm sure Bruce appreciated the fact that everyone left him alone. Someone as wealthy as he is, you'd thik he'd have an assistant to take care of that for him.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Piccard was the worst captain ever. Even Janeway or Cisco was better.
Captain Kirk was the best for sure but I think Picard's style is more realistic for a 24th century starship captain. He's actually closer to how I would command a starship. My biggest complaint about Picard was my thinking surely they'll have cures for baldness in the 24th century. I would assume then being bald was a choice on his part, not due to biology.

The other big thing which always bothered me about Star Trek (and for that matter Star Wars) was the fact people still aged. I know the producers did this because of the simple reality that the actors would eventually age past the point where makeup could cover it up, but nowadays with CGI no such limitation exists. But seriously, if the time comes we can build warp drive, we surely would have found a cure for aging probably generations earlier.

BTW, my great grandfather was a ship's captain back in Italy in the late 19th century. Maybe if we find a cure for aging I'll be a starship captain in the 23rd or 24th century.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Ironically, I'm sure Bruce appreciated the fact that everyone left him alone. Someone as wealthy as he is, you'd thik he'd have an assistant to take care of that for him.
You're right but maybe he sometimes likes to go out without security or other assistants.

One thing I find strange about a lot of today's celebrities is they drive their vehicles, instead of having someone drive for them. It used to be a sign of wealth and success when you delegated pedestrian chores like driving to others. Besides that, given all the crashes and DWIs these celebrities get into, maybe they should stick to acting, singing, whatever.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
You're right but maybe he sometimes likes to go out without security or other assistants.

One thing I find strange about a lot of today's celebrities is they drive their vehicles, instead of having someone drive for them. It used to be a sign of wealth and success when you delegated pedestrian chores like driving to others. Besides that, given all the crashes and DWIs these celebrities get into, maybe they should stick to acting, singing, whatever.
Would seem like a great way to party but completely avoid a DWI charge, afterwards. Get p*$$ drunk.... Have your completely sober chauffeur drive you home, after he spent hours sitting in the car waiting on you. Heck, easy gig. Get paid some sweet bucks to sit on your backside for hours.

Galane

Newly Enlightened
Alice Cooper and his wife go out and get pizza without a retinue. They were recorded on someone's dashcam and the video got sent to Wham Baam Dashcam. Just walking along, carrying a pizza in a box like everyday people.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
That's one reason several famous people flocked to the Outter Banks of North Carolina in the late 90's/early 2000's. The locals just saw them as another local.
Ed O'Neil held the door for me at a gas station one day. I said "thanks Al" as I walked past. Heck, even Bill Gates had a home there back then. They may still have homes there, but after the place got crowded I stopped going there. My sister used to fret that Bill Gates had steel steps leading up to his ocean front house. "What a waste" she'd say. Back then he was considered the world's richest man, so I'm pretty sure he could afford to replace them someday.

Andy Griffith had a place there too. He was a cranky old dude so the locals avoided him when he popped into a hardware store or at the gas station. But many celebreties live similar to us. They just have a better income. KISS lead singer Paul Stanley drives his kid to school in a Chevy SUV. lol

I've been watching Spenser for Hire lately. Eh, they don't need to bring that one back.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
"Car 54, Where are you?"

Though considering how things are in America nowadays, a comedic cop show would likely get cancelled before the end of Season 1.