What's A Good Paper Shredder?

Skyline

Enlightened
Re: What\'s A Good Paper Shredder?

[ QUOTE ]
Wingerr said:
That must make interesting confetti- any good uses for it? Potted plants? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I would think just snapping the disk in two would do the job of securing it. I suppose someone could conceivably have some fixed scanner that could extract the information from the broken pieces, but they would have to want it really, really, really bad (to quote Zoolander) to do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

The confetti is quite interesting! Lots of fluffy foil like bits. It doesn't quite cut up into little rectangles. Looks more like someone took some dynamite to a stack of CDs.

Yeah, I've also consider breaking them in half, but hard to do that to a hundred of them. Also considered Krazy Glue'ing them all into one solid block, lol!

This way is too fun though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

If you have small children at home, check the paper intake and make sure that the plastic trim aroujnd it is tight enough and RIGID enough to prevent young children and/or pets from getting their fingers or tongues stuck in them!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Skyline said:
Yeah, I've also consider breaking them in half, but hard to do that to a hundred of them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow- just how many do you go through, if that's the coaster portion? If I had a hundred to destroy, I think I'd consider going sledge-o-matic on them just for the fun of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

paulr

Flashaholic

I've broken a few cd's in half and I don't recommend it. The polycarbonate flexes over pretty far and then snaps somewhat violently, getting shards all over the place, along with little flakes of foil that peel off of the shards. Cutting the cd with a tin snips or heavy duty shear works a lot better. Sooner or later I'll get one of those shredders. Note that if you have super sensitive stuff on the cd, even tiny crumbs from a shredded CD might be able to reveal some of the data using a microscope. It's best to encrypt the contents before writing to the cd, if you need ultra security. http://gnupg.org is a good free file encryption program though it doesn't encrypt the whole cd file system in a way that you can mount and use it normally.

ChayidShred

Newly Enlightened
I will suggest you to look online on amazon or ebay and find shredder according to your range, Read reviews so you can get better in cheaper price.

Regards